La Réserve Eden au Lac Zurich
La Réserve Eden au Lac Zurich
Utoquai 45, 8008 Zurich
Michel Reybier Hospitatlity
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
The new La Réserve Eden au Lac will position itself in a unique way as a 5*+ property in Zurich. With its unique concepts and understanding of luxury hospitality, the goal is to create an own identity and be known as a hot spot in Zurich.
La Réserve Eden
History & Story
At the very beginning of the success story is a collapse: In 1935, the former Soil Credit Institution had to take over the « Eden au Lac », built in 1909, due to bankruptcy. It should be a story that will write Swiss hotel history. The man who decided to put all his perseverance, attention to detail and relentless discipline to the reconstruction of the Eden was Arthur Louis Thurnheer, who died in 1970. In 1935, the bank employed the travelled merchant as delegate for the « Eden au Lac ».
Through the intense years of war, he led the house confidently, energetically supported by his wife, and soon the Eden au Lac should be one of the top addresses to go in Zurich. Due to his professionalism as a crisis manager, A. L. Thurnheer became owner in 1947. Until 1963, he continued to devote himself personally to the management. In 1963 Ruedi Bärtschi with best references from world known Hotels took the place as General Manager in the Eden au Lac. Mr. Bärtschi, who has not only run the hotel for years, but became also co-owner and principal shareholder, transferred the management of the hotel in 2005 to the Victoria Jungfrau Collection.
In October 2017, the hotel was closed for a major renovation and overhaul of the building for 2 years. In the fall of 2019 we will finally be able to reopen the Eden au Lac under the flag of La Réserve.
The Neubarock building from 1909 is now classified as a protected object. According to the decision of the governmental council, it is a cultural monument which decisively influences the appearance of the Zurich lake front.
Intensive renovation from 2017 to 2019. Interior Design, restaurants, rooms, the complete Hotel is designed by famous Architect Philippe Starck.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Only 5* hotel in Zurich located right next to the lake, very personalized and individual service due to size of the hotel (40 rooms) and employee to guest ratio (2 :1), first and only Swiss hotel fully designed by Philippe Starck, unique/trendy/vibrant F&B concepts, majority of the rooms with lake view.
The La Reserve Eden au Lac Zurich is situated on the shore of Lake Zurich with unique views over Lake Zurich and the Alps- 8 miles from Zurich International Airport- 20 minutes by taxi- 2 minutes walking distance from Zurich Opera House.
Key sites/activities in the area
Zurich Lake, 0 km away. Reachable by foot.
Zoo Zurich, 4 km away. Reachable by car.
Platzpromenade, 1 km away. Reachable by foot.
Opera House, 0 km away. Reachable by foot.
China Gardens, 1 km away. Reachable by foot.
Bahnhofstrasse, 1 km away. Reachable by foot.
• Number of suites: 3
• Lakeview Suite: 1 suite available, 59 sqm, Lake view, King Size bed, seating area, private bar, separate bath tub and walk-in shower, balcony and entertainment system.
• Eden Suite: 2 suites available, 75 – 79 sqm, Lake view, King Size bed, seating area, private bar, separate bath tub and walk-in shower, balcony and entertainment system.
• Number of Luxury rooms:
• Premier Terrace room: 5 rooms, 37 – 39 sqm, Lake View, King Size bed, seating area, private bar, bath tub or shower, terrace with view to the lake, entertainment system, located on 1 floor only.
• Prestige balcony room: 10 rooms, 34 – 38 sqm, Lake View, King Size bed, seating area, private bar, bath tub or shower, balcony with view to the lake, entertainment system.
• Corner room: 6 rooms, 36 – 39 sqm, King Size bed, seating area, private bar, bath tub or shower, entertainments system
• Lakeview room: 8 rooms, 28 – 32 sqm, King size bed, seating area, private bar, bath tub or shower, entertainment system
• Deluxe City room: 5 rooms, 30 sqm, King size bed, seating area, private bar, bath tub or shower, view to the city, entertainment system
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 37
Restaurants & Bars
• The Kitchen: Trendy and vibrant restaurant with an amazing show kitchen. True eye-catcher is the custom made grill, which is used as a main tool to prepare and serve signature dishes. , Chef: Alexandre Geffroy, serves á la carte
• The Bar: Hotspot and perfect place to see and to be seen. Unique design paired with an urban vibe. Perfect spot to enjoy live music with a modern and innovative food & beverage concept.
• La Muña: Exclusive and innovative restaurant. Perfect place to finish a busy work day. Serves light, healthy, innovative and creative food and beverages, serves á la carte
• La Muña Terrace: Rooftop terrace with unique view over the Alps and Lake Zurich. Perfect place to finish a busy work day. Serves light, healthy, innovative and creative food and beverages.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Rooftop terrace – suited for various events up to 40 pax
Number of employees