La Residencia, A Belmond Hotel, Mallorca
La Residencia, A Belmond Hotel, Mallorca
Son Canals s/n, 07179 Deia
Date of creation
The two manor houses date back to the 16th and 17th centuries, property of Belmond since 2003
Thomas Moons – previously General Manager of Miraflores Park, a Belmond hotel, Lima since 2018 – was appointed as General Manager of La Residencia, a Belmond hotel, Mallorca in 2021. Moons brings over 15 years of international hospitality experience to the role. Prior to working with Belmond, he worked at renowned hotels in Belgium, The Netherlands and Dubai.
LA RESIDENCIA, A BELMOND HOTEL, MALLORCA
History and Story
The heart of La Residencia, A Belmond Hotel, Mallorca beats from two manor houses that date back to the 16th and 17th centuries. Behind the honey-coloured stone walls and pale green shutters you’ll find original beams are complemented by whitewashed walls. Come summer, the cooling terracotta tiles fend off the heat of the sun. La Residencia, A Belmond Hotel, Mallorca is a place that knows luxury—and life—is best served chilled. Clinging to a hillside in the charming village of Deià, the hotel offers unrivalled views over the Tramuntana Mountains and the sparkling waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
Light refurbishments every year.
Date added extensions
In 2017, a new wing was added for the construction of new junior suites
Main strengths, special touch
• Complimentary shuttle to beautiful Cala Deià, just 20 minutes away.
• Café Miró where art lovers can admire a unique collection of original Joan Miró paintings
• Signature experiences including art classes and walk and talk tours through local artists’ ateliers
• Presidential suites with private pools
• The award-winning Spa with indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, gym and six treatment rooms
• Complimentary boat excursions to explore the Mallorcan Coast, available during summer months
• Two tennis courts and resident tennis coach
• Smile Cub, to entertain younger guests with a range of fun activities
• Private olive grove from where the hotel’s olive oil is produced
La Residencia, A Belmond Hotel, Mallorca is situated in the charming coastal and mountain village of Deià, Mallorca, a favourite haven among artists and writers. The hotel is a relaxing enclave away from the stresses of city life, enjoying spectacular views of both mountains and sea. The Palma international airport is located approximately 50 km (45-minute drive) from the hotel.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Walk and Talk tour to the artists workshops in Deiá
• Art adventure at Sa Bassa Blanca, a whimsical estate on the northern coast of Mallorca
• Hiking and cycling in the Tramuntana Mountains, UNESCO heritage site.
• First light walks in partnership with Leica Sport Optics.
• Visit to a local 15th-century winery in the company of its owners.
• Art classes under the guidance of our resident experts, from painting to sculpting.
• Guests can enjoy a fun Donkey Trail with picnic through the hotel’s own olive grove together with our beloved resident donkeys.
• Promenade lovers can stroll along a mountain pathway that pays homage to great literary figures, such as Robert Graves and Federico García Lorca.
• Dedicated Kids’ Club with qualified supervisor. Babysitting service available on request.
• Dedicated Spa treatments for children in the Wellness Centre (with supplement). Kids’ tennis once a week during summer.
Choose from 70 elegant rooms and suites, located in four different buildings, and one private villa. Son Canals and Son Moragues are in front of the main garden, Son Fony has a pool view, while the Tramuntana building is on the hilltop, affording total privacy and spectacular views of the mountains. All rooms and suites are exquisitely decorated with Mallorcan antiques and local works of art and exude individual charm and character.
• Designer Suite by Matthew Williamson
• Presidential Suites
• Tower Suites
• Exclusive Suites
• Deluxe Suites
• Executive Junior Suites
• Deluxe Junior Suites
• Superior Junior Suites
• Deluxe Double Rooms
• Superior Double Rooms
• Classic Double Rooms
All accommodation includes: Air conditioning – 24-hour room service – Tea facilities – Complimentary WiFi – Twice-daily housekeeping service – Satellite TV – Luxury bathroom amenities – Nespresso machine in all Junior Suites, Suites and the Villa.
Restaurants & bars
El Olivo Restaurant – Set in a 17th-century olive mill, our fine-dining restaurant boasts one of the most beautiful settings on the island. Indulge in the mouthwatering Mediterranean cuisine of Chef Guillermo Méndez and select sumptuous wines from our award-winning list.
Cafè Mirò – Art lovers will be captivated by the unique collection of original Joan Miró paintings in our café, which is open for hot and cold drinks, afternoon tea, cocktails and tasty specialities such as tapas and other delicious local dishes.
Pool Restaurant – Take a seat by the pool to savour Mediterranean delicacies, oven-baked pizzas, crunchy salads and tasty rice dishes.
Son Fony – Enjoy an inviting buffet breakfast overlooking the pool. Sample our own homemade preserves, freshly baked breads and eggs to order
Guests can enjoy a range of exclusive treatments at the hotel’s award-winning spa, which boasts: indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, gym, six treatments rooms of which three have terraces for open-air massages. The use of the pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and gym is complimentary for all guests.
Corporate and celebration events
The charming village of Deià, set between the Tramuntana Mountains and the Mediterranean, offers the perfect setting for any event. Our function rooms are distinctive in character. Each offers an impressive setting whether you’re hosting a glamorous wedding or an important business meeting.
Extra notable features
Café Miró is decorated with a collection of 33 original Miró paintings that can be admired while sipping an afternoon tea or a cocktail.
La Residencia, A Belmond Hotel, Mallorca is also home to one of Spain’s largest permanent sculpture gardens where an expansive range of works of art by local artists are exhibited. The ever-growing display includes pieces by established international sculptors as well as up-and-coming makers. Moreover, a permanent collection of paintings by local artists decorates the entire property.
Hotel and restaurant(s) Awards
Condé Nast Traveler, Top 15 Hotels in Spain & Portugal: Readers’ Choice Awards
Travelmyth Award, Top 20 Hotels in Mallorca
Departure Magazine, Best Pool Award
Wine Spectator, Best of Award of Excellence
Elite Traveler, Top 100 Hotels of the World
Number of employees
Up to 160