La Zambra, part of the Unbound Collection by Hyatt
La Zambra, part of the Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Avenida Louison Bobet, 9
29650 Urbanización Mijas Golf, Mijas,
Marbella – Andalusia Spain
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager:
Aeronautical engineer by profession, hotel manager by vocation. Born in holland, joost kruissen’s career has unfolded within various contrasting landscapes. From the canary islands, with a sojourn in mexico, to formentera he decided to settle in malaga. Passionate about his work, he is fortunate enough to be doing what he loves in the place that he has chosen.
5-star Luxury resort.
La Zambra is the reborn of an Andalusian icon and is meant to become a reference once again for luxury, elegance, and refinement in La Costa del Sol.
History & Story
In May 1986, French investor Jean Veyssade Guy opened the Byblos hotel, which became one of the most famous destinations in Costa del Sol back in the 80’s & 90’s. The hotel was the culmination of a life devoted to luxury, glamour and hospitality, and during its golden age, the hotel welcomed a multitude of personalities and members of royalty. Those days are long gone but what made and makes this place so unique and sought after has endured and still beckons. Today, La Zambra is a place tucked away from the teeming crowds of Marbella. A secluded hideout for those who want to disconnect and be whoever they want to be. For those ready and eager to discover those hidden but not-yet-forgotten stories and create some of their own. Driven by the free spirit of a dance that gives it its name, La Zambra is the new favourite place for the discerning guest. For those looking for a place to unwind and let their hedonistic souls find a new home. Where luxury is reinterpreted, rooted in the authenticity of the Spanish culture and Andalusian heritage.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Fully refurbished lifestyle resort with modern and contemporary Andalusian with history and soul. Surrounded by golf courses and ideally located between Málaga and Marbella. Wide range of gastronomic offers combined with the latest wellness technology and state-of-the-art rooms and suites. Plenty of activities in the area for those who want to combine cultural escape with a relaxed experience.
A penthouse suite with a private swimming pool and wine cellar.
2,500 square-meters spa. Largest spa in the entire Costa del Sol.
Mijas Golf /Costa del Sol/Málaga.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Málaga old town
• Mijas old town village
• Sierra de las Nieves
• Fuente de la Piedra Laguna
• Caminito del Rey experience
• Mediterranean coastline
• The Rolling stones used a laundry truck to escape from the paparazzi.
• The Rolling stones cashed out sums to close the golf course to prevent any groans from lawn mowers.
Inspiring spaces for children to fully enjoy their holidays through a dynamic and engaging programme. The Baby Club will be exclusively for infants between 6 months and 3 years old, while the Kids Club welcomes children between 4 and 9 years old. It has indoor and outdoor areas, an orchard, controlled access and a highly trained and certified team of professionals.
Three swimming pools with family and adults-only areas.
Number of suites: 82
Junior Suite Garden View
Junior Suite Golf View
La Zambra Suite
Number of Luxury rooms: 115
King bed Deluxe
King Garden View with Terrace
King Golf View with Terrace
Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 197
All rooms feature state-of-the art technology and commodities
Restaurants & Bars
• Palmito A completely different proposal for every moment of the day. Classic Mediterranean favourites and modern touches for lunch. In the evening, the distinctive flavours and aromas of an authentic brasserie to enjoy in an intimate and confident ambience.
• Picador A respite from the ordinary, a distinctive Andalusian flair and a vibrant atmosphere, a perfect setting to reunite with loved ones. Picador is a neo-taverna with a bold spirit in the heart of Costa del Sol.
• Bamboleo: The perfect meeting spot to enjoy the unmissable sunsets with a cocktail in hand, inspired by the great personalities who have passed through this very place, or to enjoy a light snack at any time of the day.
• La Bartola: A place where we honour spontaneity and the essence of the authentic chiringuito of Andalusia, to enjoy a poolside snack or a relaxed lunch.
Mood spa is the largest spa on the Costa del Sol, a 2.500 m2 (21,528 sq ft) sanctuary that includes 12 cabins for treatments, jacuzzis, Turkish baths, saunas, ice fountain and relaxation area. In addition, the spa has a 15-metre heated indoor swimming pool and inner courtyard.
• Yoga & Pilates space full of natural light
• Fitness facilities open 24/7, with indoor and outdoor spaces for a complete workout. Equipped with the latest Technogym equipment.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Fandango & Buleria ballroom up to 180 pax ideal for corporate events and celebrations
• Solea & Alegria breakouts up to 20 pax ideal for corporate events
• La Bartola up to 120 pax ideal for celebrations
• Bamboleo up to 120 pax ideal for celebrations
Extra notable feature
• Direct access to two world-class golf courses, Los Olivos and Los Lagos. More than a dozen golf courses in Mijas area and 74 along Costa del Sol.
• Yoga & Pilates sessions
• Wellness Centre
• Tennis & paddle courts
• 3 swimming pools
• In-house tastings: olive oil, Spanish wines, Sherry wines and sparkling wines
• Live music and entertainment
Number of employees