Le Château de Berne France
Le Château de Berne
Chemin des Imberts – 83780 Flayosc – France
MDCV en Provence
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Nouredine FARDAD
• Five – Star Luxury Resort and Vineyard
• Relais & Châteaux & Virtuoso
Striving to promote local « Savoir-faire » in a spirit of sustainably committed luxury, the group currently employs 250 staff, spanning 30 different trades across its four estates : Château de Berne / Château Saint Roux / Ultimate Provence / Château des Bertrands.
Each estate curates a distinctive style, expressing the terroir in its own way while staying true to authenticity, elegance and respect for the natural environment.
Le Château de Berne
History & Story
Le Château de Berne is an emblematic luxury resort in the heart of the Provence, tucked away from the agitation of the Saint-Tropez coast. The property is well-known for its famous vineyard and characteristic square wine bottles. 690 hectares of vines surround the property and offer a peaceful and sensorial stay to our guests. This Relais & Châteaux property is a unique experience to live the French Art de vivre through its symbolic castle, its 4 villas, the 800m² Spa or the Michelin Starred Gourmet Restaurant.
Château de Berne hosts a vast array of activities, including many that highlight wine-tasting and wine tourism, and a number of events that punctuate the seasons in this magical place.
Previous renovations – 2015 to 2017
• Cinq Mondes Spa creation
• 3 additional bedrooms and continuous renovation of existing rooms until
• Renovation of the Gourmet Restaurant
• Creation of the culinary school
• Creation of the ballrooms and meetings rooms
Date added extensions
New projects over 2021-2022:
• 3 additionnal private villas
• Creation of new hiking paths totalling 100 km of marked trails within the estate
• Creation of an ephemeral restaurant in the vines
• Renovation of the wine vault
• Renovation of the “Bacchus” ballroom
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Emblematic vineyard in Provence: a luxurious estate in the heart of the nature and vines – 27 rooms exclusively decorated rooms – each room has its own furniture and decor
• Unique experience in an authentic castle to live the French Art de Vivre as a Châtelain (7 additional rooms) – 4 prestigious private villas
• 3 restaurants, including a Michelin Starred Gourmet Restaurant
• 800 m² Cinq Mondes Spa
• 3 swimming pools (2 outdoor and 1 indoor)
• Bio vegetable garden
• Oenological discovery through the vines, the private cellar of the owner and private degustation sessions
• Culinary school
• Facilities with helipad
• Green paradise: more than 100km for hiking & mountain biking
Château de Berne is nestled in the Var hills, between Lorgues and Flayosc in Provence, South of France.
Key sites/activities in the area
• The Verdon Gorges; unrivalled beauty !
• The markets of Provence: colours, scents, bustle…
• Local crafts: a generous way of living
• Nearby villages Lorgues, Flayosc and Thoronet
Château de Berne’s wine bottles are emblematic and easily recognizable thanks to their square shape!
Special kid welcome amenities. One of the three swimming pools is reserved to adults only.
Number of rooms in all: 34 in total (mix between 27 hotel rooms and 7 castle rooms)
10 x classic: 25 to 30m² facing vines, garden or the castle
11 x deluxe: 30 to 35m² facing vines or forest – get balcony or terrace
8 x junior suite: 35 to 45m² facing vines or forest – get a living room, balcony or terrace
1 x grande suite: 55m² facing forest and castle – get a living room, large terrace
3 x familial: 60m² facing swimming pool and forest – get 2 separate rooms
1 x suite prestige: 70m² facing vines and forest – large living room, large terrace and balcony
Each room is fully equipped with:
• Complimentary wiFi
• TV (large mirror when not used)
• Nespresso and tea amenities
• Welcome food and beverage amenities
• Cinq Mondes bathroom and in room welcome amenities
Restaurants & Bars
• « Le Jardin de Berne » Gourmet Restaurant – 1 Michelin Star – and Green star – Executive Chef is Louis Rameau – courses cooked with local products from our vegetable garden.
• « La terrasse » Summer Restaurant in extension to the Gourmet Restaurant from May to October. Executive chef Louis Rameau.
• Le « Bistrot » awarded by the Bib Gourmand Michelin, friendly atmosphere serving a fresh regional cuisine inspired by classic french dishes. Chef Matthieu Wanlin
• To relax : 1 bar, 1 vintage library, several relaxing terraces and gardens, 1 zen garden (Japanese inspiration)
Cinq Mondes Spa – 800sqm²
• 6 treatment rooms
• 1 beauty center
• 1 lounge area after treatment
• Sauna – hammam – 2 jacuzzis
• Inside temperature controlled swimming pool with large outside terrace facing the vines
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Ballroom n°1: “Jardin du Jasmin”: 288m² – up to 180 guests – wedding, ceremony, meeting, catering
• Ballroom n°2: “Bacchus”: 230m² – up to 150 guests – meeting, catering, party
• “Stage on the water”: 115m² – up to 200 guests – ceremony, product launch, concert
• Meeting room n°1: “Salle des Portraits”- 66m² – up to 35 guests
• Meeting room n°2: “Salle des Vignes” – 37m² – up to 14 guests
• Pleiad of outside spaces as terraces, gardens, vegetable garden, vines, chapel, forest, for outside cocktails – The estate also count the private castle multiplying the event places for exclusive and prestigious events.
Extra Notable Features
• Culinary school
• Oenology experience
• Wine cellar, degustation and tours in the vineyard
• Two “Table du Chef” for exclusive gourmet experience
• Bio vegetable garden
• More than 100km of hiking and biking path (6 hiking paths – 4 biking paths)
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Michelin Green Star – 2021
• Wine Tourism Trophy (catering category) – 2021
• « Accueil vélo” label – 2021 (in progress)
• « Qualité tourisme” label – 2021 (in progress)
Number of employees