Built in 1887 by the sea, this old mansion takes its name from the limestone rocks that line the coast from Cassis to Marseille. It was only in the early 1920s that the property was transformed into a hotel and opened to the public. Winston Churchill, and later Edith Piaf, stayed there. During the 20th century, the hotel was remodelled and enlarged several times. At its height, Cassis was a secret destination for the people of Marseille. On Sundays, the movers and shakers of the Mediterranean metropolis would indulge in a bouillabaisse stew to recover from the winding road of the Col de la Gineste, which separates the city from the village.
Fully renovated in 2018 – Last renovation 2021 + Villa Cala Bianca and Expansion of the hotel (9 suites)
Architect: Monika Kappel
Main Strengths, Special Touch
“Qu’a vist Paris e noun Cassis a ren vist,” wrote poet Frédéric Mistral.
“Whoever has seen Paris but not Cassis has seen nothing.” The trawlers and fishing boats in the small, Provençal port sail between two enormous natural monuments: the renowned calanques and the Cap Canaille, an ocher wall overlooking the Mediterranean Sea at 1,300 feet tall.
• Boat day trip in Les Calanques
• Nautical activities from the property
• Stroll in Les Calanques or Cassis village
• Sisley Spa relaxing time at the property (…)
• Wine Tasting tours
Perched above the sea in Cassis, the Hôtel Les Roches Blanches (the White Rock Hotel) takes its name from the limestone cliffs that characterize the Mediterranean coast.
This old mansion built in 1887 is now a hotspot for travellers and Art Deco enthusiasts.
20mn drive from Marseille, 40mn from Aix en Provence and 1h30 from Saint Tropez…
Introduced by the Greeks, vin de Cassis was the first wine in Gaul. The appellation now includes around a dozen vineyards, all of which are organic. At La Dona Tigana, you might be lucky enough to meet the owner, former international soccer player Jean Tigana. If you do, he will explain how he now enjoys playing rugby with his neighbor, Dimitri Droisneau, the triple Michelinstar chef at the Villa Madie.
• 45 rooms & suites
• 3 Classic Room /10 Deluxe Room / 4 Deluxe Sea Room / 11 Executive Room
• 8 Junior Sea Suite / 3 Junior Terrace Suite
• 2 Calanques Suite / 1 Canaille Suite / 1 Winston Suite / 1 Edith Suite / 1 Duplex Suite
Restaurant and bars
• Les Belles Canailles (refined table)
• Rocco (Mediterranean cuisine and dishes to share with live music during the week end)
• Loup Bar (raw food)
• Petanque area (for events/cocktail)
2 swimming pool in the hotel : Heated infinity pool + historic pool
Sisley Spa including:
• Front sea view cabins
• Hammam and relaxation area
Corporate & Celebrations events
• Possibility to privatize all spaces
• Capacity up to 150 pax maximum for dinner and cocktails
Extra Notables Features
Our Concierge Clefs d’Or Team offers different extra services as activities in Cassis and the vicinity and transfers