Originally the Hotel was made up of two separate Hotels: the Hotel Angleterre, later called Londres, dating back in 1865 and the Beau Rivage, built in 1865. The two buildings were joined together in 1900.
In 1877 the Russian composer Piotr Illitch Tchaikovsky stayed at the Hotel and composed the first three movements of n°4 Symphony. Other famous guests include Gabriele D’Annunzio, Jorge Luis Borges and Iosif Brodskij.
2009 : Hall, restaurant, Bar.
2010,2011,2012,2013,2014 & 2015: Rooms. Designers: Ruberti & Cutillo
Winter 2016-2017-2018-2019 : refurbishment of bathrooms and rooms
Main Strengths, Special Touch
100 windows on the Lagoon, beautiful views, personalized service.
In the heart of Venice, a few steps from St. Mark’s Square and other famous spots.
Key sites/activities in the area
Sightseeing, cultural tours.
Children are welcome. Our Concierge will be pleased to suggest nice activities such as making masks, visit a glass factory, sightseeing with dedicated city guide.
Baby sitting on request.
• 20 classic double rooms, with City view
• 17 deluxe double rooms with lagoon view
• 15 Junior Suites with lagoon view
• 1 Suite with lagoon and City view
• All our rooms are no-smoking
• Amenities in the rooms:
• Marble bathroom, luxury toiletries, Bathrobe, slippers, hairdryer, Down comforter, Mini-bar, Safe, Sky Tv, Lcd television, Turn-down service,
• Hotel features: Complimentary Wifi and newspapers, 24 hour front desk, laundry and dry cleaning service.
• Altana (rooftop terrace) with breathtaking 360° view.
Restaurants & Bars
• Do Leoni
With veranda on the Riva degli Schiavoni.
Our Chef, Loris Indri, espouses Venitian traditions with the most innovative and traditional tastes.
Featuring a veranda on the Riva degli Schiavoni: an ideal place to relax and enjoy our cocktails
• BISTROT 4172
Ideal place to enjoy a snack or a light lunch with view and veranda on the lagoon.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Festa del Redentore (Redemeer’s day) in July: special dinner and unforgettable fireworks
Extra Notable Features
• International Film Festival
• Art & Architecture Biennale
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Travel & Leisure – Best Hotels in the World, ranked # 8 among «Ten European Best Small City Hotels, # 2 in Venice 2014.
• Condé Nast Traveler, Gold List & Platinum Circle World’s Best Places to Stay ranked #12 as «One of the Best Italian Hotels», # 1 in Venice 2014
• Conde Nast Best in the World. Ranked # 17 among 40 Top Italian Hotels.