Maison Albar Hotels L’imperator France
Maison Albar Hotels L’Imperator
15 Rue Gaston Boissier 30900 Nîmes, France
Centaurus Hospitality Management
Date of Creation
Hotel reopening after complete renovation : Summer 2019
Hotel General Manager
After the Savoie Leman hotel school in Thonon-les-Bains, ten years in London, in the elegant Chelsea district, at Gordon Ramsay Restaurant, whose three Michelin-starred restaurant is one of the best in the world. Six years in Cannes then, at the Palme d’Or, 2 Michelin stars, the restaurant of the famous hotel Martinez, with a real look at the luxury establishment, with the very creative Christian Willer. In 2011 he is recruited to be General Manager of the Hotel Imperator.
5 star property affiliated to LHW
MAISON ALBAR HOTELS L’IMPERATOR
History & Story
Built by the prestigious Compagnie des Wagons-Lits and opened in 1929, the hotel Imperator reflects the 19th spirit with its architecture and decoration. Art Deco style, the Imperator was born in the « Roaring Twenties » and has since preserved a unique artistic and festive soul.
In 80 years, the hotel has established itself as a popular holiday resort for personalities such as Pablo Picasso, Ernest Hemingway, Ava Garner. Totally renovated the Hotel opened June 1st 2019.
The Hotel closed for renovation in October 2017. The Architect Marcelo Joulia work with the regions’ best artisans have taken an oath at the feet of the hundred-year-old ginkgoes of the city’s largest private garden. The preserved art deco spirit will highlight the ceramic, straw and iron. The patina of time will intuitively blend with the latest technology.
Date added extensions
During the renovation we have created 8 apartments in the garden.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• In the city center of Nîmes, 5 minutes’ walk of the Roman Antiquities
• Duende ; 1 Michelin star restautant by Chef Pierre Gagnaire
• 53 rooms & Suite and 8 private apartments from 62 sqm to 165 sqm
• Beautiful garden of 1000sqm with a Cloitre and outside swimming pool
• Spa by Codage with inside swimming pool, hammam and fitness room
Located in the heart of Nîmes, the French Rome, just steps away from the Maison Carrée and Jardin de la Fontaine. The hotel is only 40 minutes from Avignon, sea and beaches and Camargue.
Key sites/activities in the area
In Nîmes :
• Maison Carrée
• Musée de la Romanité
Easy access from Nîmes:
• Camargue and its salt lakes
• Provence and its lavender fields
Among the illustrious clients who stayed at L’Imperator since 1930, the most famous remains the writer Ernest Hemingway, who wrote part of the novel « Garden of Eden » in which he quotes the hotel and the city of Nîmes.
Actress Ava Gardner also had her quarters there. Legend has it that she met her lover son Luis Miguel Dominguin there as she walked through the kitchen entrance to escape the tabloid press.
The Kids Club of the Imperator welcomes children from 4 to 12 years old in a 30m² play area, designed exclusively for their awakening and their amusement. Each week, we offer a schedule of activities both creative and cultural activities. This meeting place is the promise of real moments of of sharing and conviviality. (Escape Game, cooking lessons, treasure hunt).
• Number of suites & Luxury rooms: 1 Suite of 57 sqm, Street view, 8 private appartments from 62 sqm to 165 sqm :
– 1 of 62 sqm (1 bedroom, loft with view)
– 2 of 100 sqm (2 bedrooms, private terrace)
– 1 of 100 sqm (2 bedrooms, terrace with garden view)
– 1 of 120 sqm (2 bedrooms, terrace with garden view)
– 1 of 135 sqm (3 bedrooms, private garden)
– 1of 150 sqm (3 bedrooms, large living room)
– 1 of 165 sqm (4 bedrooms, large living room)
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 61 rooms & suite (53 rooms, 7 appartments and 1 loft)
Superior (21 sqm/ Street or Courtyard view), Deluxe (23 sqm / Street or Garden view), Executive room (26 sqm/ Street or Courtyard view) and Junior Suite (30sqm / Street or Courtyard view, with a balcony), bathrobe, slipper, Nespresso machine, Codage amenities
Restaurants & Bars
This is a must-visit address in southern France’s gastronomic landscape. Here, guests enjoy exceptional cuisine by Pierre Gagnaire, one of France’s most emblematic chefs who offers to L’Imperator’s guests a creative, atypical and gourmet cuisine where the contrast of flavors is highlighted. He uses his culinary skills to create menus for 3 unique places:
• 1 Michelin star Restaurant Duende: A mysterious and unspeakable charm! In the Hispanic tradition, Duende is an enigmatic and indefinable suspended moment, resulting in enchantment and unreal perfection. It is to pay tribute to this Iberian heritage that Pierre Gagnaire invites you on a bewitching and timeless culinary journey. Each plate is infused with grace and harmony with extra soul. Duende’s meticulous menu takes you on a journey of flavours and sensations led by unique French know-how.
• Brasserie L’Impé: Between Provence and Camargue ! This brasserie, with its sunny colours, offers you the best of southern French cuisine. The Chef enhances local products and offers a simple, generous menu with Mediterranean accents. The decor and view over the garden instantly create a holiday home atmosphere, where you can relax from breakfast to dinner in the shade of the sublime Ginkgo Biloba.
• Bar Hemingway: This redesigned bar bears the name of the author who loved to write there. The scenery has changed but the spirit has remained intact. In a subdued atmosphere facing the garden, enjoy a drink or signature cocktail and tapas with your friends, partner or family.
• Codage spa of 300 sqm, indoor pool, outdoor pool, hammam, jaccuzi, fitness room
Corporate & Celebration Events
6 meeting rooms with natural daylight.
La Maison Carrée located in the garden and its beautiful view can accommodate up to 100 people in cocktail and 70 in banquet style. 5 meeting room from 22 sqm to 35 sqm. All the meeting rooms are equipped with videoprojector, screen, flipchart, notepads, pen and mineral water.
Extra Notable Features
• Uzes Truffle-field visit
• Escape game in Les Arenes
• Downstream trips in kayak on Gardon river
• Wine tasting
• Camargue evening in a Manade (ranch)
Hotel and restaurant Awards
1 star Michelin for Duende Restaurant
Number of employees