Martinhal Sagres Beach Family Resort Portugal
Martinhal Sagres Beach Family Resort
Quinta do Martinhal, Lote 95
Algarve – Portugal
Martinhal Family Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager:
Hotel Manager Martinhal Cascais in 2022, Portugal
Hotel Manager Pestana Group 2021-2022, Portugal
The Westin Doha Hotel and Spa for 4 years – Hotel Manager (Director Of Operations) 2021 to 2022 + Director Of Food
Martinhal Sagres Beach Family Resort
History & Story
The owners of Martinhal, Mrs Chitra and Mr Roman Stern felt the need to have an offer for Family Holidays in Portugal. They have developed the Family Hotel concept at Sagres, where they lived when moving to sunny Portugal. Having children of their own the Sterns turned real the wish of every family who wishes to enjoy relaxed fun holidays! Martinhal Sagres is a 5-star award winning resort located at the beach in the unspoiled Western Algarve. Everything about Martinhal Sagres is designed with families in mind. Stylish and design-orientated, Martinhal Sagres offers families a luxury beach holiday experience with high-class family-friendly accommodation, restaurants, bars, kids and leisure services that put families first.
Consolidate our image in the European Markets and investment in new markets
Every low season (between Nov to Mar) the resort suffers renovations works – public areas: restaurants, spa, swimming pools and accommodation: hotel rooms, houses/ villas – walls, floors, equipment, furniture.
Date Added Extansions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Kids’ entertainment corners in restaurants
• Restaurants with fresh purées for babies from 6 months
• Activities for families together and Kids’ Clubs-Crèche for different ages (from 6 months to teenagers) with suitable activities for each age groups.
• Various baby pools, baby play areas near pools, the Blue Room with Wii’s, a pool table, table tennis and table football, cinema:over 3,300sqm or 37,000sqft to children in play areas crèches, kids clubs.
• Guests have full access to the resort’s wealth of amenities, including tennis and paddle courts, spa and superb food and wines. Wi-fi is free at the resort.
• Baby concierge list and service (service that aloud families to travel light)
• Wonderful location by the Martinhal beach, who named the Hotel Group.
• Located by the Natural Parque Costa Vicentina
• Several white sand beaches in 5-10 minutes’ drive from the resort.
• Activities available: surf, windsurf & bodyboard, diving, trekking, fishing, boat trips, jeep safari, dolphin watching – departures from Sagres harbour or from Lagos city.
1,30 hour drive from Faro Airport and 3hours drive from Lisbon airport /30 minutes drive from Lagos city (nearest city)/5 minutes drive & 30 minutes walk from Sagres village (nearest village)
5 to 7 minutes’ walk to Martinhal Beach
• Number of suites: 2
• Villas: 200
• Number of Luxury rooms: 37
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 237
Martinhal’s Mascotes – Rafi and Rosita – birthday celebration every week with birthday cake and fun dancing! Fun Academies for families!
3 Kids Club and 1 Créche available – from 6months to 13 years old – supervised 3 hours morning/afternoon sessions, children only– activities held according to age ranges.
Supervised Kids Corner in each restaurant
Restaurants & Bars
• 3 Restaurants, based on a philosophy of using authentic Portuguese produce of the highest quality and following time-honoured methods of preparation,
• All restaurants are family friendly, featuring a dedicated children’s play area and special children’s menu that includes a variety of fresh purees for babies. Half board available at a price.
• 2 bars/lounges (“The Pool Hangout” open in high season and “Mbar”)
• 1 take away Josper Grill
• 24 hours room service in hotel rooms; Take away options
• Executive Chef Micael Valentim
1 Spa with 6 treatments rooms/ sauna/ steam room
5 swimming pools (one indoor)
Corporate & Celebrations events
• Private wedding celebrations available in low season in private luxury villa
• Groups accepted in low season
Extra Notables Features
• Club 98 – sports club – 2 tennis courts, 2 glass-sided Padel courts and multi-purpose sports field.
• Water Sports Centre at Martinhal beach – guests can hire equipment for windsurfing, kayaking, stand up paddle.
• Bike Station – Bike tours and bike rentals available
• Other activities on offer include surf & bodyboard, diving, trekking, fishing, boat trips, jeep safari, dolphin watching, yoga, swimming classes.
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
• 2022 Silver Junior Design Awards – juniormagazine.co.uk
• 2021 Gold Junior Design Awards – juniormagazine.co.uk
• 2021 World Travel Awards – Portugal´s Leading Villa Resort
2019 Martinhal Sagres World Travel Awards – Portugal´s Leading Family Resorts
2019 Martinhal Family Hotels & Resorts
• Sit Up – Travel Brand of the year
• Boa cama boa mesa – Chave de prata
• Made for mums – Family Holiday Silver
• Booking.com – Heroes of hospitality
• Loved by parents – Best Family Friendly Accommodation Platinum
• Loved by parents – Best Family Friendly Travel Destination Platinum
• Junior Design Awards – Best Family Travel Brand
2020 World Travel Awards – Portugal´s Leading Villa Resort
Number of Employees