Myconian Kyma Greece
Mykonos Town 84600 P.O Box 64,
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Marios Daktylides
5-star , Member of Design Hotels
MYCONIAN KYMA A MEMBER OF DESIGN HOTELS
History & Story
Kyma is king of the hill, a 5-star haven of luxury hospitality high above Mykonos town yet just a short stroll from the action – the very spot where George Daktylides placed the first stone of the Myconian Collection some 40 years ago. Ever since, this strikingly beautiful and intimate 5-star member of Design Hotels has cultivated a loyal jet-set following that prizes not only the world-famous views of the windmills and Little Venice, but the warmth of its hallmark service, cool ambience and beautiful bones. Neither too trendy nor too traditional, Kyma is a place for true originals. It hits the right note between laid-back luxury and meticulous attention to detail – revealing a world of sublime experiences, lush gardens, panoramic views, private terraces, and art-filled spaces that come alive in contrasts of marble and wood.
Guests absorb slow-motion pleasures in this timeless environment, enhanced by a recent renovation that accessorised its classic chic with a bevy of iconic 1960s design beauties. The pool deck is the heart of the hotel, a brilliant blue gem surrounded by shaded sunbeds, an outdoor lounge and a fabulous bar that lives up to its reputation as a hotspot, by day and night. The restaurant serves up irresistible flavours rooted in Mediterranean cuisine, made from the freshest seasonal produce farmed off family land.
And naturally, the spoiling doesn’t stop there: you will love our double-storeyed structures in the white-washed vernacular, rooms and suites designed with every comfort in mind, some sporting terraces with a private pool or Jacuzzi that almost eclipse the dazzling Aegean view. Here you’ll relax and recharge in the hands of superb therapists in our serene spa, and you can rely on the expert advice of our Guest Relations to make almost anything possible. Kyma is Greek for ‘wave’, and equally the last word in sophisticated, family-friendly hospitality on Mykonos.
Full Renovation in 2016 by the architect Galal Mahmoud
Date added extensions
Full renovation in the entire property, room, reception area, lobby area, restaurant, pool area.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
10 minutes within walking distance from Mykonos Town
Panoramic View of Mykonos Town
Key sites/activities in the area
• Mykonos Town
• Local restaurants
• Local bars
Family friendly (kids 0-3 free of charge) // (kids 4-11 with special charge)
• Number of suites: 15
Ocean Junior Suite with Sea View (36m²)
Nissos Junior Suite with Sea View (40m²)
Paragon Junior Suite With Outdoor Jacuzzi (40m²)
Sunset Junior Suite with Sea View and Outdoor Jacuzzi (35m²)
Mediterranean One bedroom Suite with Saperate Living Room, Sea View and 2 private infinity Pools (80m²)
• Number of Luxury rooms: 14
Horizon Superior Room with Sea View and Private Pool (28m²)
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 45
Apollon Deluxe double room with Garden View (26m²)
ARTEMIS Deluxe double room with Side Sea View (26m²)
Aegean Deluxe Double Room with Sea View and Outdoor Jacuzzi (26m²)
Sunrise Deluxe Double Room with Pool View (36m²)
Restaurants & Bars
• NOA GREEK RESTAURANT//
NOA combines culinary heritage and contemporary innovation to create haute cuisine, with rich Mediterranean flavours and appetising aromas that come into their own with the finest farm-to-table ingredients, grown, reared or fished exclusively for Kyma and meticulously selected by our executive chef. Expect an exciting journey of Mediterranean gastronomy with traditional Greek mezethes like fried squid calamari, fava beans with octopus, lentil salad, moussaka, pasticcio or dolmades – all tasting as if they came out of our grandmother’s kitchen, but with an haute cuisine attitude.
Chef: PANAGIOTIS TSOUKATOS, OUR EXECUTIVE CHEF //
• GEORGE’S BAR //
Notoriously hip yet surprisingly unpretentious, it has attracted loyal patrons from dusk till dawn since the ‘80s.
• Pool Deck : a terrace at the crest of the hill, with 360-degree views of the island, Mykonos town and the Aegean. The infinity pool is a sparkling aquamarine gem set over two separate levels, surrounded by shaded sun loungers with navy-blue highlights. Attentive at all hours of the day, pool side bar George’s Bar serves the coolest refreshments and light lunches by day, as well as fine aperitifs and pre-dinner nibbles.
• Satory Spa : The superb facility includes five heated thalassotherapy pools, that draw on the cleansing and curative properties of seawater praised since Greek antiquity, and are complemented by essential oils and hydro-massage. Give yourself over to treatments that shrug off the last remnants of fatigue carried over from your daily life. Enjoy a traditional massage to detox and boost your circulation, or experience the very latest treatments, tailored to your needs by expert therapists using products on the cutting edge of beauty treatments.
• Gym : Our gym room, open from 9am to 9pm, is equipped with the latest in training and exercise systems which will allow for a good workout.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Booking.com // Traveller Review Hotel 2018
Number of employees