Octant Furnas Portugal
Avenida Dr. Manuel de Arriaga –
São Miguel 9675-022,
Discovery Hotel Managment
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Manuel Goes – itw as GM of My Story Hotels, Portugal / GM Montebelo Hotels, Mozambique / GM of WK Hotels, Luanda – Angola
4 Star Boutique
We in Discovery Hotel Management have two hotels in Azores, São Miguel island. Our focus is the high-end Market, so that’s the reason that we invest a significant amount in promotion our hotels overseas in the luxury market.
History & Story
The Azores archipelago, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Portugal, is one of the last truly untouched places in Europe, with nine pristine volcanic islands, vast verdant canopies with every type of flora and fauna imaginable, thermal water springs, lagoons, and prismatic marine life. São Miguel, the largest and lushest of these islands, is now home to the Octant Furnas, Thermal & Spa, which affords its guests every opportunity to explore the island’s many wonders. Celebrated Portuguese designer Nini Andrade Silva works her magic in the hotel’s nature-inspired interiors with whimsical touches.
2019 – All Rooms
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The lobby market is the soul of the hotel with a reception, lounge, restaurant, and grocery store where local products are highlighted. Guests can avail themselves of a full wellness program at the hotel’s thermal and spa center.
Endless spectacular green vistas here are punctuated by a volcanic complex of geothermal springs and three caldera lakes, including the bucket-list-worthy Lagoa do Fogo. If you’ve ever wondered what European forests looked like before the Ice Age, São Miguel is it. Millennia-old cycads and ginkgo trees abound in places such as the Terra Nostra Botanical Garden, where a muddy brown thermal pool will dye your toenails orange thanks to it rich iron content.
Key sites/activities in the area
The range of activities to choose from are dizzying, such as whale watching, hiking, scuba diving, and visiting the hot water springs to name just a few.
Alsowe have a experience manager that can help all the traveladvisors to creat unique and taylor made experiences to their guests
• Number of suites: 1
• The 54 rooms and suite at Furnas Boutique Hotel are meditative coves in white and brown, symbolizing the Azorean volcanic vapours and the earth. Black and white landscape wallpaper and salvaged wood furniture connect guests to nature, which is showcased by large floor-to-ceiling windows. In the spacious marble bathrooms, indulgent bath products by Molton Brown give guests a bit of the spa experience in their own rooms. The tempting minibar also features highlights such as local juices. Thoughtful details such as American and European outlets ensure international travellers are well taken care of
Restaurants & Bars
• À Terra Restaurant
Chefe Claudio Pontes is a recognised chef both locally and internationally. Specialised in our local products, Claudio is always developing new original recipies and very often organizes gastronomic events in the Azores inviting top Michelin star Chefs.
À Terra menu reflects all this commitment to the Azores, Portugal, and the World.
The best of the art of cookery, the sea and countryside flavors, the pleasure of food. With originality and irreverence!In an authentic harmony between the most traditional recipes and our creative combinations.
• Spa and thermal springs with iron water at 59º
• Outdoor thermal swimming pool • Indoor thermal swimmingpool
• Active thermal circuit
• Massages • Body and face treatments
• Reflexology • Scrubs • « Floatbed » • Vichy shower and whirlpool • Sauna and turkish bath • Fitness center • Pedicure • Manicure
Info: Children and young people up to 14 years old can attend our swimming pools daily between 9am and 1pm.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• One meeting room with 65 Sqm with a unique boardroom up to 20 pax
Extra Notable Features
• We are just 10 minutes walking to Férrialake and 10 minutes driving to Golf Courses.
• All ourexperiences are available on thislink :
Number of employees