Palácio Estoril Hotel Golf & Spa Portugal
Palácio Estoril Hotel Golf & Spa
Rua Particular, 2769-504 Estoril,
SLH – Small Luxury Hotels of the World
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Francisco Corrêa de Barros – GM since 2006, Assistant General Manager between 1994 and 2006, Food & Beverage Manager between 1983 and 1994. Vice President of the Portuguese Chapter of EHMA, European Hotel Managers Association.
Luxury – member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
Since its latest refurbishment, finished in 2013, the Palácio has positioned itself again as one of the leading deluxe hotels in the lisbon region. It has added a state of the art Spa and Wellness Centre and entered the segment of health and wellbeing tourism. Golf is also one big market segment in the hotel.
PALÀCIO ESTORIL HOTEL GOLF & SPA
History & Story
Palácio Estoril is a historical Portuguese institution located on the Atlantic coast and is one of the most emblematic European hotels. The hotel, built in 1930, and the sleepy seaside town of Estoril on the Portuguese Riviera (just a 25-minute drive from Lisbon) was dubbed the ‘Coast of Kings’ as many royal families, aristocracy and high European bourgeoisie society took up residence to escape the conflict of World War II. The hotel was a second home of the Spanish, Italian, French, Bulgarian and Romanian royal families, along with other Heads of State, Emperors, and acclaimed novelists, artists and actors, and continues to welcome well-heeled guests to this day. Palacio Estoril’s bar was also the haunt of British and German spies, and its neighbouring casino, widely regarded as Europe’s largest casino, was said to have inspired Ian Flemming’s James Bond novel Casino Royale. Due to its stories of espionage, the hotel also served as the set for James Bond film ‘On Her Majesty’s Secret Service’.
Palacio Estoril with its classic and timeless decor has continued its legacy into the modern era with its adjacent medi spa. The Estoril Wellness Centre is comprised of expert therapists and medical practitioners, dedicated to providing a fully-integrated, 360 approach to physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. Due to its Mediterranean microclimate and marine environment, the area is widely known for its therapeutic purposes for both physical and mental well-being. Many other minerals that are essential to the body are found naturally in the air.
2008 through 2013 totally refurbished. An investement of 10 million euros, plus 20 millions Euros on the new Spa and Wellness Centre.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Location – Across the street from the Estoril beach and the Casino Estoril, 20 minutes from downtown Lisbon and 30 minutes from Lisbon International Airport. History and Glamour – 90 years of history and art of receiving clients. The Hotel offers the glamour of a European Palace Hotel with all the modern technology and equipment. Service – The Hotel is known for its out standing levels of service. 50% of the staff have been working at the Hotel for more than 25 years.
Great location – In the centre of Estoril across the street from the sea, the Casino Estoril, 5 minutes from Cascais centre, 20 minutes from Lisbn centre and 30 minutes from Lisbon airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Estoril Beach – across the street form the hotel.
• Cascais – a former fishermans village, now one the main touristic villages in the Lisbon region.
• Sintra – A world Heritage Village from the 15th century – 15 minutes away.
• Museum and monumental quarter of Lisbon – 20 minutes away
The Palácio is the real James Bond Hotel. It was here than Ian Fleming inspired himself to write the first 007 novel (Casino Royale) in 1953. The Hotel was also chosen to be part of the 007 film, On Her Majesty’s Secret Services, with George Lazenby, in 1969.
The Hotel has a Kids Club opened during the months of July and August.
Total of 156 rooms
• 10 Executive Suites measure 38 to 43 square metres. Large bedroom with exquisitely embroidered queen or king size bed. Elegant, luxury decor with rich fabrics. Separate sitting room with sofa and armchairs. Most suites have balconies and outstanding views over the Hotel gardens and Estoril.
• 12 Garden Duplex Suites – with 45 square metre bedroom on the first floor and sitting room on the ground floor. The duplex suites have a more contemporary decor. These suites are ideal for families, offering the ideal ambience for any time of day, with the family or for work. The sunny terraces overlooking the garden and pool.
• 5 Palacio Deluxe Suites – with to 65 square metres. Large bedroom with exquisitely embroidered king size bed. Furnished with elegant luxury fabrics. Large sitting room with sofa, armchairs and coffee table. Marble bathroom with separate bath and shower. Fine views over the gardens of Estoril. These suites have been christened with the names of distinguished guests who have honoured us with their presence: Her Royal Highness Queen Victoria Eugenie of Spain, Their Royal Highnesses the Count and Countess of Barcelona, H.M. King Leopold of Belgium, HM Queen Ingrid of Denmark, HM Queen Frederica of Greece.
• 10 Superior Deluxe rooms located on the top floor of the Hotel, with balcony and magnificent views over the Hotel gardens, Estoril and Cascais Bay. Elegant, luxury decor with contemporary touches, extremely welcoming. Furnished with twin, queen or king size beds. Rooms measure between 25 and 35 square metres. Marble bathrooms with separate bath and shower.
Restaurants & Bars
• Bougainvillea Terrace – overlooking the garden and pool, all the comfort you could wish for in a space decorated in a cool and chic style where you can enjoy a meal or simply have a drink while listening to music. Opened from 9 :00 AM to 11 :00PM.
• The Four Seasons Grill Restaurant is noted for its elegant, sophisticated ambience. In an elegant space with seating for 90 diners on two floors, the ground-floor and mezzanine, our Chef offers a tempting and varied choice of Portuguese and international dishes. Opening hours: From 7.30pm to 11pm.
• Bar Estoril – The Estoril Bar is the ideal place to rest, while having a drink and enjoying the magnificent view of the beautiful terraces and gardens of the Hotel. Famous for being the espionage site of choice for Spies during World War II, the most expensive champagne was requested here. Hence, it was known, even before news agencies, on which side the victory of a battle belonged to. It was here that Agent 007, James Bond was born by the inspiration of Ian Flemming who wrote the book “Casino Royal” in 1953.
18 Medical treatment rooms; 200m2 gym; Spa Facilities: 12 Spa treatment rooms; dynamic indoor pool with the hydro Banyan circuit (hammam, sauna, jacuzzi, Turkish bath, jets, sensations shower), hydrotherapy in the therapeutic pool with water temperature of 35ºc, using jets with circuits that alternate to oxygenate the muscles, achieving excellent results in rheumatic and muscular problems and against the effects of accumulated stress.
Group classes: Yoga, Pilates, Localized Gym, Zumba, Dance, Tae Bo, ABS, TRX, Stretching, Barre, Balance, Postural Re-Education, Hydrotherapy, HydroBike, Hydrogymnastics, AquaPilates and FOW.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Featuring a total of 9 exquisite daylight banqueting and meeting rooms, the Palácio is the ideal setting for the widest range of events, be it business or pleasure.
Extra Notable Features
• Only one mile and less than five minutes drive from the Hotel, is the Estoril Golf Course owned by the Hotel Palácio, with 18 + 9 demanding holes. The course has hosted for several times the Portuguese Open and Ladies Open. Playable throughout the year, the Estoril Golf is always in immaculate condition. Comfortable and friendly clubhouse with restaurant and bar.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Palácio Estoril Hotel Golf & Spa – Best for Targeted Healing at the Condé Nast Spa Awards 2019
• Palácio Estoril Hotel Golf & Spa – Best for Meetings at the Condé Nast Spa Awards 2016
Number of employees