Norcia, Umbria, Italy
Via Cesare Battisti
10 06046 Norcia (Pg) – Italy
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Vincenzo and Federico Bianconi. The Bianconi family works in Norcia in the hospitalty since 1850. They are the 4th Generatios of this family and own and manage Palazzo Seneca. Vincenzo Bianconi is also the president of the italian delegation of Relais & Chateaux.
4 star Boutique Hôtel Relais & Châteaux
Create a format to duplicate in other italian city or other country
History & Story
A house in an Umbrian palace: this is the atmosphere you live in in this charming residence of the sixteenth century, that re-opens its doors in Norcia, in the heart of Umbria, after a careful restoring. Fusion of design and tradition, simplicity and quality, this is the secret of this new elegant project promoted and realized by Vincenzo and Federico Bianconi, the last generation of a family who has been offering Hospitality and Foodservice since 1850. The skilled restoration, the research of unique materials and objects, along with the work of the best Umbrian craftsmen, have made Palazzo Seneca a unique destination in its genre The family has handed down the passion for hospitality and foodservice from father to son. The Palazzo Seneca project represents the evolution of 150 years tradition, of studies, experiences and researches carried out throughout Italy and worldwide
Opening June 2008, name of designer: Andrew Lervill Bowen
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• All the property was renovated by the locals hand-crafters • The Guests have to be confident from the first moment inside the property • The philosophy is: At home in an Umbrian Palace • We choose an architect who never did before hotels but special houses • Home atmosphere
Norcia is in Umbria the Sibillini National Park. The town of Norcia, surrounded by still intact walls of the 1300s, is rich of historical-artistic evidence and, in addition Norcia is a gastronomic paradise, rich and refined. Lentils from Castelluccio, balck truffle, cured meats called « Norcinerie ». Substantial parts of Norcia were damaged during the earthquakes of 2016. Reparations are ongoing, but the local community remains in good spirits. The owners of the hotel have made it clear that guests can expect the same warm welcome and service that they could in the past.
Key sites/activities in the area
• City center of Norcia • National Park of Sibillini mountains • Castelluccio • Old railway Norcia – Spoleto trekking and biking road
The chairs we have in the rooms are the same the Cardinals use in the Vatican during their meeting. Made by the same hand-crafter in Umbria. Several of our painted are made by hemp fabric used by the local bakers at the beginning of 1900.
During Christmas, new year, Easter and summer time is available a mini clud with daily programme for child and excursions. Available activities for family and child as cooking class, trekking with donkeys, rafting.
• Romantica rooms: total 5, wifi included, coffer facilities about 18 mt sq. r oom amenities:Alarm clock, Air conditioning, Balcony, Bathrobe, Coffee machine, Telephone with external line, Dogs allowed, Hair dryer, Laundry service, Internet access (WiFi), Mini Bar, Private bathroom & WC, Safe box , Desk, LCD TV , Satellite TV
• Deluxe rooms: total 7 – wifi included, coffer facilities about 22 mt sq – Alarm clock, Bathrobe, Coffee machine, Telephone with external line, Dogs allowed, Hair dryer, Laundry service, Internet access (WiFi), Mini Bar, Private bathroom & WC, Safe box , Desk, LCD TV
• Superior rooms: total 7 – wifi included, coffer facilities about 28 mt sq – Alarm clock, Air conditioning, Bathrobe, Pool towels, Coffee machine, Telephone with external line, Dogs allowed, Hair dryer, Laundry service, Internet access (WiFi), Mini Bar, Private bathroom & WC, Safe box , Desk, LCD TV , Satellite TV
• Junior Suite: total 4 – wifi included, coffer facilities about 40 mt sq, all the rooms amenities, An unforgettable experience. Some with four-poster beds in old wood, some with carved wood bed-heads.
• Suite total: 1, wifi included, coffer facilities about 70 mt sq, one bed room and one living rooms, 2 bathrooms, all the rooms amenities included.
Restaurants & Bars
• Vespasia Restaurant The Chef Valentino Palmisano from 2017 has married the Vespasia project. A meeting of ideas and the sharing of ethical and professional values led the Neapolitan chef to move to Norcia, after a decade of experience of international prestige, for large hotel chains, passing from Shanghai to the Ritz-Carlton in Kyoto. Inserted in the top 10 of the best Italian Chefs abroad, for Arbiter magazine, in Asia Palmisano becomes one of the greatest interpreters of Italian Cuisine, authentic, creative and at the same time linked to tradition. Trained in the school of Alfonso Iaccarino, Bruno Barbieri, Pino Lavarra and Oliver Glowig, over the years he has joined with professionals such as Riccardo La Perna, Massimo Bottura, Domenico Iavarone, Gaetano Trovato, creating a program of international events called ” At the table with Valentino “.
• Wellness center in the hotel included: Jacuzzi, relax room, turkish bath, sauna, massagge rooms. Massages menu available.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Wedding, package for exclusive use of the hotel and event available • Meeting rooms and programme for seminars and convention available
Extra Notable Features
• Cooking class
• Truffle Hunting
• Trekking and Biking guide
• Trekking with donkey for family
• Visit to local producers
• Cheese making with local sheppard
• Vintage car rent
• Horse riding
• Snow shoes excursion
• Ski cross country
• End of February-Beginning of March : black truffle fair in Norcia
• April : Easter and the local Good Friday procession
• End of June-Beginning of July : the blooming of Castelluccio
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
2016: 1 Michelin Star for The Vespasia Restaurant
2017: Hotel of the Year (Virtuoso)
2018: Chad Clark Certification as The Best 2018 Italian Gourmet Food and Wine Journey (Virtuoso)
Number of employees