Puente Romano Beach Resort Spain
Puente Romano Beach Resort
Bulevar Príncipe Alfonso von Hohenlohe, s/n, 29602 Marbella,
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5-star; Leading Hotel of the World
PUENTE ROMANO BEACH RESORT
History & Story
Puente Romano was built in 1974 as one of the most exclusive apartment complexes in Marbella by the German-Spanish Royal Prince Alfonso de Hohenlohe while the area was the meeting place for the international jet set.
Mr. Mouaffak Al Midani, who was a special guest in Marbella Club, bought it in 1979 and converted Puente Romano into a luxurious resort hotel. The resort has its name from the antique Roman Bridge, located in the center of its extensive gardens, which was built in the first century, as part of the Via Augusta, which once connected Rome with Cádiz.
Since its opening, the resort was the meeting point of the international high society. The first important event was the wedding party of tennis legend Bjorn Borg in 1980. Bjorn Borg afterward became the first Manager of the Puente Romano Tennis Club which is recognized as the best in Southern Europe and hosted the Federation Cup, Davis Cup, ATP Grand Prix’s, and Exhibitions.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Beach Front, botanic gardens, 14 restaurants, Six senses spa, private golf course, family-friendly and water sports.
Located in Marbella’s Golden Mile, just 5 minutes drive from the old town and the luxurious Puerto Banus; and 35 minutes from Malaga International Airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
Its location allows guests to enjoy water, gastronomy, cultural or adventures activities; and enjoy cities like Ronda, Tarifa, Malaga, Seville, Granada, or Tangier.
Several swimming pools are spread out all over the site and guests will also find the Six Senses Spa, Tennis & Fitness Club and Marbella Club Golf Resort with its 18 holes course and horse riding center.
La Plaza is an open-air terrace in the center of the resort and is surrounded by five restaurants, each with a different atmosphere. The lights that illuminate the Roman bridge, the live music, and the pleasant temperature of Marbella’s microclimate set the scene for guests to enjoy an exclusive and special atmosphere.
Express yourself in the most uninhibited of ways in our seductive nightclub on the edge of La Plaza.
Jump in headfirst with one of our VIP tables where you will be showered with ice-cold bottles of Champagne and encouraged to dance the night away as you please. Step into a fashionable New Your City loft-inspired club mixed with the impressive Roman heritage of the property, and experience a night like never before. Open at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, you will find only the most fashionable pf partygoers at La Suite.
The Kids Club offers a great range of activities and opens from May until the end of August; and also during school holiday periods. Our extraordinay new kids club, called La Casita, designed for youngsters aged from 5 to 12 years old, fills each day with endless possibilities, with an inspiring activity programme designed with award-winning creative experts Sharky & George. Moreover, you will find the brand-new Teen Spirit , our sophisticated new chill-out lounge and gym dedicated to young adult guests. This is a time of discovery, so our teenage guests set the programme, whether its dance, tennis, water sports, gaming, or exercise. The Teen Spirit lounge is a smart, multi-purpose space, ideal for relaxation, watching movies, gaming as well as offering a private, outdoor gym dedicated to under 18 year olds.
Standard of accommodation is defined by spacious and comfortable suites. Conceived and designed to create a peaceful space with spacious rooms, bathrooms and private. They have been created to guarantee maximum comfort and are characterized by contemporary Mediterranean style furnishings in neutral colours and completed with all amenities. Different connected combinations.
• Number of suites: 180 suites
• Number of Private Villas : 3
– Junior Suite (55 m²)
– Deluxe Junior Suite (60 m²)
– Deluxe Garden Suite (65 m²)
– Gran Suite Kitchen (100 m²)
– Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite (100 m²)
Grand Suites and Villas:
– Grand Junior Suite (70 m²)
– Mediterranean Suite (125 m²)
– Royal Beach Suite: (140 m²)
– Imperial Beach Suite (190 m²)
– Villa Pereza: 4 bedrooms (210 m² + 800m² of gardens)
– Villa Armonia: 5 bedrooms
Restaurants & Bars
• Babette: Back to Dani Garcia beginnings in the world of gastronomy and recovering those recipes for French-style dishes and elaborations.
• Celicioso (Offers food 100% gluten-free, the healthiest options in a trendy atmosphere. Breakfasts, lunches and dinners and also the option of cocktail, coffee or a glass of champagne)
• Cheat Puente Romano: The best burger in town joins Puente Romano´s gastronomic scene. Open pretty much anytime you are hungry, Cheat Burger offers up American classic favourites made the wholesome way using local organic produce, free range chicken, Angus beef and freshly baked breads. A well-deserved break by the pool for the whole family and friends.
• El Chiringuito: For a long, laid-back lunch, you have the choice of a shaded deck or chic indoor restaurant. Of course, you could always unwind on an ocean-side sun lounger and wait for a member of our team to come over and take your order. Here at El Chiringuito, anything goes. Then when the sun goes down and the stars light up, you can spend the evening with sommelier-selected wines, inventive cocktails and artfully mixed sangria.
• La Concha: La Concha, where natural elements and Mexican vibes come alive. With stunning views of Marbella´s iconic La Concha mountain, this Tulum-style sanctuary offers a Mexican influenced menu, refreshing cocktails and an easy going atmosphere with la mejor onda.
• La Plaza: This enchanting atmospheric terrace is the perfect place to enjoy an alfresco pre-dinner aperitif or after-dinner drink. Located alongside the historic Roman bridge, La Plaza is the gastronomic heart of Puente Romano, bringing together some of Marbella renowned restaurants, such as the best of new-style Japanese, Thai, Italian cuisine, Spanish tapas and Dani Garcia´s meat lover´s temple.
• La Selva: Welcome to the jungle, a stylish oasis within the lush gardens in which to enjoy a carefully curated cocktail. Nature surrounds you and draws you into a wilderness of unusual and daring flavours, with unique recipes and aromas, plus some additional tribal touches which set the mood for the perfect evening hideaway. Uncover your new African paradise and enjoy memorable summer nights at La Selva.
• La Suite: Dance the night away in Puente Romano´s New York City loft-inspired club with a stylish decoration, which also reflects the impressive Roman heritage of the resort. This fashionable exclusive club offers dedicated table service and amazing sets from world-renowned DJs.
• Leña: Conceived as a real haven for meat lovers, Leña serves up an irresistible duality for its guests: the balance between Dani García’s technique and his sense of honesty and respect for the produce. Expect a succulent menu that fuses the chef´s personal touch and a new kind of steakhouse, set to revolutionise the grilling world.
• Les Jardins du Liban: Located in the garden of all gardens, Les Jardins du Liban is the ideal place to escape to and take a trip from plate to plate. You´ll be sure to love the refi ned menu that celebrates the joys of this Middle Eastern gastronomy – expect the most characteristic flavours, from savoury to sweet – Not to be missed: the flourishing cocktail selection.
• Monkey Club: Monkey Club is the perfect place to enjoy an outstanding culinary experience in a great atmosphere. The intimate, tropical setting offers a truly unique and authentic venue, where every request is met, every want anticipated and every expectation exceeded.
• Nobu Restaurant:The first Nobu restaurant to open in Spain, is Nobu Marbella, located at the heart of the resort.
The innovative menu is elaborated by Nobu’s first female Executive Chef, Eleni Manousou, and offers all the Nobu classics, as well as dishes inspired by the Andalusia´s finest freshest ingredients. Nobu lovers can also order Nobu Marbella take away and enjoy iconic dishes and signature cocktails from the comfort of their homes.
• Rachel´s Eco Love: Energising juices, protein shakes, avocado-topped olive bread, and peach-stuffed crêpes are just a small selection of the indulgent treats that await at Rachel’s. Each and every order is handmade from scratch using only the finest freshest ingredients. Take time out to enjoy a long lunch and some people watching beside the pool. At Rachel’s, you take life at your own pace.
• Sea Grill: Savour exquisite Mediterranean cuisine whilst enjoying unrivalled sea views at our Sea Grill restaurant. Sea Grill presents itself as an exclusive gastronomic experience, offering the finest, freshest ingredients, with a great array of fish, meat and vegetarian options, including specialities prepared in the Josper oven. Immerse yourself in culinary excellence, the shimmering Mediterranean and the incomparable ambience of our impressive restaurant.
• Serafina (Modern Italian restaurant offering a magnificent selection of wines in an unbeatable atmosphere – Open: Dinner)
• Thai Gallery (For lovers of Thai cuisine, magic and elegant space that has been created to enjoy delicacies from the most creative Thailand cuisine – Open: Dinner)
• 3 swimming pools that can be heated and open all year round.
• Six Senses Spa Marbella (only one in Spain). Its design combines traditional features from Andalusia architecture with natural stone and locally sourced materials. It becomes a true paradise for relaxation and rejuvenation, offering a wide offer of treatments, series of yoga and integrated wellness programs.
• Gym offering the latest generation TechnoGym equipment with Aerobic classes, spinning and a Pilate’s studio.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Modern Conference Centre with a capacity for up to 700 guests. Thanks to its versatility, it is perfect for all types of meetings, exhibitions, conferences, banquets, etc. Located on the ground floor, it comprises the Andalucía Meeting Space, which can be sub-divided into five spacious open-plan rooms and two separate conference rooms. Its impressive outdoor facilities include two traditional Andalusian patios, which are perfect for open-air events such as coffee breaks or lunches.
Extra Notable Features
• Golf, tennis, padel tennis, cycling and aquatic sports (summer) on site
• Babysitting service and Personal assistant service (upon request)
• All type of activities as diving, helicopter tour, cooking class or wine tasting can be organised
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Conde Nast Traveler Awards as Best Resort in Spain
• Bronze Award for Best Overseas Hotel, M&IT London
Number of employees
300 up to 600 in high season