Relais de Chambord France
Relais de Chambord
Place Saint-Louis 41250 Chambord, France
Date of Creation
30 April 2014 (creation of the company : Compagnie Culture et Développement) – 16 March 2018: opening
Hotel General Manager
Anthony Houette has several years of experience in F&B and hotel operations management. He became the General Manager of Relais de Chambord in November 2018.
4-star boutique hotel
Relais de Chambord participates to the development of Chambord as a destination. We focus on a continuous upgrade of our service standards and on guest satisfaction. In terms of markets, France is very important. We intend to develop more the international markets such as Europe and the US.
RELAIS DE CHAMBORD
History & Story
The castle of Chambord was built at the Renaissance as a majestic hunting lodge, upon King Francis I request. The hotel is a historic building, formely used as an outside building of the castle. It served as a stables or also as a kennel, and became a hotel in 1850. The Domaine de Chambord launched a new project in 2015 to transform the hotel to a more modern and more high-end accommodation offer. The project gave birth to Relais de Chambord, which opened in March 2018 after a full renovation, as a 4-star hotel, member of SLH. The only hotel of Chambord with a stunning view of the castle.
Opening in March 2018 after a full renovation, supervised by the French architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte.
Date added extensions
In July 2020, we have installed a suite-boat on the canal of Chambord, at the foot of the castle and its French garden. It is a traditional boat of the Loire river transformed into a luxury suite.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Relais de Chambord is located in front of the castle of Chambord and offers amazing views of the castle from its terrace and from a selection of rooms. It is surrounded by nature, and answers to all kind of expectations: culture, nature, leisure activities, gastronomy, wines, wellness…
Relais de Chambord is located in Chambord, Loire Valley, 2 hours from Paris by car. It is an ideal base to discover the region: its castles, landscapes, wines and gastronomy. In the heart of the Domaine national de Chambord, the largest enclosed forest park in Europe, and right in front of the majestic castle of Chambord, the hotel benefits from a unique setting, surrounded by nature and history.
Key sites/activities in the area
Chambord: visit the castle, discover the domain and its wildlife by foot, by bike or during a 4×4 safari, and enjoy many leisure activities.
Loire valley: visit many emblematic castles like Blois, Cheverny, Amboise or Chenonceau, but also more intimist castles like Talcy or Beauregard. Discover more about the region through a hot air balloon flight or a boat ride on the Loire river, walks through the cities and villages, or visits of vineyards with wine tastings.
In the morning and in the evening, before and after the castle’s opening times, you have the priviledge to enjoy the domain and the castle of Chambord all for yourselves.
From the observatories, you may have the chance to see wild animals (dear, wild boars, birds…). For nature lovers, do not miss the dear squalls season from mid-September to mid-October.
Families with children are welcome at Relais de Chambord. Upon request, we have baby coats and extra beds available in a selection of rooms, and also three pairs of adjoining rooms. We are pleased to offer a welcome kit for children, and our concierge service can advise about family activities in Chambord and in the region.
Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 56
Our stylish rooms, full of natural light, are equipped with a high-end comfort. Due to the architectural history of Relais de Chambord, every room is unique.
• “Cosy”: From 16 to 19 sqm and decorated with modern sensibility, most of them have views of our quiet inner landscaped courtyard.
• “Cosy River View”: From 17 to 18 sqm, they offer views over the serene Cosson river.
• “Superior”: From 17 to 23 sqm, they offer views of Saint-Louis square, the domain or our inner courtyard.
• “Deluxe”: From 23 to 28 sqm, they offer views of the Cosson river, Saint-Louis square or the domain.
• “Junior Suite”: From 32 to 40 sqm, they include a lounge area, and offer views of the Cosson River, Saint-Louis square or the domain.
• “Deluxe Castle View”: From 22 to 31 sqm, each room has a comfortable and cosy layout facing the Château de Chambord.
• “Junior Suite Castle View”: From 30 to 36 sqm, they include a lounge area and offer an exceptional view of Château de Chambord.
• “Toue du Relais”: Traditional Loire riverboat transformed into a luxury suite of 30 sqm, with a terrace of 20 sqm. It floats on the canal with the Château de Chambord as a backdrop.
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant Le Grand Saint-Michel
Our gastronomic restaurant is open for dinner and serves a French haute cuisine using a maximum of local and seasonal products (vegetables from the vegetable garden of Chambord, local caviar, oils, honey, dairy products, meat…). Its terrace offers breathtaking views of the castle.
• Bar du Relais
The Bar du Relais offers a cosy French Club atmosphere with a chimney in winter and a terrace with views of the castle. It also servers a bistronomic menu for lunch and dinner.
• Les Armes du Château
Our brasserie, located on the main square of the village of Chambord and facing the castle, offers a relaxed environment perfect for enjoying a casual menu featuring salads, sandwiches, hamburgers or pastas among others.
Spa by Nuxe
Our Spa by Nuxe is a haven of wellness which features two cabins for treatments (one of them double), a steam room, a sauna, a relaxation area with a selection of teas, as well as an outdoor jacuzzi with views of the castle.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Relais de Chambord regularly welcomes seminars and incentives:
• 3 meeting rooms with natural light: the largest one can accommodate up to 50 persons in theatre shape ; the two smaller ones can be modulated in one room.
• Gastronomic group and seminar menus are available
• Several leisure and teambuilding activities are possible with our partners.
It is also possible to privatise the property for a corporate event, a wedding or other celebrations.
The unique setting facing the castle will make your event unforgettable.
Extra Notable Features
• Bikes and e-bikes to rent, pool table
• Conciergerie and activities managed by the Domaine de Chambord or partners: private or prestige visits of the castle, horseback riding, all-terrain vehicle safaris, hot air balloon flights, boat rides on the canal or on the Loire river…
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• 2021 : Michelin : 2 Forks and a Plate
• 2019-2021 : Michelin : 2 Forks and a Plate
Number of employees