Cala del Porto Resort
Tuscan Coast, Italy
Cala del Porto Resort
Via del Pozzo, 58040 Punta Ala, GR
Tuscan Coast – Italy
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5 star part of LHW
CALA DEL PORTO RESORT
History & Story
Located just a few kilometers from the Maremma region, the vineyards of Montalcino and the cypresses of Bolgheri.
• 2010-2013: all rooms have been refurbished
• 2013: refurbishment of the Belvedere Restaurant
• 2014: refurbishment of La Spiaggia Restaurant
• 2014: new « La Vela » private beach club
Date added extensions
2016: New Opening of 18 rooms directly facing the sea
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Immersed in the unspoiled bay of Punta Ala, a naturalistic gem of the Tuscan Maremma
• Breathtaking sunset seaview of the tuscan Archipelago
• Attentive service for families travelling with kids
• Close to one of the most renowned International Golf Club
• Gourmet restaurant serving mediterranean fresh specialties on a sandy beach
The Cala del Porto Resort stands amidst a picturesque pine forests in the Tuscan Maremma, on the Tyrrhenian sea, in front of the Elba and Montecristo islands. 2 hours drive away from Rome and Florence. 1 hour 30 minutes away from Pisa and 1 hour from Siena, San Giminiano and Montalcino.
Key sites/activities in the area
Nestled on a hillside sheer above the sea, Cala del Porto Resort is the perfect starting point to discover famous Tuscan wineries and the region’s great artistic, historical and natural heritage, like the Etruscan sites of Populonia, Vetulonia and Roselle. Punta Ala’s highly modern tourist port and its facilities for horse-riding, hiking, tennis, sailing and other exclusive sports are only a few of the features that await you in this charming destination. For golf lovers, Punta Ala International Golf Club and the Golf Club Toscana Il Pelagone, among the most celebrated in Europe, are just nearby. Guests can access two exclusive clubs with fine white sandy beach featuring bar & restaurants and a spacious wellness & fitness area.
The new fully renovated multifunction La Vela Club: an oasis of summer comfort and relaxation on the sandy beach of Punta Ala. La Vela club features a spacious wellness area (130 m²) and fitness centre and includes a bar and a roof terrace Restaurant with panoramic views.
The Hotel welcomes families travelling with children from breakfast until night, with a dedicated program and ad hoc packages. Advantages of the family program include free extra bed for one child (up to the age of 16, maximum 1 bed per room), several choices of connecting rooms or family suites, dedicated buffet breakfast for kids, home-made cakes or fruit to welcome you to your room, children’s menu, babysitting service, kids club at La Vela Beach Club in July and August, gift for the family and a selection of cultural or entertainment tours (the tours may be personalized and quoted according to requirement).
• Grand Classic Rooms Garden View: Grand Classic rooms are elegantly furnished in pastel colours, with attention to the smallest details. They overlook the hotel’s garden and some have their own balcony. Size from: 25 m2
• Deluxe Rooms Sea View: Deluxe rooms offer a beautiful view of the sea and the Tuscan Archipelago. Some of them overlook the pool, a blue figure-of-eight design set between pine trees and Tuscan terracotta. All have a private terrace. Size from: 25 m2
• Grand Deluxe Rooms Sea View: overlooking the Tuscan sea, Grand Deluxe rooms have their own private terrace where guests can start the day with a delicious breakfast and end it with a relaxing drink under the starry sky. Size from: 25 m2
• Junior Suites: spacious, comfortable and bright with a private terrace where you can fully enjoy the wonderful panorama of the
small marina and the Tuscan Archipelago or the lush hotel garden. Size from: 30 m2
• Suites Sea View: these suites are very spacious and quiet, with two separate areas so that guests can fully enjoy the tranquillity of their room. A good-sized private terrace leads you directly to the sea, where you can lose your gaze on the horizon. Size from: 35 m2
• Panoramic Suites Sea View: these suites feature a wonderful terrace with an enchanting view over the Tuscan Archipelago, as well as stylish and elegant décor. They have two separate large areas and master and service bathrooms, with very large showers.
Size from: 50 m2
Restaurants & Bars
• The Belvedere Restaurant is a chic and refined indoor restaurant with an enchanting view of the Tuscan archipelago. The ideal place to enjoy a fine dining under the stars and the moon… Our Chef Giuseppe Angelucci suggests daily menu and Grand Carte with the flavours of the sea and the Tuscan cuisine. Not to mention a selection of high-quality wines from Italy and elsewhere to delight the connoissuer and everyone who loves to eat and drink well.
• Overlooking a sandy beach, La Spiaggia Restaurant is a beautiful location for informal lunches and summer dinners, ideal for romantic occasions or get-togethers with friends by the sea.
Our Chef offers an à la carte menu with the highest quality ingredients combined with the flavors of the Maremma
• La Vela roof terrace Restaurant with views on the Tyrrhenian sea is the ideal location for those in search of contemporary, surrounded by beautiful nature. lt’s the perfect spot to enjoy an aperitivo, evening cocktails and dinners
• Swimming pool at the Cala del Porto Resort with view over the Marina of Punta Ala;
• The exclusive La Vela Beach Club, an oasis of summer comfort and relaxation on the sandy beach of Punta Ala, in the heart of the Tuscan Maremma.
La Vela club features a spacious wellness area including solarium, Turkish bath and massage treatment rooms as well as a large outdoor fitness centre (for a total of more than 130m²) with Technogym equipment. The club includes a bar and a terrace with panoramic views, as well as a restaurant serving Mediterranean food and pizza. The chic beachside bar (100 m²) is the perfect place for guests to enjoy drinks and cocktails after a day in the Tuscan summer sun.
• Dedicated team: sports trainings programs for our Guests’ well-being
Corporate & Celebration Events
otel Cala del Porto is the ideal place for wedding celebrations, special events and memorable incentives. For the most special of the special occasions, you can hire the hotel exclusively and let it become “Your second Home” in Tuscany.
Extra Notable Features
• International Punta Ala Golf Club, one of the most celebrated in Europe.
• Sports opportunities (sailing, diving, horse-riding, tennis, boat hire)
• Well.being activities & Programs (Fitness area with personal Trainer, Postural Training and massage, Spa, Pilates, Spinning, dedicated Healthy menus)
• Cooking classes
• Personal food & Wines shopper
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Number of employees