Ritz Paris France
15 place Vendôme 75001 Paris
Date of Creation
June 1st, 1898
Hotel General Manager
5-star luxury hotel, member of Leading Hotels of the World
History & Story
Since its opening on June 1st, 1898, the Ritz Paris has been the epitome of elegance and the understated luxury of French art de Vivre. The privacy and glamour of this unique environment immediately made it a gathering place for the greats of this world, royalty, artists and writers, first among them Marcel Proust and Ernest Hemingway. Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn and Maria Callas, always loyal to the Ritz Paris, contributed to the mystique of Place Vendôme.
The Ritz Paris has reopened this June 2016 after an unprecedented restoration. Renowned interior architect Thierry W Despont oversaw the restoration.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Prestigious address on the fashionable Place Vendôme
• The only independent luxury hotel left in Paris that is not chained affiliated
• 71 Suites including 15 historic one-of-a-kind Prestige Suites and 71 rooms, all bathed in natural light
• 3 restaurants and 3 bars including famed Bar Hemingway
• Beautiful gardens and terraces with retractable roofs and floor heating to be enjoyed year-round. Exclusives alcoves in the Grand Jardin
• Signature Spa featuring an indoor pool, a modern fitness center with private training rooms and 7 treatment rooms
Key sites/activities in the area
• Jewellery and fashion boutiques on Place Vendôme and rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré
• The Louvre Museum, the Jardin des Tuileries and the Opéra Garnier
• The Champs-Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe
• The Eiffel Tower
Did you know that the film Love in the afternoon (Billy Wilder, 1957) with Audrey Hepburn, Maurice Chevalier and Gary Cooper was shot in the Ritz Paris?
Vogue US organized with Kate Moss a 3 days fashion shoot in the hotel to celebrate its historical closing.
Children will be pampered at the Ritz Paris. There is no minimum age.
Activities and gifts will be specially designed for them.
142 rooms: 71 rooms and 71 suites
• 71 large rooms equipped with the latest technology
• 71 suites including 15 historic Prestige Suite, home of the Ritz Paris’ most illustrious tenants: Impériale, Coco Chanel, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Windsor, Vendôme, Appartement Ritz, César Ritz, Maria Callas, Prince de Galles, Opéra, Mansart, Ernest Hemingway, Charlie Chaplin, Chopin and Marcel Proust
• Spacious bathrooms in Italian marble and natural light
• Connecting rooms and suites
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• “The Ritz Paris follows your schedule“. Check-in and check-out at your convenience
Restaurants & Bars
• Fine-dining French restaurant around four universes, created by Chef Nicolas Sale.
Les Matins de L’Espadon breakfast
Les Jardins de L’Espadon lunch from Wednesday to Sunday. One Michelin star
La Table de L’Espadon dinner for a fine-dining recital and the finest products. Wednesday to Sunday. Two Michelin stars.
• Private dining room which can accommodate up to ten guests
• A retractable roof to transform the winter garden into a leafy year-round patio
• Open daily from 7AM to 10.30AM for breakfast, from 12.30PM to 2PM for lunch and from 7.30PM to 10PM for dinner ; brunch served on Sunday only, from 12.30PM to 2PM
• Brasserie à la française of the Ritz Paris
• Cozy atmosphere
• Terrace service on the patio which turns into a spacious winter garden
• Open from 8AM and throughout the day for dining or enjoying a drink
• Historic salon that embodies luxury and Parisian refinement
• Fireplace and large library
• À la française afternoon tea along with French gourmet creations of Pastry Chef François Perret
• Open daily from 8.30PM to 8PM
• Elegant Parisian bistro
• In the summertime, the Ritz Bar makes the most of the season in our Grand Jardin and serve from noon to dusk in the secret of the garden’s alcoves.
• Possibility of selecting one of the 50,000 wine bottles from the cellar accompanied by small plates to share in the evening
• Open daily from 5AM to 2AM
• Hemingway’s favourite hideaway where Colin Field, the famous Head Barman, practices his art of mixology
• A large selection of aged spirits and signature cocktails
• Open daily from 6PM to 2AM
• Ritz Club Paris
1 560 square meters on two floors dedicated to beauty and wellness
Heated indoor swimming pool (17m x 8m)
Hammam, sauna, experience shower
A fitness room with state-of-the-art equipment
Two fitness rooms for personal coaching
Massages (also in-room)
Signature manicure or beauty feet & nails
David Mallett hair salon
Open daily from 6.30AM to 10PM
• CHANEL au Ritz Paris
CHANEL blends the art of skincare at the Ritz Paris
A unique and customized sensory experience
6 elegant alcoves, each featuring a private bathroom
CHANEL boutique around 3 universes: fragrance, makeup and skincare
Corporate & Celebration Events
8 beautifully appointed banquet rooms for custom-designed events: meetings, conferences, weddings, fashion shows, garden parties, etc.
Extra Notable Features
• Cooking classes for all levels at The École Ritz Escoffier
• A bright shopping Galerie with exclusive boutiques and showcases displaying the best of fashion, jewellery and high-end products of the brand Ritz Paris