Saint James Paris
Saint James Paris
5 place du Chancelier Adenauer
75116 Paris – France
Privately owned by a French family
Date of Creation
01 February 1991
Hotel General Manager
Mrs Laure Pertusier
5-star – Relais & Châteaux member
SAINT JAMES PARIS
History & Story
Romantic by nature, Parisian by excellence!
In the exclusive 16th district of Paris, a few minutes’ walk from the Champs Elysées and the Trocadéro, the Saint James Paris is a legendary address, tucked away from prying eyes in its private walled garden, like an island in the city.
The Relais & Châteaux property is set in a neoclassical mansion built in the 19th century on the site of Paris’ first air-balloon field to host a foundation for scholars. Turned into a private club in the 1980s, it is since then run as a hotel and club, perfect for guests in search of privacy. Fully reimagined in 2021, it has embraced modern times and reconciles paradoxes with elegance and a feather-light touch: grandiose and intimate, romantic and exclusive, a cultural symbol yet resolutely hedonistic.
Chic and poetic, the Saint James Paris has been imagined like a gracious and luminous private residence, one where the garden invites itself indoors, exuding a timeless, Parisian chic but also the soul of a real home. This warm, intimate spirit can be found in the 50 rooms and suites, the iconic library-bar, the gastronomic restaurant, Bellefeuille and the Guerlain spa, but also in the kind and generous service that has made the reputation of this unique venue.
The property has been fully renovated over 2020 and 2021 by Laura Gonzalez who reimagined all spaces. The gardens have been fully rethought by landscape architect Xavier de Chirac
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• The only château-hotel in Paris
• A neoclassic mansion with a real garden
• A unique decoration celebrating the quintessential Parisian art de vivre
• A Guerlain spa with swimming pool
The exclusive 16th district of Paris, just off Victor Hugo avenue
Key sites/activities in the area
• Arc de Triomphe
• Champs Elysées
• Fondation Louis Vuitton
• Fondation Yves Saint-Laurent
• Marmottan-Monet Museum
• Museum of Modern art
• Palais Galliera (museum of fashion)
• Taste the Parisian honey made by the Saint James’ bees in the garden in the morning pastries
• Meet Pilou, the hotel cat, for a private « chat » during your stay
• Use the free bicycles to discover Paris like a Parisian
• Children bathrobes available
• Special colouring and game book
• Dedicated menu in the restaurant
• 8 Boudoir rooms of 20-25 m² with 1 queen bed
• 5 Superior rooms of 27-33 m² with 1 queen or 1 king or 2 twin beds
• 9 Deluxe rooms of 34-39 m² with 1 queen or 1 king or 2 twin beds
• 14 Junior Suites of 42-56 m² with 1 queen or 1 king or 2 twin beds, sofa-bed or extra bed in the lounge. Some on 2 stories, some with 2 bathrooms, some with interior winter garden (top floor)
• 12 Suites & Prestige Suites of 49-90 m² with 1 queen or 1 king or 2 twin beds, sofa-bed or extra bed in the lounge. Some on 2 stories, some with 2 bathrooms, some with interior winter garden (top floor)
• 2 private villas of 70 m² on 3 stories with lounge, kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom, and a specifically themed room : private spa with two massage tables, double tub and steam room in the Pavillon d’Amour, second private room with shower room for Pavillon Belles-Feuilles
Rooms overlook the garden around the hotel, top-floor rooms have skylight windows. Extra beds are possible in Junior Suites, Suites and Pavillons only.
All rooms are equipped with safe, minibar, free WiFi, Guerlain amenities, Nespresso, iHome station.
Connecting options are available in each category.
Restaurants & Bars
• Bellefeuille (starred Michelin): set in the majestic dining room, the gastronomic restaurant is an ode to nature, in its décor and in the plate where the awarded Chef Julien Dumas plays above all with the diversity and the intensity of flavors. He forges unforgettable emotions with products ranging from the most basic to the most prestigious : roasted white asparagus, lobster & cuttlefish, shoulder of veal confit with nasturtium.
Open for guests and members for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Open to the public for dinner Mon-Sat.
When the weather allows, service is set under the graceful pergola in the garden.
• The Library-bar : the thousands old books are still to be seen in the historic study of the foundation, open to guests and members from 8:00am to 1:00am for coffee, a light meal and of course to taste the selection of fine spirits and the signature cocktails of the head bartender. Open to the public from 7:00pm to 1:00am.
In summer, cocktails can be tasted al fresco from the outdoor bar under the pergola.
• Guerlain spa with 3 treatment rooms (2 singles 1 double)
• Swimming pool 15 x 4 meters, whirlpool, sauna, steam room
• Extensive fitness room, private room available. Coach on request.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Private rooms for events from 2 to 50 persons
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Number of employees