The Beaumont Hotel UK
The Beaumont Hotel
Brown Hart Gardens, Mayfair, London W1K 6TF
Date of Creation
Opened on 29 September 2014
Hotel General Manager
Mr Duncan Palmer, Managing Director.
5-star Luxury Hotel ; Legend Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
THE BEAUMONT HOTEL
History & Story
The Beaumont is an independent, five-star hotel, much praised for its outstanding levels of personal service. The architecturally Protected 1926 building is in the heart of Mayfair, within a few minutes’ walk of London’s finest art galleries and luxury shopping. The hotel’s position on a quiet, historic garden square, yet so close to all that is happening in London, is oft-mentioned as one of the most appealing aspects of the hotel. Evoking the elegance and personalized hospitality of pre-war Mayfair, it is grand in style and yet warm and welcoming.
In 2021, the hotel underwent a gentle refurbishment of its bars and restaurants, which saw the addition of a brand-new Lounge and an al fresco dining terrace, under the creative direction of the leading New York-based designer Thierry Despont, adding new layers of comfort and luxury.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Beaumont is praised for its “timeless, old-world elegance with a wicked edge”. The intimate size of the hotel – 72 rooms – means every guest benefits from a very personal touch. In addition to its magnificent location, The Beaumont boasts a number of distinctive features: Le Magritte Bar and The Colony Grill Room have quickly become a magnet for London’s people ‘in the know’, Gatsby’s lounge, the former bar space at the very heart of the hotel has undergone a dramatic transformation to become a relaxed, intimate all-day dining space, very much inspired by the 1926 origins of the building. Along with the terrace, this entirely new space offers al fresco drinking and dining for the first time at The Beaumont,
The Beaumont is superbly located in the heart of Mayfair on a quiet, landscaped square, yet within sight of Selfridges and a few minutes’ stroll from the luxury shops on Duke Street, Mount Street, South Audley Street and Bond Street, the green spaces of Grosvenor Square, Berkeley Square and Hyde Park, and Mayfair’s many art galleries.
Key sites/activities in the area
Shopping : Oxford Street (Selfridges) and Duke Street, Mount Street, South Audley Street and Bond Street Parks and Gardens : Grosvenor Square, Berkeley Square, Hyde Park.
Numerous art galleries in Mayfair, The Wallace Collection Museum.
• The Beaumont occupies a 1926 building originally known as Macy’s. Macy’s was one of the first garages to cater principally for shoppers, offering free parking to the customers of nearby Selfridge’s department store.
• The hotel’s façade is Grade Two Listed and now features Antony Gormley’s distinctive sculpture, ROOM
• Brown Hart Gardens just opposite the Beaumont Hotel are raised and it was once rumoured the building was Queen Victoria’s Elephant House. Brown Hart Gardens is apparently the only place in the UK where quarrelling is specifically forbidden by law.
Children are welcome to the hotel; baby-sitting services can be provided upon request.
Number of rooms in all: 72
• 50 Rooms (Bathrooms with underfloor heating; Large, private hallways; Large LCD television; A laptop safe; 24-hour room service)
• 22 Studios and suites including The Roosevelt Suite (a presidential suite of up to five bedrooms with private terrace) and ROOM by Antony Gormley, a one-bedroom suite
• Complimentary for all guests: WiFi; Local landline calls; Nespresso coffee, teas, soft drinks, snacks in-room; In-room movies; Hotel limousine service; Shoeshine service
• Traditional toiletries from D.R. Harris
• A number of rooms and suites are interconnecting and some are designed as disability-accessible rooms.
Restaurants & Bars
• Colony Grill Room
The menu features, as well as salads and grills, appropriately classic dishes from both sides of the Atlantic, by chef Ben Boeynaems.
• Le Magritte Bar
The bar is naturally an ‘American Bar’, such as was prevalent in London and Paris in the 1920s and early 30s. Bar’s specialties: Bourbons and American Whiskies. Jazz music is played live on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
• The Gatsby Room
The former bar space at the very heart of the hotel has undergone a dramatic transformation to become a relaxed, intimate all-day dining space, very much inspired by the 1926 origins of the building.
• The Terrace
This entirely new space offers al fresco drinking and dining for the first time at The Beaumont, on the sheltered outdoor terrace facing Brown Hart Gardens. It will serve drinks alongside a light menu from 8am to 11pm, and can be covered and heated in colder weather.
• Resident’s Gymnasium – open 24 hours a day
• Steam Room and Sauna
• Two Therapy Rooms, Hair and Grooming Room
• Hammam with dry heat
• Bespoke facial treatments with Abigail James
Corporate & Celebration Events
The Lotos Room is a Boardroom and Private Dining Room
• 18 covers for a board meeting
• 24 covers for a breakfast/lunch/dinner on one oval table
• 40 covers for a breakfast/lunch/dinner on five round tables of eight
• 60 covers for standing receptions.
Extra Notable Features
The Beaumont’s Mercedes E Class (emission free) is available on a complimentary basis for the use of hotel guests for drop-offs within Mayfair.
The hotel features ROOM, the only inhabitable sculpture in the world designed by well-known British artist, Sir Antony Gormley.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
The Beaumont has received numerous accolades since it opened:
– Best Ever European City Hotel – The Gallivanter’s Guide 2020
– Conde Nast Traveller Reader’s Choice Awards Top London Hotels
– The Gold List 2021 Best Hotels in Europe
– Best Independent Hotel – The Gallivanter’s Guide 2019, annual award for excellence
– 2020 Conde Nast Traveller Gold List – the editor’s favourite hotels in the world – Conde Nast Traveller
– One of the 12 Best Hotels Experiences of 2018
Number of employees