The Capra Switzerland
Lomattenstrasse 6, 3906 Saas- Fee Switzerland
Independent standalone hotel under direct management of the owners.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager:
Mr. Florian Leven, who started off his career in Germany, is the General Manager since November 2021. Before joining a Hotel Business School in Germany, he spent 3 years working in Switzerland. After completion of his studies in Germany, he attended Johnson & Wales University in Rhode Island, USA to achieve his MBA in hospitality.
5-star luxury boutique wellness hotel. Luxury brand: LVX (Preferred)
History & Story
The Capra opened in January 2015. The owners purchased an existing 3-star hotel and transformed it into The Capra. In December 2016, The Capra Chalet was completed, and the Peak Health Spa opened in December 2017. The Capra opened for the first time during the summer season in July 2017. From December 2022, The Capra is delighted to present its third and final building. The Capra is an intimate and unpretentious alpine lodge combining the cosiness of a chalet with the comforts and pampering of a luxury hotel.
In the long term, the owners are looking to develop additional hotel properties in the Alps.
In 2022, we did a full renovation of the kitchen, which now comes fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. All the rooms have had minor improvements and technological upgrades. The Peak Health Spa has also been upgraded with a larger relaxation room and a whole floor dedicated to its fitness & yoga room.
The owners had their own interior design team, which worked alongside a team of local and international contractors. Swiss architects MLS, were the main architects of the project and Swiss design team Sommerlatte, were the main lighting design team that created and conceptualised a vison based on the theme of “fire and ice”. The interiors’ contractors were local craftsmen and a German based company Felix Graf.
Date Added Extansions
2017: 2nd building with 10 more rooms. 2023: 3rd building with 14 more rooms.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The hotel’s strength is its intimacy. The hotel’s intelligent design, with high quality materials and attention to detail, is one of understated luxury that promotes a felling of warmth, relaxation, and comfort.
Saas Fee is home to the world’s highest underground train, the Metro Alpin, and the world’s largest revolving restaurant at 3,500m above sea level. There is a total of 150 km of well- maintained ski slopes for all levels of skiers in the Saas Valley. Activities such as but not limited to, ski touring, glacier trekking, ice climbing, sledging, zip lining, hiking, rock climbing, trail running, mountain biking, and Alpine Gorging.
The Capra is located on the main street of the village, where you can easily access to the church, main shops, and a bank.
38 Rooms and Suites:
• 11 Signature Junior Suites: Spacious Signature Junior Suite (area 35m2) with distinct seating area, offering abundant space to accommodate all your needs.
• 6 Signature Suites: Our spacious Suite (40 m2) all have separate living rooms, with a sofa and armchair, allowing for a warm and inviting atmosphere where guests can relax and feel perfectly at home. Our Signature Suites can accommodate two adults and one child using the pull- out sofa bed in the living room.
• 5 Deluxe Suites: Our generous Family Suite (50 m2) have a separate living room and bedroom with two bathrooms and can comfortably fit a family of four through our discreet, in- built bunk beds, making them the perfect family accommodation.
• 3 Penthouse Suite: These 3 unique Penthouse Suites (55-75 m2) have separate living rooms, equipped with their very own fireplace, and a bedroom with en-suite bathroom plus an extra bathroom. They can comfortably accommodate a family of four with both having pull- out sofa beds. From the balcony on the top floor, you benefit from the best view of the amazing mountain range surrounding Saas- Fee. Enjoy some relaxation time in front of your own fireplace.
• 13 Signature Double Room: Our Signature Double Rooms (25 m2), each with private balcony offer a perfect space for all your needs. This comfortable room with desk, sitting area and balcony or terrace. The bathroom has a rain shower and/ or bathtub.
In Room Amenities:
• High- speed Wi- Fi
• 42 inch HDTV
• IPTV with streaming capabilities
• Nespresso coffee machine
• Minibar with complimentary soft drinks & beer
• The Capra’s bathrobes and slippers
• Soeder bathroom amenities
Our mascot is called Colin the Capra, a wooden figure of the goat that travels around with us.
Kids have their own playroom called the “Fun Lab” equipped with a table tennis, foosball table, and TV with video games. Parents are recommended to stay with their children to supervise in the “Fun Lab”.
Restaurants & Bars
• Brasserie 1809: Our Brasserie 1809 menu focuses on making unpretentious dishes that use local and sustainably sourced ingredients. The inspiration for our dishes begins at our own doorstep, the great mountains of the Alps. Our menu changes with each season and our ingredients are sourced from farmers and artisans who are as passionate about quality as we are. In every dish, we celebrate each ingredient, which comes out of 150km radius, to its fullest potential.
• Spielboden by The Capra: Focuses on quality and authenticity offering Alpine dishes made from local seasonal and sustainably sourced ingredients. Whatever your food choice, pair it with one of the labels from the extensive wine list that features local wines from the Valais, Switzerland’s leading wine- growing region.
• The Capra Lounge: The Lounge menu consists of dishes that use local and sustainably sourced ingredients.
The head Chef is Sebastian Walczak since August 2021.
The Capra does not offer a half- board option.
The Spa is run and managed by Peak Health, which offers amenities such as:
• Indoor and outdoor pool
• Sauna, salt sauna, and steam room
• Relaxation area
• Gym with Technogym and Pent equipment
• Yoga studio
Corporate & Celebrations events
• The Capra can comfortably cater for groups up to 20 people.
• Main facilities that could be used are wine cellar and private dining.
• As well as the library and the yoga room, which both have a screen a projector.
Extra Notables Features
• Cooking courses: “Hands- on” lessons from the chefs where you will be preparing, cooking, and tasting alongside them.
• Different classes such as stretching, breathing, guided meditation, and qigong are offered everyday from 16:00 until 16:45.
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
• The Daily Telegraph: The Best Restaurant in Saas- Fee
• Falstaff Hotel Guide: 95 Points
• TripAdvisor, Number 4 of Top Luxury Hotels – Switzerland
• TripAdvisor, Number 7 of Top 25 Small Hotels – Switzerland
• TripAdvisor, Number 25 of Top 25 Vest Hotels for Service – Switzerland
• Connoisseur Circle, 3rd best Design- & Boutique hotel in Switzerland
• Michelin Guide: Michelin Plate Restaurant La Brasserie
Number of Employees