The Hotel Maria Finland
The Hotel Maria
Mariankatu 23, 00170 Helsinki – Finland
The Hotel Maria
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Ms. Katriina Moksi
Ms. Moksi has worked in management positions with many of the best travel brands in the Nordics, including Kämp Group, a high-end hotel chain; Finland’ largest tourism destination and ski resort Levi, as well as internationally renowned Levi Igloos, a luxury resort in Finnish Lapland.
5 – star luxury, Preferred Hotels & Resorts Legend Collection.
The Hotel Maria will be opening on December 15, 2023. Our vision is to become the best hotel in the Nordics.
The Hotel Maria
History & Story
The Hotel Maria is developed and presented by Samla Capital and is led by Mr Samppa Lajunen. Mr Lajunen is widely known for his accomplishments, not only as a businessman, but also as a three-time Olympic gold medallist representing Finland for many years in the Nordic combined, i.e., cross-country skiing and ski jumping. Driven by his unwavering commitment to achieving excellence, Mr Lajunen recognised the potential to establish a new standard and create the best luxury hotel experience in the Nordics. The Hotel Maria is consisting of 4 buildings originally built in 1885 – 1910. The historic buildings have been completely renovated with utmost attention to the details and they will be connected to each other’s by glass bridges. The hotel will be opened on December 15, 2023. Construction will be carried out by construction company Fira, in cooperation with Caverion. Specialists from different design fields in Finland are involved in designing the hotel.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Hotel Maria will be heralding a new era in luxury Nordic hospitality, with a level of refinement and excellence that is a first for the region. Steeped in tradition and reimagined to create a sophisticated escape for discerning guests, the hotel features 117 unique and spacious guest rooms including 38 majestic suites. Our room and suite amenities include bathtubs, balconies, saunas, steam rooms, bathtubs and large American style beds.
Exquisite, luxurious, and always welcoming, The Hotel Maria is located in Kruununhaka residential area, in one of the Helsinki’s most prestigious addresses, in close proximity to the Presidential Palace and Senate Square.
Keys sites / activities in the area
• Helsinki Central Railway Station 1,0 km / 0,6 mi
• Stockmann Department Store 1,4 km / 0,9 mi
• University of Helsinki 550 m / 0.3 mi
• South Harbour 1 km / 0.6 mi
• House of Estates 500 m / 0,3 mi
• Helsinki Cathedral 700 m / 0.4 mi
• Helsinki Senate Square 700 m / 0.4 mi
• Helsinki Sky Wheel 850 m / 0.5 mi
The Hotel Maria has 19 suites with either a Finnish sauna or a steam room.
• Number of suites: 38
• Number of Luxury rooms: 79
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 118
1 indoor swimming pool, 1 outdoor swimming pool, 1 jacuzzi, Finnish sauna, biosauna, Mediterranean bath, Turkish bath, rasul bath, turkish bath, salt room, ritual suite, spa table, gym, 8 cabins, personal training, youga lessons
Our spa is 1500 sqm big. the design is inspired by a minimal layout with dark colors that allow you to create an atmosphere where the guest can doze off.
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant Lilja: Inspired by the traditions of French cuisine and sourcing only the finest of ingredients, both locally and abroad, Lilja is a sophisticated and immersive dining experience in an elegant and welcoming environment. Expect to be treated to impeccable service from our attentive restaurant team, all with a deep knowledge of food and wine to enhance and personalise dining at Lilja. Breakfast and dinner are served in Lilja. Head Chef Ville Rainio.
• Garden Terrace: Leisurely and informal, the Garden Terrace welcomes you to indulge in an elevated, all-day dining menu inspired by classic international and Nordic dishes, created to delight and satisfy any craving. Lunch and dinner are served in GardenTerrace.
• Bar Maria: Socialise with friends at Bar Maria with French champagne and fine caviar for an extravagant afternoon luxuriating in the splendour of the oversized sofas and sculptural banquettes. See and be seen in the utmost comfort and elegance.
• Spa with plunge pools, Finnish sauna, steam room and treatment rooms
• Wellness Club with Fitness Center and Wellness Studio
• Wellness Concierge
• 19 suites with a Finnish sauna or a steam room, all suites have bath tubs, 2 suites have additionally an outdoor jacuzzi on the balcony.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Ballroom for 60 – 100 persons
• Wellness Studio event space for 30 – 50 persons
• Valley Private Dining room for 20 person
• Lily Private Dining room for 4 persons
Number of employees