The Lodge Hotel Portugal
The Lodge Hotel
Rua Serpa Pinto, 60 | 4400-307 V. N. Gaia
Investment Fund (Azora Capital)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5-star Luxury Hotel | Member of XO Private, of The Prestige Collection, and of Condé Nast Johansens.
The Lodge Hotel
History & Story
Inspired by the wine culture, The Lodge is a luxury hotel, with a unique design that imprints the soul of the Douro in an organic way, awakening the senses in an aura of timelessness. The hotel is inserted in the heart of the centuries-old Port wine cellars, overlooking the Douro River and 8-minute walking distance to the downtown of Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia, with privileged views. From the rooms, designed in detail to convey an atmosphere of comfort and sophistication, to the heated outdoor pool and the different wine and gastronomic experiences, at The Lodge everything converges to (re)create a true haven. The intimate rooms and spaces for meetings and conferences also allow you to organize unique and unforgettable events.
The Lodge Hotel combines an immersive experience of Porto, Douro, and Wine with providing a superb customer experience.
Newly built property.
Date Added Extansions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Unique design that imprints the soul of the Douro in an organic way, awakening the senses in an aura of timelessness, by the renowned designer Nini Andrade Silva.
• Port wine cellars and branded houses (wine tasting)
• World of Wine museums and activities
• Yacht trips and sailing at Douro river
• Serralves museum and gardens
• Porto city center, walking distance to all city attractions
The hotel is inserted in the heart of the centuries-old Port wine cellars, overlooking the Douro River and 8-minute walking distance to the downtown of Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia, with privileged views.
Guests may choose from a wide choice of 119 rooms and suites, including
• 28 Superior rooms, 21 Superior rooms with balcony, 18 Superior rooms with pool view, 38 Deluxe rooms with river view, 7 Deluxe terrace rooms with direct access to pool; 26 sq m with elegant contemporary lines which blend with the surrounding warm tones
• 3 Junior suites, 40 sq m modern and welcoming, where design elements that refer to a natural setting stand out
• 2 Suites, 54 sq m with a wide variety of amenities available, creating the ideal space to relax
• 2 Signature Suites, 215 sq m duplex with private gym and a leisure space for a privileged experience
The designer Nini Andrade Silva didn’t save any of her talents when she got this project in her hands. It combines design with tradition and walking through the hotel, the guests come across unique spaces and exclusive design, that uncover that some things represent more than what it meets the eye. For instance, some of the sinks of the bathrooms in the public areas represent a grape cut in the half. Or the columns of Restaurant Dona Maria are embraced by big baskets ‘cestos vindimos’ (used to carry the grapes during the harvest). The closets of all bedrooms and elevators, have a hanger representing the branch of a vine. Authentic experiences are to be lived at The Lodge, one breaths authenticity here.
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurante Dona Maria – Traditional Portuguese cuisine with a capacity up tp 120 people, and a terrace with views over the city of Porto
• Two private wine rooms with capacities of up to 20 and 30 people
• The Lodge Bar, specialized in unique wine & cocktail experiences
• Pool bar, open during Spring and Summer
• Outdoor Heated Swimming Pool
• Fitness Centre
Corporate & Celebrations events
• 4 Meeting & Events Rooms named after some of the most iconic Vintage years, 1945, 1963, 1994, 2011
• Capacity from 10 to 280 in Conference
• The more intimate events also find echo in the hotel, being available for such two exclusive rooms with maximum capacity for 20 and 30 people, respectively.
Extra Notable Features
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
• 2022 Travelers’ Choice TripAdvisor
Number of Employees