The Peninsula Paris France
The Peninsula Paris
19 Avenue Kléber
75116 Paris – France
The Peninsula Hotels
Date of Creation
August 1, 2014
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Pimont brings to the role a wealth of experience, both with the legendary Peninsula property on Avenue Kléber, and with the luxury hospitality industry in both Paris and beyond. Mr. Pimont joined The Peninsula Hotels in November 2007 after a 15-year career in management roles for major hospitality groups in both Europe and the U.S.; and has been appointed new Managing Director for the Parisian Property on January 24th, 2022.
5-stars Palace awarded Hotel
THE PENINSULA PARIS
History & Story
The Peninsula Paris is located in one of Paris’ most iconic hotels. This “Grande Dame”, which opened in 1908, enjoyed decades of hosting the rich and famous, the titled and tycoons, together with leading lights in the world of the arts, literature and music during the “Belle Époque” and Roaring Twenties, when Paris was at the height of its creativity and glamour.
The Peninsula Paris is located in a late 19th century classic French building with Haussmann and Neo-classic details. Steeped in history, it has been meticulously restored and discreetly modernised with the ultimate in 21st century convenience.
Six years in the making, some of France’s finest artisans were hand-picked to undertake this stunning restoration. From the building façade to interior elements including fine marble, rich wood panelling and gold leaf finishing, the result is the ultimate in French craftmanship.
Main strengths, special touch
• Rooftop restaurant with 360 views of Paris – Gastronomic 2-Michelin Stars
• Suites with private rooftop terraces with views overlooking Paris skyline
• Connecting options: Guaranteed connecting rooms or suites make family-and-friends stays easy
• Private parking with VIP entrance
• Peninsula Time: Letting you arrive earlier, stay longer.
• Peninsula technology throughout the hotel
Ideally situated along Avenue Kléber with views over the Eiffel Tower and within walking distance of the Arc de Triomphe and some of the world’s most famous monuments, museums and luxury shopping districts, The Peninsula Paris sits in the heart of the 16th arrondissement, a truly romantic, residential and peaceful neighbourhood where lovers and families enjoy wandering in the streets to the birds chirping. Surrounded with embassies, this area is one of the most secured in Paris.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Arc de Triomphe
• Musee d’Art Moderne de la ville de Paris/Palais de Tokyo
• Musee Baccarat
• Eiffel Tower
• Grand Palais
• Place de la Concorde
• The bespoke Lasvit chandelier is comprised of 900 individual, hand-blown glass plane leaves.
• 20,000 pieces of gold leaf, of 8 cm x 8 cm, were used in the restoration of The hotel.
• The 4 main wood and gold leaf columns in The Lobby represent the theatre, the four seasons, hunting and music.
200 rooms, including 93 suites
Designed to perfection with distinct Parisian influences, signature Peninsula functionality, all spacious rooms and suites are embellished with meticulously curated artworks, elegant furniture, ambient lighting and the ultimate in proprietary technology.
The Peninsula Paris guestrooms have been designed with the modern luxury traveller in mind. In addition to the bedroom, living area and bathroom, each offers a generous separate dressing area with expansive luggage and wardrobe space , together with a valet box.
The sumptuous and spacious marble bathrooms are the ultimate indulgence. Featuring separate rain showers, deep soaking bathtubs and double washbasins, together with inset televisions for pure relaxation, superlative bathroom amenities add yet another level to the impeccable Peninsula experience.
Revolutionary in-room proprietary Peninsula technology sets new standards of guest personalisation, with fully customised interactive digital bedside and desk tablets preset in any one of 11 languages. Everything is controlled and accessed at the touch of a button.
Rooms categories :
– Deluxe Room (40m²)
– Premier Room (45m²)
– Grand Premier Room (45m²)
– Junior Suite (60m²)
– Superior Suite (70m²)
– Deluxe Suite (85m²)
– Grand Premier Suite (100m²)
– Rooftop Garden Suite (120m²)
– The Katara Suite (180m²)
– The Historic Suite (217m²)
– The Peninsula Suite (318m²)
Restaurants & Bars
• Le Lobby: an all-day dining venue which also serves the renowned Peninsula Afternoon Tea and Sunday Brunch. This large reception room has been meticulously restored by French master craftsmen and is one of the jewels of Parisian addresses.
• The Kleber Terrace: La Terrasse Kléber, which offers direct pedestrian access from Avenue Kléber is a perfect spot to relax, see and be seen. With the pleasant feeling of being in a bubble away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the spacious terrace is a dreamy spot to enjoy the sunny days in the City of Light.
• In-Room Dining: available 24 hours, daily
• The Bar Kleber: Oak woodwork, gilded moldings and majestic mirrors – each element meticulously restored paying tribute to the unique heritage this room has witnessed – It was here that Henry Kissinger negotiated the Paris Peace Accords ending the Vietnam War in 1973: an intimate location to enjoy homemade cocktails.
• LiLi Restaurant: Chinese opera singer of the 1920s, LiLi welcomes you to a unique fine-dining journey, taking centre stage in the middle of theatrical decor. Here, our Chinese Chefs unveil a gastronomic menu that combines the subtleties of Chinese culinary art with French Savoir-faire. A brand new Brunch is offered every Saturday featuring all of the restaurant’s classics.
• The Lounge Kleber: an intimate private venue for cigar aficionados.
• L’Oiseau Blanc: In a unique setting on Paris’ rooftops, L’Oiseau Blanc team offers a new menu to discover Chef David Bizet’s signature dishes. Using seasonal products, the Chef has created dishes with audacious and harmonious flavours, combining the finest products with more simple ingredients. In front of the Eiffel Tower, the experience should be memorable.
Catering to guests’ health and fitness needs is The Peninsula Spa, which occupies 1,800 square metres of the Basement 1 level of the hotel. An oasis of calm in the city, The Spa offers six private treatment rooms, two VIP couples’ suites, an indoor heated 20-metre swimming pool with underwater mood LED lighting and a separate whirlpool, as well as a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre and other facilities for the ultimate in luxury and relaxation.
Corporate & Celebration Events
At The Peninsula Paris, special events become extraordinary and unforgettable occasions. With a collection of distinctive function spaces, impeccable attention to detail from a dedicated team of event planners, and an array of bespoke services, ranging from luxury transport to cuttingedge conference technology to specially tailored culinary menus, The Peninsula Paris ensures that gatherings both grand and intimate make a singular impression.
The Peninsula Paris offers a variety of sophisticated meeting spaces to accommodate business conferences, each with its own distinct character and functionality. Enhancements including IT support, special seating configurations, and personalised coffee and meal services allow meetings to proceed seamlessly.
Dining is an art in France and the International culinary team at The Peninsula Paris delights in preparing sumptuous business
lunches, banquets and dinners. Fine French, International or Cantonese feasts can be created for every type of event, and the Executive Chef curates bespoke menus to impress even the most discerning gourmets.
Extra Notable Features
Meticulously designed to give our guests unique and unprecedented access to historical, cultural and local lifestyle experiences in each Peninsula destination, The Peninsula Academy offers a collection of bespoke programmes for both adults and children. With the perfect balance of lifestyle and culture, The Peninsula Paris’ Academy gives exclusive access to some of the city’s most fascinating locations and cultural gems.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Receiving Palace Distinction in 2016
• Proud to be awarded once again 5-star by the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for 2023
• The gastronomic restaurant L’Oiseau Blanc has been awarded 1-Michelin Star in 2021
• The gastronomic restaurant L’Oiseau Blanc has been awarded 2-Michelin Stars in 2022 and 2023
• Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 (#1 Hotels in Paris), 2022 (#10) – 6th consecutive year
• « Distinction Palace” since 2016
• 2-Michelin Stars in 2023 at L’Oiseau Blanc – for the second consecutive year
• 5-star Hotel by the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide in 2023 – for the eight consecutive year
• Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice 2023 – for the sixth consecutive year
Number of employees