The Vintage Hotel & Spa – Lisbon Portugal
The Vintage Hotel & Spa – Lisbon
Rua Rodrigo da Fonseca 2 1250- 191 Lisboa, Portugal
Date of Creation
Under our ownership since August 2017
Hotel General Manager
Nicolas Roucos is a hotelier carrying over 20 years of baggage worth of experience with him, having served in various roles in independent boutique and chain hotels. He represented Millennium Hotels & Resorts in Belgium, France, and the UK for a large part of his career. In Portugal, he worked with the pioneer hotel chain Alexandre de Almeida Hotels and award-winning Inspira Hotels. He spearheaded 3 hotel openings in his career and was involved as a consultant in various projects across different countries. His passion is marketing, and he is an avid foodie, wine amateur and active sports fan.
5-star boutique hotel
Quality over quantity is what best describes Bomporto’s philosophy and policies. They believe that providing high-end, personable service, and world-class experiences without being pretentious is the way forward. Focusing on Portuguese tradition while being innovative and thinking ahead is their motto. Counting with two unique boutique hotels in the heart of Lisbon, The Lumiares Hotel & Spa, and The Vintage Hotel & Spa, this group will be opening a third hotel – The Rebello Hotel & Spa – in Porto in 2022.
The Vintage Hotel & Spa – Lisbon
History & Story
The Vintage is a 5-star boutique hotel perfectly situated at the crossroads of Lisbon’s trendiest and most fashionable neighborhoods: Avenida da Liberdade and Príncipe Real. Drawing upon the authenticity of the city and the personality and charm of a historic building, the Vintage is a celebration of Lisbon, its architecture, and its beauty. Offering mid-century design redefined for today’s living, all 56 rooms were decorated in a rich color palette – natural green, deep blue, and warm terracotta, each shade was carefully curated to bring the spaces different atmosphere to fulfill its philosophy: Inspire, Relax, Play.
Just like its sister hotel, The Lumiares, The Vintage provides guests with a very personal definition of luxury deeply rooted in culture and showcasing the best of Portugal’s artwork, artisans, and local products.
The Vintage hotel was acquired by Bomporto Hotels in August 2017, reopening with its completely new design in May 2019. Designed by Quiet Studios creative team and with artwork selections made by Omey Projects, featuring several artists such as Brian de Graf and João Rei.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• A unique hotel that stands out from the crowd with a décor inspired by mid-century design reinvented for today. Inspired in generations or architects, industrial designers, Portuguese artists and artisans.
• One-off art and design in every corner.
• Off the beaten track rooftop with some of the best views over the city – a vertical garden and Lisbon oasis.
• An immersive sanctuary and intimist spa where body, mind and soul can become reconnected.
Nestled in between Avenida da Liberdade and Príncipe Real, Lisbon’s most fashionable and sought-after neighbourhoods, the Vintage is steps away from:
• Prestigious luxury brands in the world and unique boutique shops
• Excellent restaurants and bustling bards
• Art galleries and museums
• Breath taking viewpoints and leafy noble squares
• Cafés and parks
Key sites/activities in the area
• Sightseeing with breath takingviews over the city and river (must visit São Pedro de Alcântara viewpoint)
• Shopping in the most privileged boulevard (Lisbon’s Champs-Élysées) or the design district of Príncipe Real
• Visit Príncipe Real Botanical Gardens or Parque Eduardo VII
• Countless picturesque outdoors cafés with live music
• Iconic 28 tram
• The Vintage hotel design and amenities were inspired in Mad Men. From the velvet sofas to the low curvy tables to the DIY cocktail trolleys in every room.
• Every room’s palette has been carefully selected to create and induce a specific atmosphere and feeling.
• Children’s menu with high chairs available upon request
• Children arts and crafts welcome kit
• Baby cots, upon request
• Babysitting services and Family-friendly city tours, upon request (additional charge)
• Number of suites:
2x Vintage Corner Suites from 40 to 50sqm, offering a panoramic view of the city, featuring a spacious seating area, work desk, sofa, vintage bar cart, mini bar, A/C, Bathrobes, cable TV, coffee and tea machine, vintage telephone, Bathroom with double sinks, and double rain head shower, bidet, and hairdryer. Benamôr beauty amenities.
1x Vintage Castle Suite with 54sqm with large windows revealing a panoramic view of both the city and castle, with a spacious seating area, work desk, sofa, vintage bar cart, mini bar, A/C, Bathrobes, cable TV, coffee and tea machine, vintage telephone, Bathroom with double sinks, and double rain head shower, bidet, and hairdryer. Benamôr beauty amenities.
• Number of luxury rooms, (keys) in all:
41x Vintage Superior rooms from 24 sqm to 29sqm, featuring a sitting area, vintage bar cart, mini bar, A/C, Bathrobes, cable TV, coffee and tea machine, vintage telephone, Bathroom with rain head shower, bidet, and hairdryer. Benamôr beauty amenities.
12x Vintage Deluxe rooms from 26sqm to 31sqm with room for up to 3 (with extra bed). Features a sitting area & desk, vintage bar cart, mini bar, A/C, Bathrobes, cable TV, coffee and tea machine, vintage telephone, Bathroom with rain head shower, bidet, and hairdryer. Benamôr beauty amenities.
Restaurants & Bars
Blue restaurant & bar – With a chic yet relaxing atmosphere, Blue o¬ffers the best of Portuguese cuisine from the sea and land. Original set-up: 56 seats.
V Rooftop Bar – A sky-high urban oasis, with cocktails and snacks. Original set-up: 24 seats
The Hangout Room – Our lobby bar with delicious cocktails while sharing your favorite music tracks on a bespoke vintage record player by the open fireplace. Original set-up: 15 seats
Tranquillity water lounge (sauna, steam room, chromatic pool, relaxing room), Vichy Shower, and 3 treatment rooms.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Principe Real Meeting Room(s): 1 multifunctional meeting room with daylight, convertible in 2, both with daylight. Full equipped. Up to 110 people in theatre style.
V Rooftop for cocktails up to 70 people.
Blue restaurant up to 60 people in banquet style
Extra Notable Features
• Occasional yoga and meditation classes
• On-site vintage record player, available for guests
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Boutique Hotel Awards: Europe’s Best Chic Design Hotel – 2021
• TripAdvisor 2020 and 2021 Travelers’ Best of Best Choice (top 1%)
Number of employees