The Woodward, Oetker Collection Switzerland
The Woodward, Oetker Collection
Quai Wilson, 37, Geneva, Switzerland
Date of Creation
September, 1st 2021
Hotel General Manager
Mr Alessio Minetto
The Woodward, a new Oetker collection property, set to become a beacon of elegance and culture in the heart of Geneva.
History & Story
A little more than a century after its initial grand opening, the building at 37 Quai Wilson is returning to its original purpose. As of September 1, 2021, it will be home to The Woodward, a five-star hotel located in the heart of Geneva. Heads of state, royalty and artists from around the world once gathered behind the neoclassical façade of this historic building, constructed in 1901 by French architect François Durel. Named L’Hôtel Bellevue, the institution later gave way to a private bank before being acquired by the Bastion Holdings group, who have now returned it to its former glory.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The property has been entirely renovated by the renowned architectural firm Pierre-Yves Rochon with 26 spacious suites in a refined, contemporary style. Featuring two gourmet restaurants led chef Olivier Jean, as well as a Guerlain Spa ready to welcome both international visitors and local Genevans alike, The Woodward offers the most discerning of traveler a warm welcome that is both glamorous and authentic.
Located in the heart of Geneva in a historic post-Haussmann style building on Quai Wilson, The Woodward features an exceptional location with views of Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Jet d’Eau on Lake Geneva
• Day boat trip on Lake Geneva
• The museum of Art and History
• The flamed flower clock
• Saint Pierre Cathedral
• The historic Palais des Nations
• The Geneva botanical garden
• Carouge district
• CERN (European organization for Nuclear Research)
The Woodward’s 26 suites, each a full apartment, have been artfully arranged and decorated to achieve a unified look and feel. The sophisticated design is enhanced by unique decorative elements, including handcrafted wallpaper, wood marquetry sliding doors, Lalique door handles, majestic marble fireplaces and elegant bookcases.
The extra bed for children under 12 years old is complimentary. Children above 12 years old are at an additional fee of CHF 150 per night, breakfast included. Cribs are available without charge upon availability.
• Number of suites: 20 suites
• Number of Luxury rooms: 6 Junior-Suites
Restaurants & Bars
• L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon, the restaurant’s first Swiss location, is the hotel’s culinary crown jewel, dazzling guests with an unparalleled performance and an unforgettable meal. The restaurant has a direct entrance on Quai Wilson and features one main dining room and two private spaces. From their seats around a 36-person counter, guests can watch every move of Executive Chef Olivier Jean’s talented team as they flow quietly about the kitchen in carefully choreographed and well-rehearsed gestures.
• Le Jardinier, the brand’s first European address is known for its innovative dishes, which are largely gluten-free, lactose-free and plant-based. The restaurant’s culinary creations showcase French cooking techniques at their finest. Le Jardinier’s two verandas offer magnificent views of the lake and surrounding Alps. As a finishing touch, guests can enjoy desserts created by Salvatore Martone, a disciple of Robuchon and Head Pastry Chef of the Bastion Holdings group.
The Woodward will be home to the prestigious Club Woodward, comprised of a fitness center and a Guerlain Spa, the first Swiss location for the illustrious French brand. The private club covers more than 1,200 square meters and is reserved for hotel guests and select members. In addition to its indoor pool, the longest private pool in Geneva, the Spa features an ultramodern gym, two saunas, two hammams, two Swedish baths, a jacuzzi and six wellness rooms, including a double suite. Offering a wide selection of treatments, the Spa occupies two entire floors, creating an oasis dedicated to relaxation designed in the elegant style of the famous Guerlain name.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Le Jardinier private dinning room up to 10 persons.
Featuring lacquered woodwork, herringbone parquet floors and a large marble fireplace, the lounge offers abundant natural light during the day and is ideal for an elegant and cozy evening.
• L’Atelier Joel Robuchon – 2 private dinning rooms (10 and 12 persons) – can be connected to welcome up to 22 seats. These two adjacent lounges offer natural light and flexible space that can be used as a private lounge or as a single space with an elegant table.
Extra Notable Features
« Our hotels are all unique masterpieces, and The Woodward fits perfectly into our collection. With its extraordinary location, refined interior design and exciting culinary offerings, it is sure to offer a warm and luxurious hotel experience. I am confident that our values of family spirit, elegance and deep kindness will bring this iconic location to life and allow our guests to quickly feel at home in this new jewel on Lake Geneva. » Timo Gruenert, CEO of Oetker Collection
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Number of employees