Verdura Resort, a Rocco Forte Hotel Italy
Verdura Resort, a Rocco Forte Hotel
S.S. 115, Km 131, 92019 AG,
Rocco Forte Hotels
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr Giacomo Battafarano
5 star luxury
Opening in 2021 of 20 new Villas
Verdura Resort, a Rocco Forte Hotel
History & Story
Verdura Resort is set on 230 hectares, and nearly two kilometers of private Mediterranean coastline. There are three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants, five bars and much more. It’s a place where your room will seem woven subtly into the landscape. Where you’ll enjoy a true sense of space and uninterrupted views of the azure waters from your private terrace. Above all, it’s a place where you’ll discover an outstanding level of service.
The resort takes its name from the whole area and river called Verdura.
2015 – refurbishment works completed.
Every Winter – annual maintenance work during winter closure (December to March)
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Our location
• In the middle of an area of outstanding natural beauty & surrounded by the unique cultural attractions of Sicily
• Wide Range of activities within the resort, including our famous golf course and award winning Spa.
• Authentic Dining Experiences
• Sicily enjoys mild winters, making Verdura Resort a year-round destination.
Verdura Resort is situated on the south-west coast of Sicily, 15 minutes from the attractive seaside town of Sciacca. Set in a valley of olive groves, the luxury resort is 40km from the ancient town of Agrigento. The closest airport is Palermo, the island’s capital. Palermo International Airport is located on the West Coast whilst Catania Airport is located on the East Coast. Verdura Resort has its own helipad for guests wishing to arrive by helicopter. Transfers by private car from all airports can also be arranged. Alternatively, it is easy to hire a car from all three main airports.
Key sites/activities in the area
Skydiving or a wine tour. Renaissance palaces or a private flight above rocky mountain ranges, olive groves and sandy beaches. Sicily offers a fascinating mix of activities. We’re here to help you access them with ease. Explore ancient sights and churches in nearby Sciacca. A short distance away, Agrigento is home to the Valley of the Temples, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The capital, Palermo, is just over an hour’s drive, and the Aeolian, Egadi and Pelagian islands can be reached by helicopter from the resort.
Explore our cycle trails in the grounds by bicycle, or our trekking routes where you can explore the landscape. Tee off on our championship golf courses or improve your game at our tennis and football academies. Cool off in the sea with one of our many watersport activities or play volleyball by the beach. And for all gourmet lovers, Verdura has a wide range of culinary experiences, such as learning to cook authentic Sicilian cuisine or tasting local wines.
Several years ago, Verdura launched a brand new 450m2 Kids Club, Verdùland. As part of the Rocco Forte Hotels’ Families R Forte programme, Verdura will ensure that younger guests, babies, kids or teens, will receive just as many treats as the grown-ups. New adventures, discoveries and skills await Verdura’s younger guests. Whether looking to learn, to cook, to create or to play, with so many activities to choose from, little ones will always be entertained which means parents will be happy too !
Number of Rooms: 203 + 20 Private Villas
•58 Deluxe Rooms
40 sqm rooms decorated in a fresh contemporary style inspired by Sicily, with a sea facing outside terrace.
• 66 Superior Rooms :
40 sqm room with direct access to the garden, and including sun beds.
• 17 Superior Deluxe Rooms :
40 sqm room – front line villas with direct access to the garden, including sun beds.
• 15 Junior Suite :
60 sqm room, – featuring a large and bright open plan room with separate living area, on the first floor, and with private balconies.
• 9 Classic Suites :
60 sqm room, located on the ground floor with outside garden featuring a private seating area and sun beds.
• 20 Grand Suites :
72 sqm room, facing the seafront, generous living room with a small kitchen, large separate bedroom and king size bed with private terrace, seating area and sun beds outside.
• 3 Pool Suites :
Starting from 156 sqm 3 or 4 Bedroom accommodations, featuring a private pool with sun beds, a living room with dining space and kitchenette, plus a further outside dining terrace
• 3 Villa Suites:
250 sqm 3 Bedroom accommodations, featuring a private pool with sun beds, a living room with dining space and kitchenette, plus a further outside terrace
• 20 Private Villas:
Starting from 217 sqm 3 or 4 Bedroom Villas, spread over two floors, rise with the gentle slopes of the sun-soaked coast. The ground floor is dedicated to serene and spacious living. An open floorplan combines a fully equipped kitchen with the dining and living areas, step in via the private pool or from a sequestered personal pathway. Villa Corallo is part of Traveller Made.
Restaurants & Bars
• Zagara Restaurant : Italian Fine Dining
• Restaurant Amare : Local Fish specialities
• Liola’ Restaurant : Sicilian trattoria, sicilian specialities
• Buon Giorno Restaurant : Serving daily breakfast with an outside terrace
• Granita Bar : unique terrace overlooking the pool
• Torre Bar : Drinks and a Buffet Lunch a tour Clubhouse Bar
• Spa Bar : menu designed by Michelin-starred chef Pietro Leemann, mostly vegetarian plates using vegetables from our garden.
• Pool Bar : facing the pool, offering a lighter menu and drinks throughout the day
Our Chef : Former 2 Michelin star Maestro Fulvio Pierangelini, who supervises all restaurants of Verdura
• 4,000 sqm Spa
• 20m heated indoor pool
• 4 outdoor heated Thalasso pools
• 170m2 state-of-the-art gym and fitness studio
• Double-height steam room, along with Finnish and infrared saunas
• Fitness, Detox, Anti-Ageing and Wellness programs are available plus a variety of private classes in Yoga, Stretching, Qi Gong, Mindfulness and Pilates Classes.
A wide variety of treatments from facials to massage, available using ‘Rocco Forte Organics’, Sepai or Pevonia in one of our many treatment rooms.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Ballroom for up to 300 guests
• 7 meeting rooms with a range of capacity, from 25 to 300 people
All meeting rooms have natural daylight and feature wide terraces overlooking the Sicilian countryside.
Extra Notable Features
• 2 championship 18-hole golf courses and a 9-hole par-3 course, all designed by golf champion Kyle Phillips.
• Just under 2kms of private beach featuring a watersports centre
• Cooking classes available with Fulvio Pierangelini or one of our Executive Chefs.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Best Medical Spa Award
Italian Spa Awards
TOP 100 RESORTS IN CONTINENTAL EUROPE 2017
NO.1 GOLF RESORT IN ITALY
NO.4 GOLF RESORT IN EUROPE
EHMA SUSTANABILITY AWARD
BEST INTERNATIONAL RESORT
GOLF DIGEST AWARDS
Number of employees
From 250 to 400 people, depending on the season.