Villa Dagmar Sweden
Nybrogatan 25-27, 114 39, Stockholm
Date of Creation:
Hotel General Manager:
Sune M Malmström Partner and General Manager
5- Star Luxury Boutique Hotel part of LVX Preferred Hotels and Resorts
History & Story:
The inspiration behind Villa Dagmar is a person within the owner family Dagmar Bergsten; a modern, worldly and curious individual, with a passion for travel, culture and social scenes.
The name Villa Dagmar originated from Karl and Dagmar’s private residence in Båstad, a classic and elegant home surrounded by a beautiful rose garden. Villa Dagmar, then much like today, was an escape from the bustling city, an eclectic and cozy gathering place for friends and family during the 1920-30s. The villa was filled with fresh flowers and decorated with the extensive art collection that the couple acquired during long trips, through Europe but also Egypt. In their collection were works by old Flemish and Italian masters, as well as 18th and 19th century French furniture and sculptures. The residence was inspired by Villa D’este in Rome and by Villa San Michele in Capri, which was built by world-famous author Axel Munthe. Axel, who was Queen Victoria’s doctor and rumoured lover, lived at Nybrogatan 25 – 27, where Villa Dagmar is located today.
The founders of Villa Dagmar, the Malmström family, have been the successful owners of Hotel Diplomat since the 1960s. Their relentless pursuit of creating premium and memorable hotel experiences have put them in the forefront of Sweden’s hospitality business.
Open 2021, Architects: Stockholm City Architects at Tengbom Arkitekter and Per Öberg Architect Design
Main Strengths, Special Touch:
History: Privately owned by the Malmström family. The founders of Villa Dagmar, the Malmström family, have been the successful owners of Hotel Diplomat since the 1960s. Their relentless pursuit of creating premium and memorable hotel experiences have put them in the forefront of Sweden’s hospitality business.
Location: Prime location in the midst of Stockholm’s best boutiques, museums and restaurants
Villa Dagmar is located on the prominent street of Nybrogatan adjacent to Stockholm’s oldest food hall, Östermalms Saluhall.
All-encompassing Destination: Variety of Food & Beverage options, recreational experiences and in-house entertainment.
Villa Dagmar is located in one of Stockholm’s most delightful areas, Östermalm.
• Close proximity to shopping, restaurants and museums.
• 40 minutes by car from Arlanda Airport
• 5 min from local transport
• 10 min by car from Central Train Station & Arlanda Express
Key sites/activities in the area:
• The award-nominated and renowned food hall, Östermalmshallen, is adjacent to Villa Dagmar. The food hall has undergone a vast renovation and open its doors in March 2020.
• Situated in the heart of Stockholm between the financial district and the natural scenery of Djurgården and the beautiful harbour, Nybroviken.
• Nybrogatan is a pedestrian street with a nice variety of shopping and great restaurants. As a guest you will have everything within an arm’s reach from the hotel.
• The Royal Theater, The Vasa Museum, Nationalmuseum, Museum of Modern Art are just a few museums located within a nice walking distance.
• Scandinavia is world famous for its great interior, our guests will find a few of Stockholm’s best interior shops next to the hotel, such as Svenskt Tenn, Asplunds and Modernity
Villa Dagmar is adjacent to Scandinavia’s oldest food hall, which gives our guests a wonderful opportunity to explore local delicacies. Art and Music have always played a significant role within the owner’s family. We are delighted to bring these into Villa Dagmar and share these interests and experiences with Serandipidans guests through specially curated programmes to enhance our guests stay at Villa Dagmar. We have a series of on-going art exhibitions, welcoming local artists and DJs who create a vibrant atmosphere in our stunning glassed covered courtyard.
Villa Dagmar welcome children of all ages and make sure to give them a warm welcome with a variety of amenities.
We offer our little guests bathrobes, Villa Dagmar Bunny, coloring books and crayons, children’s books, baby bathing amenities.
Please note we do not offer extra beds instead we recommend our connecting options to secure the comfort of their stay. We do offer cribs.
• Number of suites: 3
2 One Bedroom Suite (can be connected to a Deluxe Room creating a 2-bedroom Suite)
42 sqm / 180 cm king size bed: An extravagant, bright and stylish suite with a separate living area and connecting possibilities for the ultimate penthouse feel. The suite is beautifully decorated in the classic Villa Dagmar style with furnishings and decor from exclusive Scandinavian and Italian designers. Views overlooking Nybrogatan.
1 Courtyard Suite:
40 sqm / 180 cm king-size bed: Luxurious, intimate and totally unique. A chich suite with a separate spacious living area and a fantastic view of our beautiful courtyard. More space, hand-picked Italian and Scandinavian design in the highest quality and a grand inviting marble bathroom.
• Number of Luxury rooms: 67
16 Small Double Room
18 – 22 sqm / 160 cm queen size bed: An intimate and cozy atmosphere, a classic and contemporary design and furnished with all the amenities you need. The hotel rooms represent the classic Villa Dagmar style and include a beautiful bathroom in marble. Views of either the courtyards or the city.
33 Double Superior Rooms
20 – 24 sqm / 160 – 180 cm double bed: Beautifully decorated with bright and classic design, an inviting bathroom in marble and all designer choices representing the signature Villa Dagmar feel. Views over one of our courtyards or the city.
12 Deluxe Rooms
26 – 28 sqm / 180 cm king size bed: Spacious and beautifully decorated with handpicked Swedish and Italian design of the highest quality. The hotel rooms offer stunning views over one of our beautiful courtyards or overlooking Stockholm city. The rooms also have a generous seating area, connecting possibilities and a luxurious bathroom in marble.
6 Deluxe Balcony Rooms
24 – 28 sqm / 180 cm king size bed: Located on the top floor, offering either open-sky or glass-roof covered balconies with a spectacular view of our beautiful courtyard or overlooking Stockholm city. The hotel rooms are spacious, bright with furniture and decor from carefully selected designers of the highest quality.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 70
Restaurants & Bars:
• The Villa Dagmar Restaurant: The restaurant offers a modern, warm and contemporary environment with a clear international atmosphere. Mediterranean Fusion, Contemporary Gastronomy and The Real New Nordic are a few of our inspirational keywords.
• THE GARDEN / BAR: Our beautiful courtyard with the magnificent glass roof atrium is a vibrant meeting place that gives you the feeling of visiting a unique city villa. A sophisticated playful venue to cater all moods and moments from early mornings to late evenings. On the bar menu you will find fantastic wines, a rich catalogue of cocktails and a handpicked selection of the very best from our restaurant menu. In the Garden we always offer delicious weekly lunch specials.
• DAGGES: Our wine bar – it is a laidback hot spot where we have gathered the cream of the crop when it comes to Mediterranean wine culture.
We are proud to collaborate with two of Sweden’s most innovative and acclaimed chefs Daniel Höglander and Niclas Jönsson, owners and chefs, at the award-winning Michelin restaurant Aloë.
We have our very own bakery and patisserie at the hotel. Here we offer freshly made bread, cakes and pastry with the highest quality ingredients. Whether celebrating a special event such as a birthday, engagement or anniversary, or if you simply wish to add that festive feeling to any occasion all of our cakes are made by our talented pastry chef.
• With today’s fast pace we have created a sanctuary; Dagmar Spirit & Retreat, a place where our guests will find classic favourites alongside innovative treatments with elements of modern spirituality, where we think the body and soul belong together.
• Our modern and well-equipped fitness centre is directly connected to Dagmar Spirit & Retreat and is specially adapted for the discerning travellers that seek after something extra. We offer personal training with some of the country’s top personal trainers.
Corporate & Celebration Events:
• BERGSTEN: Is a perfect chambre separée suited for all types of events and private dinners for up to 18 people, with a fantastic view of our beautiful courtyard. 16 people.
• KARAMELLFABRIKEN: Is our largest room, perfect for exclusive launches, creative workshops and larger private dinners for up to 40 people.
Extra Notable Features:
• GONG HEALING & SOUND BATH: Bathe in the sound waves of one of the world’s oldest instruments, a unique form of self-healing and transformation. The classes are held every Saturday at 09.00.
Number of employees: