Villa E Palazzo Aminta Italy
Villa e Palazzo Aminta, Hotel Beauty & Spa
Via sempione nord, 123 – 28838 Stresa (vb)
Privately owned – Zanetta Family
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager:
Mr. Fabio Vigitello
A positively energetic, dynamic and distinguished international hotel general manager with a background in food & beverage. Excellent management experience with a proven successful track record of international achievements in Italy, China, and the United Kingdom by delivering strategies and plans to improve the performance, brand identity and profitability in complex and time pressured environments with vision, creativity, innovation and attention to detail.
A highly pragmatic and proactive profit-led entrepreneurial leader and team player, who has the ability to educate, motivate, inspire and manage a team to successfully deliver exceptional results.
5-star Luxury, Leading Hotel of the World – Virtuoso – Selected – Signature –
Vita Agency – Visa – DCA certificate – MPI
Villa e Palazzo Aminta, Hotel Beauty & Spa
History & Story
Initially built as the personal residence of the Admiral of the Royal Navy Francesco Capece, the hotel still bears the name of his dear, beloved wife Aminta. In 1918, the Admiral, in love with the gentle contours of the landscape of the lake, decided to lay the foundations for his refined home on these green slopes. In the decades that passed, numerous representatives of the Belle Epoque walked through the halls of what was then Admiral Capece’s residence. In 1926, Paolo Troubetzkoy, a great artist with Russian origins, born in the nearby Intra, made a sculpture to his friend, the Irish playwright, George Bernard Shaw, who visited Lake Maggiore as a guest of the Admiral and his wife, and was captivated by the incredibly beautiful landscape.
On 2023 season we are going to open new 5 suite on the hotel and a main 3 bedrooms luxury apartment with private garden on our park facing the Borromeo islands.
On the next years we are going to develop the area side lake with new bar and lounge area, connected with the hotel by a tunnel.
On the short term we will made larger our spa and our garden close to restaurant.
We made a new area on 2016 with 15 rooms and suite, and we renovated many rooms in 2018 and in 2019.
Date Added Extensions
The part of Palazzo has been added in 2011.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Villa e Palazzo Aminta maintains the innate family spirit that seems to be embodied in every stone used to build it. While walking slowly through its lavish rooms and its rich corridors you can clearly perceive its warm and reassuring soul. The Villa has been extended and embellished with antique furniture, stuccoes, chandeliers, precious tapestries, arabesques and oriental-style volutes, paying tribute to the historical relationship with the Republic of Venice “Gateway to the East”.
The Zanetta family has skilfully restored the building to its original splendour, recreating a fairy-tale charm and carrying out an accurate renovation where elegance and classical character blend with the most modern and advanced technological standards, generating a union of simplicity and freshness in every one of the Hotel’s rooms. It is a luxury hotel, surrounded by flowering azaleas and delicate fragrances, the concept of which, in typical Italian style, reflects Beatrice and Roberto Zanetta’s refined sensitivity with regard to art and a taste for refinement.
Villa e Palazzo Aminta is not just place in which you can rest and regenerate yourself. The hotel and its magnificent landscape offer guests at Villa e Palazzo Aminta the opportunity to devote themselves, body and soul, to numerous different and engaging activities.
From fast-paced sports to the richest and most moving museums, passing through the most lavish and elegant shopping streets. Everything contributes to giving guests at Villa e Palazzo Aminta a complete and harmonious stay, in the extraordinary setting of Lake Maggiore and the Borromeo Islands.
Available to guests at the Hotel, there is the beautiful swimming pool overlooking the lake and the solarium with a magnificent view of the Borromean Islands.
There are numerous summer water sports like water-skiing, parasailing and watercraft, which can be practiced by making use of the beach and the moorings with which the Hotel is equipped. Moreover, guests can rent recreational motorboats to organize trips to the Islands and excursions departing from our piers.
The Hotel also offers a convenient and fun bicycle service for visiting Stresa and the surrounding areas, in a sport and healthy way.
Winter sports can easily be practiced thanks to the Hotel’s strategic position. The nearby Italian and Swiss mountain ranges make it possible to get to the best ski resorts and practice all the alpine winter sports.
The nature park, set in lush vegetation, invites you to take long romantic walks amidst the evergreen plants in every season, including tall palm trees and azalea bushes, camellias and flowering rhododendrons.
A few minutes from the Villa, you can reach stables allowing you to ride in harmony with nature.
Villa e Palazzo Aminta is located in Stresa (Verbania), on the scenic coastal road that runs from Arona to the Swiss border, on the Piedmont side of Lake Maggiore.
Overlooking the three beautifuls Borromran Islands, enjoy an unforgettable and breathtaking landscape.
In 1966, Liz Taylor and Richard Burton chose Villa Aminta for one of their countless romantic getaways.
Villa e Palazzo Aminta has 66 rooms in total of eleven different categories, set on five different floors, each with its own colour and different decoration, all equipped with precious furniture, Jacuzzi bathtub, single or double sink, quilts stuffed with goose down, safe, hairdryer, complimentary mini-bar soft drinks, beer and mineral water (replaced daily), welcome in room mineral water with daily refill, pillows menu, direct phone line, TV sat, 24h room service, private balcony or terrace (disabled facilities – access entrance ramp for disabled – some rooms are suitable for wheelchairs) as follows:
• 02 Single Attic Mansarda rooms with skylight – approx 20 sqm (215 sq feet)
• 12 Superior Park View – approx 22 sqm (237 sq feet) + 8 sqm (86 sq feet) of balcony
• 04 Deluxe Amintina Lake View – approx 24 sqm (258 sq feet) + 14 sqm (151 sq feet) of ground floor patio
• 04 Junior Suite Park View – approx. 40 sqm (430 sq feet) + 10 sqm (107 sq feet) of balcony
• 11 Deluxe Lake Side View – approx 22 sqm (237 sq feet) + 8 sqm (86 sq feet) of balcony
• 16 Deluxe Front Lake View – approx 26 sqm (280 sq feet) + 9 sqm (97 sq feet) of balcony
• 07 Junior Suite Lake View – approx 38 sqm (409 sq feet) + 15 sqm (162 sq feet) of private terrace overlooking the lake
• 06 Suite Belvedere Lake View – approx 60 sqm (646 sq feet) + 14 sqm (151 sq feet) of balcony
• 02 Suite Liz Taylor Lake View – approx 122 sqm (1.313 sq feet) + 38 sqm (409 sq feet) of panoramic terrace
• 01 Suite La Borromea Lake View – approx 105 sqm (1.130 sq feet) + 100 sqm (1.076 sq feet) of panoramic terrace with private
Restaurants & Bars
• Le Isole restaurant (breakfast buffet, Lunch and Dinner with gourmet menu)
• I Mori restaurant (dinner with a la carte menu)
• Bar I Principi
Half board available upon request, with an extra of euro 69 per person (three courses, beverage not included)
• Aminta SPA
• 1 Fitness room
• 1 outdoor swimming pool with shallow water area
• 1 internal Grotto Camelia with thermarium
Corporate & Celebrations events
• The Borromea meeting room – capacity up to 120 people
• Lake garden available for wedding symbolic ceremony – capacity up to 200 guests
• Our panoramic restaurant with astonishing view on the lake – capacity up to 120 people
• Charming and panoramic garden close to the “Le Isole” restaurant, suitable for aperitifs or welcome drinks
Extra Notable Features
• In house Cooking experiences and wine tasting
• Pet friendly hotel
• Concierge available 24/7
• Live music during dinner service (three a week)
• Cheese tasting avaiable every Friday night
• Sweet buffet available every Saturday night
• Barbeque every Thursday night during summer season (June-September)
• External services: golf courses nearby, pony club, horseriding, mountainbike, canyoning, lake water sposr, boat rental
Number of Employees
During the season from 75 to 90 employees