Villa Sant’Andrea, A Belmond Hotel Taormina Mare, Italy
Villa Sant’Andrea, A Belmond Hotel, Taormina Mare
Via Nazionale 137, 98039, Taormina Mare
Date of Creation
1830, the property of Belmond since 2010
Hotel General Manager
Giovanni Nastasi – of Sicilian origins, he was previously General Manager at Grand Hotel Timeo in Taormina, and moved to Villa Sant’Andrea when Belmond purchased both properties in 2010.
Villa Sant’Andrea, A Belmond Hotel, Taormina Mare
History & Story
It is fitting that Villa Sant’Andrea began life in the 1950s as a hidden hideaway. Perched on an idyllic stretch of Sicilian coast, this former villa oozes glamour and old-world charm. There’s something special in the air—relaxing in such magical surroundings gives new meaning to the phrase ‘la dolce vita’. A stay at Villa Sant’Andrea feels like reconnecting with long lost friends. We preserve the personality of an elegant private residence: you’ll be greeted with cool homemade lemonade when you arrive, and alfresco breakfasts offer a bounty of hand-picked local fruit. It’s these little details that will help you sink into a world of calm as soothing as the sound of the ocean. Balconies are bejeweled with bright geraniums, and lush terraced gardens lead down to our picturesque pebbled beach.
Light refurbishment on some rooms and suites in 2020 and creation of a new suite.
Date added extensions
– 2014: new wing added on the right side of the hotel, with an Infinity Pool and more Junior Suites facing the sea
– 2015: the private beach was extended and 6 luxury beach cabanas were added
Main Strengths, Special Touch
– Incredible location on its own private beach with cabanas facing the pristine waters
– Tropical gardens and feeling of a private villa
– Stunning infinity pool on the edge of the Bay of Mazzarò
– Wellness Centre, in a private area of the gardens, offering a range of treatments based on local ingredients
– Complimentary daily boat excursions during summer
– Complimentary shuttle service to Taormina historic centre and the sister property Grand Hotel Timeo
Located on the Bay of Mazzarò, the hotel boasts a prime position in the heart of Taormina’s seaside district. It is perfectly positioned between verdant, subtropical gardens and the dazzling Mediterranean Sea. The shops, bars and cafes of central Taormina are only three minutes away by cable car.
Key sites/activities in the area
– Sunset cruise to Isola Bella followed by private dinner by the sea
– Jump aboard a traditional Sicilian fishing boat and be wowed by the Blue Grotto, Isola Bella, Cape Taormina and much more.
– Paddle surf in the Bay of Mazzarò
– Tours of Taormina on an Ape Calessino
– Discover the secrets of Noto. Visit sumptuous palaces, savour the best traditional pastries at Caffé Sicilia and enjoy exclusive access to Sergio Fiorentino’s atelier.
– Explore a clam farm near Messina and meet a local firsherman.
– Sail to the magical island of Filicudi to feast on warm Aeolian hospitality.
– Sample the rare vintage wines of Mount Etna, joining experts on a visit to some of the best local wineries.
Once per week during summer the hotel’s beach is illuminated with candles and torches to create the perfect setting for an exclusive barbecue by the sea.
Little ones will be entertained by our English-speaking tutor in the dedicated Smile Club, available from 4 to 12 years old in summer months. From sand castle contests and climbing to beach bag decorating, children will be captivated.
Choose from 70 elegant rooms and suites, most with balconies or spacious terraces facing the
hotel’s private beach and the aquamarine waters of the Bay of Mazzarò. Connecting rooms are
available on request.
Villa Sant’Andrea Suite
Two Bedroom Pool Suite
Premium Sea View Suite
Deluxe Sea View Suite with Balcony
Premium Sea View Junior Suite with Balcony
Deluxe Sea View Junior Suite with Balcony or Terrace
Superior Sea View Junior Suite with Balcony
Garden View Junior Suite
Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony or Terrace
Superior Sea View Room
Garden View Room
All accommodation includes: Air conditioning • 24-hour room service • Minibar • Complimentary
WiFi • Twice-daily housekeeping service • Satellite TV • DVD player on request • Courtesy line by Acqua di Parma
Restaurants & Bars
Ristorante Sant’Andrea – Dine to the rhythm of the waves on our beautiful terrace overlooking the beach or inside in the elegant dining room. Savour Sicilian cuisine and the freshest seafood specialities, accompanied by a mouthwatering wine selection.
Bar Sant’Andrea – Open all day, our bar overlooking the beach is an idyllic place for a morning espresso, lunchtime pizza or an evening cocktail accompanied by music entertainment
Beach bar – Relax on the beach and order a freshly squeezed juice, enticing cocktail, frothy coffee or creamy gelato.
Pool Bar – Settle in a rattan armchair overlooking the pool and savour a drink or a luscious Etna wine. Indulge in ice cream or treat your taste buds to some Sicilian fruit.
Our heated infinity swimming pool is spectacularly located by the edge of the bay. Let your troubles melt away beneath the warm Mediterranean sun as the dedicated poolside team meet your every need. The fitness centre is fully equipped with the latest technology, including Technogym equipment and free weights. The Wellness Centre perfectly captures the rejuvenating essence of this verdant island. A heavenly range of spa treatments draws on fragrant orange flowers, amber, sandalwood and jasmine. Outdoor massages are available.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Villa Sant’Andrea boasts elegant venues to take full advantage of the coastal setting, offering beautiful sea views and menus featuring the freshest local delicacies. The hotel can host a private party for up to 200 guests on the expansive terrace overlooking the bay, arrange cocktails on the beach or, for more intimate gatherings, organize for a private table in the restaurant.
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
Travel + Leisure, Top Ten Hotels in Italy #6
Number of employees
Up to 150