Villa Treville Italy
Via Arienzo, 30 Positano (SA) 84017
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Treville Positano has acquired Villa Maura – The fifth Villa within Treville estate – This stunning acquisition will add 5 brand new one bedroom suites with terrace to the actual count, as well as 1 master suite with three bedrooms, living room, terrace and heated pool. Guests at Villa Maura can enjoy 180 degree breathtaking sea view, overlooking Positano, Li Galli island and the Amalfi Coast. Due to the strategic location, guests at Villa Maura can enjoy both, sun set and sun rise, the concept is to enjoy a private Villa with Hotel services.
La Traviata green house will be converted into La Traviata SPA and GYM, with an Hammam built in one of the natural caves, pool, 3 treatment rooms, including a room for couples. A brand new state of the art Technogym GYM will be available for Treville guests, including a fully equipped Outrace Cube for Callisthenics work out, Trade mills, bikes and personal training sessions.
Zeffirelli Land will be developped into a Organic certified farm. The ideal spot for families and food lovers. Treville Positano will serve farm to table food at Maestro’s
Treville Positano is adding a private beach in Laurito – in addition to the beach available to Treville Guests only at Treville estate – with a restaurant, bar and 8 bedrooms. The establishment is right on Laurito Beach
Following the strenghten of the partnership between Treville Positano and Quattro Passi Restaurant in Nerano, a brand new Kitchen project is under development and a new offer will be available to Treville Guests : Treville Breakfast, All Day Dining Menu and a Fine Dining experience is also available in the evening. Treville will also offer new veues for events catered by Quattro Passi
The iconic Salone Bianca and Bianca Bar terrace, styled in moroccan design by Renzo Mongiardino during Zeffirelli’s ownership, will be developed into a Museum of historical pieces from Zeffirelli life and works
Events structrure will be a buy out formula or partial bouy out such Villa Tre Pini and Tre Pini Green Park or La Rotonda space. Maximum 80 guests.
History & Story
Villa Treville was originally purchased in the 1920s by Mikhail Semenov, the Russian writer, who was the first to gather around him the cultural ferment that has always characterised Positano. With Franco Zeffirelli, a famous Italian director and producer of operas, films and television the property was often visited by dancers, singers, writers, musicians, painters, actors and intellectuals from all over the globe.
The estate was lovingly refurbished and further developed under the artistic direction of Zeffirelli during his 35 years in residence with the inclusion of new gardens, terraces and hidden pools. He hired his friend Renzo Mongiardino, who collaborated on many of his theatre and opera projects, to design the exquisitely crafted interiors.
The work was subsequently continued with meticulous attention to detail as Villa Treville was converted into a boutique hotel under new ownership advised by architect Fausta Gaetani, a friend and frequent guest of Mr Zeffirelli.
Renovation and transition from a private home to an hotel started in 2007, finished in 2011. Marco De Luca and Fausta Gaetani were the architects. Rooms design and bathrooms were made up from new, such as reception and entrance.
Date added extensions
In 2014 was rented and added as additional service for guests a Beach Club on a beach at 3 minutes boat ride from the hotel, on Laurito beach.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• View on to positano and the coast line
• Located just on the boundaries of positano
• 2 ectar land available for a maximum 35 guest
• 15 minutes walk from the centre
• Private jetty & sea access, with sun loungers on a concrete platform. wooden ladder to get in the sea no pebble shore access to the water.
• Peaceful and quiet environment
• Experience positano the way it was, not in the center of a hectic and bustling town , away from noise and distraction
Located on a cliffside estate overlooking the clear blue water of Positano. Situated in the Arienzo area, next Arienzo public beach, just outside the crowded center. Ten minutes’ walk from the center, 5 minutes boat ride from the main dock in Positano and 5 minutes from Laurito Beach. Treville is dislocated on 12 levels from road to the sea, where the limits are nature or steps going down the beach.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Boat Tour to Capri
• Trekking excursion to walking paths: Path of the Gods, Cerasuolo, San Domanico Monastery, Punta Campanella, Vesuvius volcano
• Excursion to Pompeii ruins
• Excursion to Amalfi and Ravello
• Excursion to Paestum temples
• Excursion to Naples
• Private tour of Villa Treville, including gardens, farm, kitchen
• Upgrade upon availability at check in time.
• Fishing day with a local fisherman
• Hiking tour to Nocelle (1680 steps) with a Treville Positano Team Member
Family Friendly Hotel
• From 0 to 3 years old free of charge in parents room, complimentary baby cot on request
• From 4 to 12 years old rate per night 95€ extra bed in parents room
• From 13 years old is considered as adult
• Number of Suites: 6
• Number of Luxury rooms: 10
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 16 + 6 under development ready by June 2022
Restaurants & Bars
• Maestro’s restaurant – up market italian local cousine with an international touch
• Bianca bar – moroccan styled outdoor & indoor bar
• Laurito beach, cucina e camere – located on laurito beach at three minutes boat ride from the hotel, opened during summer months, according to weather conditions. fresh fish, pizza, pasta are served at the restaurant. the beach club is connected to the road by 450 steps
• Chef vincenzo castaldo from quattropassi 2 starred michelin resautant consultancy
• Breakfast on maestro’s terrace restaurant included
• La Traviata SPA – located on the wellness outdoor level surrounded by a luxurious garden just above the blu sea
• Outdoor Gym – located on the wellness outdoor level surrounded by a luxurious garden just above the blu sea
• Outdoor Jacuzzi – hidden gem escavated in the rocks and decorated with roman style mosaics
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Weddings, Birthdays on request, maximum 80 guests
• Buy out maximum 80 guest
• Tre Pini venue rental mimimun 50 guests
Extra Notable Features
• Cooking class, pizza, pasta and all traditional italian meals made from scratch with our chef, certificate of partecipation and gift
• Yoga retreats in a heaven of peace and mindfullness on the green park of la rotonda,
• Free shuttle boat service to positano (weather permitting),
• Plunge pool jacuzzi and sun deck just a few metres above the sea with the view of positano and the bay
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Number of employees