Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya,
Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya
Carretera Federal Cancun – Playa Del Carmen Km. 298,
Solidaridad, Quintana Roo,
OTC and HYATT
Date of Creation
December 12, 2016
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Pascal Dupuis, a hospitality veteran with more than 30 years of experience, he began his career in his home country of France when working as a receptionist at the Negresco Hotel in Nice. After working at several other French hotels, he moved to London in 1993 where he quickly climbed the ranks in the hotel industry, holding managerial positions at properties including Le Méridien Piccadilly, The Sheraton Park Tower and St. Martins Lane, before returning to France as the General Manager of Hotel De La Tremoille in Paris.
Pascal Depuis has served as General Manager at some of the leading resorts in the world including the One & Only Le Touessrok in Mauritus, The Leela Kempinski Goa, where he brought the resort back to its five-star standard to make it the most successful resort in India, and The Leela Palace Chennai, which he opened. He resides in Mexico with his wife and daughter. In his spare time, he enjoys playing tennis, golf, go-karting, watersports, traveling and cooking.
AAA Four Diamonds. Luxury brands : Virtuoso, AMEX The Hotel Collection, Signature, Internova Group, Kiwi Collection
To position Andaz Mayakoba as the only family-friendly, lifestyle brand in Mayakoba.
Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Mayakoba features the only PGA golf course in Mexico.
• We are a pet-friendly hotel.
• Only lifestyle brand offering entertainment for all ages.
• Largest room inventory on the beach in Mayakoba featuring a variety of room classifications in this section.
• In-room healthy minibar, including healthy snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
• On-property transportation service by chauffeured golf carts 24/7
• Bikes available to tour throughout property
• Flip flops in guest-rooms
• Transportation, up to 5 people per boat, on the waterways within the Mayakoba Resorts from 9:00 to 17:00 hrs. Reservation needed
• COVID-19 Package upon request
Mayakoba, a gated/ private eco-development complex in Riviera Maya, 35 minutes away from CUN (Cancun International Airport) and 15 minutes away from Downtown Playa del Carmen.
Key sites/activities in the area
• CHICHEN ITZA (2 hours)
• Cozumel (45 minutes by ferry)
• Isla Blanca Kitesurfing (1 hour 45 minutes)
• Isla Holbox (1 hour 45 minutes)
• TULUM (50 minutes)
• Isla Mujeres Catamaran Trip (1 hour 45 minutes)
• Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve (1 hour 15 minutes)
• Downtown Playa del Carmen (15 minutes)
Senkoe, a famous local artist, painted murals with vibrant colours throughout the resort, featuring the fauna that makes Mayoka boits home.
Our kids’ program, KIMBO, features Mexican and Mayan themes allowing kids to enjoy elements of adventure, environment and the indigenous culture around them, leaving an educational and fun experience they will never forget!
This camp experience is a complimentary program for children, ages 4-12 years old, and our hours of adventure begin at 9 am and end at 5 pm daily.
• Number of suites: 41
• Number of Luxury rooms: 214
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 214
The décor featured in all guest-rooms and suites is inspired by traditional Mexican crafts and iconography to create an intriguing design meant to stimulate the senses in new and refreshing ways. At Andaz Mayakoba, 214 alluring, open layout guest-rooms and suites overlook crystal clear lagoons, mangrove and resort gardens, the golf course or spectacular views of the Caribbean coastline. The accommodations are naturally inspired with stylish amenities and a refined collection of artisan décor. Each offers a spacious balcony or terrace; 41 luxury suites also feature private plunge pools. The design of the rooms are grounded by an ‘area rug’ crafted from a collection of locally produced Mexican cement tiles as well as a signature Mayan décor item such as a traditional mask, a Mayan huipil or a colorful bird figure. The remainder of the room is minimalist in design with color tones inspired from natural terrain such as stone, sand and water. Unique to this hotel’s design, the bathrooms span the entire length of the room, allowing natural light and views to filter into both the bathroom and sleeping areas.
Restaurants & Bars
Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya’s five on-site restaurants Showcase fresh local ingredients and authentic cooking techniques.
• Cocina Milagro offers an all-day dining buffet with an ever-evolving menu.
• Casa Amate is an upscale dining destination serving Latin American dishes.
• VB (Vegan Bar) VB Fresh and seasonal vegan options with sustainable and locally sourced ingredients // Vegan bar // Smoothies // Healthy shots. Discover delicious dining from our room service menu, available 24 hours a day.
• Sotavento, Relax in the casual ambience while tasting an array of Mediterranean delicacies such as fresh seafood, daily chef specials, light salads and a variety of desserts – all to be enjoyed with your feet in the sand.
• Tinta del Pulpo is open for lunch and dinner, and offers all-day poolside Mexican and international cuisine, tasty sauces made with local produce and locally crafted artisan beers. The restaurant also offers fresh ceviches, aguachiles, and a variety of desserts including homemade churros and authentic local sweets.
The 10,000-square-foot hideaway in the center of the resort is home to six open and airy treatment cabins and two hydrotherapy areas, offering a complete, customized menu of refreshing and rejuvenating services, many of which incorporate indigenous Mayan methods. The décor is uncomplicated and intended to connect the guests with the jungle setting and envelope visitors in a verdant and lush environment. The treatments, coined ‘Naum Rituals’, were developed based on native Mayan traditions known as rituals, which are reflective of the mind, body and spirit. The spa’s namesake, Naum, is the Mayan God of consciousness and mind.
The Naum Rituals were created to pay homage to oneself and the Mayan Gods, and to find harmony based on the guest’s selected area of wellness intention – whether that be Clarity (Tsoolik), Rest (He’lel), Strength (Muuk’) or Connection (Molcintah). Each Ritual is a three-part experience, alluding to the balancing nature of the number three with a beginning, middle and end. The Ritual begins with a Mayan Time of Reflection, followed by the treatment experience itself, and concludes with a Mayan Celebration to help guests balance and reconnect with themselves and the universe. The spa hosts and wellness therapists work with guests to customize every aspect of the treatment, including the hand-selected products – many of which have been created with natural, locally inspired ingredients. Upon arrival at the spa, therapists work with guests to identify wellness intention, treatment focus and ingredients of choice, and from there, a Ritual will be selected.
Guests can also choose to take part in an interactive aromatherapy bar where they can design their own custom products and scents. Rituals include Naum Ritual of the Body, a three-part wellness experience with exfoliation, deep hydration and a nurturing massage or body balancing treatment; Naum Ritual of the Face, a deep cleansing experience, personalized treatment plan and personalized protection for the individual’s skin type including a facial massage and treatment mask; and Naum Ritual of Massage, a customized spa experience with options such as hot stones, bespoke aromatherapy blends, Swedish or deep tissue. Many of the rituals are based upon a different tradition in the Mayan culture – Body Rituals were commonly used for preparation of marriage, battle or to celebrate the changing seasons, while Massage Rituals were considered healing arts. Guests can choose from a 75-minute, 90-minute or 120-minute ritual experiences ; as length of treatment session grows, the deeper the spa experience becomes and the more elements are added. The spa will also offer an array of additional services ranging from hairstyling, waxing, skincare, nail care and cosmetic services to lifestyle options including yoga and meditation. The facility also includes a 24-hour state-of-the-art gym and three outdoor pools.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya boasts more than 1,300 sq m of versatile and uniquely configured event venues, as well as lawn and terrace areas for outdoor functions. The hotel offers a stylish ballroom, encompassing 576 sq m, as well as five contemporary Andaz Studios, each equipped with high-tech audiovisual equipment. The restaurants, pools, and beachfront are also available for unique social events. The dedicated event consultants handle the details, including hassle-free event accounting.
Extra Notable Features
• Mayakoba features the only PGA golf course in Mexico.
• Soulful Service: Our local experts are here to ensure your stay is perfectly curated, personalized and comfortable, while adhering to the highest cleanliness standards.
• Secluded and Safe yet Social: Nestled in a gated community, the resort is spread out and easy to navigate. Enjoy leisurely walks or bike rides, as• well as physically distant yet socially connected activities.
• Luxe Landscapes: Enjoy the expansive white-sand beach, large pools, outdoor seating, bike and nature trails, eco-cruises through the lagoon and a large golf course, surrounded by the sights and sounds of Mexican nature.
• Authentic Art: Experience modern Mexico through vibrant décor that celebrates the colorful artists and heritage of the Mayan culture.
• Creative Culinary: Discover five culinary options including Latin American cuisine at Casa Amate, a feet-in-the-sand Mediterranean experience at Sotavento, poolside all-day international and Mexican dining at Tinta del Pulpo, market-to-table delicacies at Cocina Milagro or a healthy vegan lunch at VB with spectacular views of the Caribbean.