Casa Palmero™ at Pebble Beach® USA
Casa Palmero™ at Pebble Beach®
1518 Cypress Drive, Pebble Beach, 93953
Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
4 star and part of Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Director of Rooms
Luke Mangan has been with Pebble Beach Resorts for over 15 years. He began his career as an attorney before discovering a passion for hospitality and starting anew as a Front Desk employee at The Inn at Spanish Bay. He worked his way up by using that passion to spread enthusiasm and create teams focused on personal service and attention to detail. Currently overseeing hotel operations for Casa Palmero and The Lodge at Pebble Beach, he approaches every day and every task with the goal of creating a once in a lifetime experience, every time.
CASA PALMERO™ AT PEBBLE BEACH®
History & Story
Pebble Beach Resorts® was started in 1919. A group of American investors, headed by Peter Ueberroth and Dick Ferris, purchased Pebble Beach Company from The Lone Cypress Company in 1999. Casa Palmero was originally a private mansion that the company purchased and transformed into a 24 room boutique hotel that opened to the public in 1999.
Casa Palmero closes every winter over the holidays for approximately one month for a seasonal refresh. In 2019 we did soft remodel with HBA company. The interior architecture is designed by Ernest Martinez.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Enchantingly picturesque, Casa Palmero® is an elegant Mediterranean-style enclave that sets exquisite standards for guest comfort and personal service in all renovated 24 spacious rooms and suites. Located along the first and second fairways of the farmed Pebble Beach Golf Links™, the lushly landscaped grounds, trellised walkways and sun-drenched patios beckon you to step back in time, to a private estate offering the ultimate in modern comforts.
Casa Palmero offers the ultimate in personal attention and privacy. At the authentically restored main house, guests enjoy a luxurious living room, library, billiard room, heated outdoor pool and two hours of complimentary cocktails and appetizers every evening in the bar and lounge. Casa Palmero is also adjacent to one the best Forbes Five-Star rated hotel spas in the world – The Spa at Pebble Beach™ Casa is perfect for couples as it is all about spa, relaxation, privacy, romance and food & wine.
Pebble Beach Resorts is situated on 5,300 acres of coastal Monterey Peninsula property between Carmel-by-the-Sea and Monterey in the private gated community of Pebble Beach, CA. The Monterey Peninsula is iconic to California’s Central Coast and delivers incredible outdoor experiences year round.
Key sites/activities in the area
17-Mile Drive, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Fisherman’s Wharf, race/bike/spectate at Laguna Seca racetrack, hike at Point Lobos or Pinnacles National Forest, nearby Big Sur, horseback riding, Cannery Row, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Monterey County wine tasting at vineyards or tasting rooms in Carmel Valley, Pacific Grove, scuba diving, whale watching, sailing, art galleries, shopping, biking
Clint Eastwood, the famous actor/director is one of the owners of Pebble Beach Resorts.
Located at the famous Pebble Beach Resorts with access to book tee times at Pebble Beach Golf Links, the top North American public golf course.
No children’s club and Casa Palmero is primarily for adults, however the resort has children’s activities including tennis, golf, pool area, horseback riding, hiking, biking.
- Number of suites: 3
Courtyard Suites (2)– Located on ground floor with private garden entrance, secluded garden patio with Jacuzzi, king bed, large living room with open wood beamed ceiling, gas-burning fireplace, oversized soaking tub that opens up into the room. Approx. 832 Sq. Ft.
The Palmero Suite (1) – Located on ground floor with private garden patio entrance, four poster king bed, sitting area, gas-burning fireplace, private patio with whirlpool. The living room has a wood beamed ceiling, an oversized sofa, gas-burning fireplace and guest bathroom. The master bathroom has dual sinks, an oversized bathtub, large shower. Approx. 1268 Sq. Ft.
- Number of Luxury rooms: 21
Estate Rooms (7)/Estate Studios (2) Located on second floor (no elevators) with oversized window seat with forest or golf course views, open beamed ceiling, gas-burning fireplace, oversized soaking tub. Estate studios offer separate dining area & open truss ceilings. Approx. 585 – 703 Sq. Ft.
Spa Rooms (10)/Deluxe Spa Rooms (2) – Located on the ground floor with private garden patio with whirlpool, gas-burning fireplace, oversized soaking tub. The deluxe spa room provides an additional private experience with no rooms above. Approx. 585 Sq. Ft.
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 24
Restaurants & Bars
No restaurants at Casa Palmero but multiple restaurants at the resort
• The Lodge at Pebble Beach :
• The Bench™ – Wood-Fired & Artisanal Specialties
• Tap Room™ – All-American Steakhouse
• Stillwater Grill™ – California Coastal
• Gallery Cafe™ – Home-Style Favorites
• Terrace Lounge™ – Shared Plates & Cocktails
• The Inn at Spanish Bay :
• Peppoli at Pebble Beach™– Northern Italian
• Roy’s at Pebble Beach™ – Hawaiian-Fusion
• STICKS™ – Contemporary Sports Bar Fare
• The Lobby Lounge™ – Hawaiian-Fusion and Cocktails
• Traps – Hearty Appetizers and Cocktails
• Stave Wine Cellar at Spanish Bay™ – Wine Tastings and Small Bites
• The Spanish Bay Club™ – Fitness center, tennis, family shower room poolside, relaxation lounge with coffee/fruit/juice, heated outdoor swimming pool, outdoor jacuzzi, locker rooms, steam room and sauna. Pilates/yoga, aqua aerobics, Zumba, stretching/core strength. Complimentary access.
• The Beach & Tennis Club™ – Fitness center, tennis, relaxation lounge, heated outdoor adult & kids swimming pool, outdoor jacuzzi, locker rooms, steam room and sauna. Pilates/yoga, aqua aerobics, Zumba/stretching/core strength. Complimentary access.
• Five-Star The Spa at Pebble Beach™ – 22,000 square-foot facility, nail salon, hair salon, outdoor heated pool, juice bar & café, co-ed areas, men’s & women’s locker rooms with Jacuzzi, steam, sauna, ionization room, snacks. Complimentary access.
Hiking, biking, water sports
Corporate & Celebration Events
All info for meetings, weddings and special events are at https://www.pebblebeach.com/meetings/
Extra Notable Features
• Four world class 18-hole golf courses including Pebble Beach Golf Links™ (#1 Golf course in North America), Spyglass Hill™ Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay™ and Del Monte™ Golf Course.
• Pebble Beach Equestrian Center™
• Pebble Beach Golf Academy and Practice Facility™
Hotel and restaurant Awards
2019 & 2020
Forbes Travel Guide – Casa Palmero awarded four-stars for 2019 & 2020 and The Spa at Pebble Beach awarded five-stars for the sixth time and is one of 85 spas in the world with this ranking.
AAA Four Diamond award at Casa Palmero (19 consecutive years).
Golf Magazine inaugural Top 100 Resorts rankings where Pebble Beach Resorts ranked number 1.
Wine Spectator Restaurant Wine List Awards 2019 – Stillwater Bar & Grill, Peppoli, Roy’s and The Bench received the « Best of Award of Excellence. »
Golf Digest America’s 100 Greatest Public Courses – June 2019 – Pebble Beach Golf Links No. 1, Spyglass Hill Golf
Course was ranked No. 10. and The Links at Spanish Bay is ranked No. 48.
Golfweek’s Best Resort Courses 2019 – Pebble Beach Golf Links is listed at No. 1 (No. 1 in 2017), Spyglass Hill Golf Course is listed at No. 11 (previously No. 11) and The Links at Spanish Bay is listed at No. 67 (previously No. 60).
Number of employees
1,600+ at Pebble Beach Company