Meadowood Napa ValleyUSA
Meadowood Napa Valley
900 Meadowood Lane, St Helena CA 94574
Relais & Chateaux
Privately Owned by H. William Harlan and Stan Kroenke
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Patrick Nayrolles was born French parents, Claudine and Maurice Nayrolles, in Suresnes, a suburb of Paris. Maurice was a renowned Hotelier, and was one of Meadowood’s first General Managers, from 1986 – 1994. Patrick studied at the Lausanne, and followed in his father’s footsteps as a successful hotelier throughout Europe, until he made Meadowood his home in 2015.
Forbes 5 Star Hotel, Restaurant and Spa. Relais & Chateaux.
To embrace all that is synonymous with the Napa Valley way of life at the highest level possible : service, surroundings, wine, cuisine and wellness.
MEADOWOOD NAPA VALLEY
History & Story
Settled on a private estate, Meadowood is a center for social, cultural and viticultural life in the Napa Valley, a second home for many who enjoy the beauty and hospitality of the wine country and a destination for those seeking the world’s finest culinary and wine experiences. This is a place where the pace of life moves with the seasons; where
the traditional values of sportsmanship, physical well-being, cultural enrichment and spirited mealtime conversation with family and friends are a way of life.
2016 – Rooms, The Restaurant at Meadowood, Golf Course – Howard Backen
2020 – Fitness Center and Pools (Jan 2020) – Howard Backen
Date added extensions
2015 – new Spa/2020 – Additional pool/2022 – new Restaurant
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The most authentic luxury Napa Valley Destination with the most exclusive access to wine, cuisine and wellness (owners own the top wineries in the Napa Valley, 3 star Michelin Restaurant, Forbes 5 Star Spa, Wine Center). Destination Resort with tennis, swimming, wellness, hiking.
In a private, secluded valley in the picturesque town of Saint Helena
Key sites/activities in the area
500 + wineries, Michelin starred restaurants, shopping, hiking, hot air ballooning, cycling. 90 minutes to San Francisco.
- Owned by the top two vintners in the Napa Valley (Harlan Estate, Screaming Eagle)
- The Wine Center at Meadowood is the only one of its kind : with renowned educators leading wine education classes and customizing tours for our guests.
- Tennis programs customized for kids throughout the year, dedicated Family Swimming pool
- Meadowood Summer Sports Camp for Kids Overview (tentative, subject to change) :
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
5 sessions June 27 – July 29
Ages 6 – 11
• Number of suites: 25
Treeline Suites, Hill House
• Number of Luxury rooms: 11
Cottage Rooms, Treetop Rooms, Oakview Rooms
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 36
• All rooms have private terraces, views of wooded hillsides and treetops and fireplaces
Restaurants & Bars
• Terrace Cafe – Al fresco and open seasonally
• In Room Dining – 7 am – 9 pm
• New Restaurant launching April 2022 (details TBC)
• All dining is additional (not included in rate)
• Meadowood Spa – Forbes 5 Star, 8 Suites, Relaxation Gardens and Mineral Pools
• 3 Outdoor Swimming Pools, including Adults Only, Lap and Family Pools
• Fully Renovated Fitness Center and Complimentary Fitness Classes
• Hiking Trails
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Private Dining room in the restaurant will seat 12 – 16
• No other private event space at this time
Extra Notable Features
• 5 Hard Court Tennis Courts with dedicated Tennis Professionals
• The Wine Center: renowned educators offering on property curriculum of classes and curated winery visits
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Forbes 5 Star Hotel, Spa
• Forbes 5 Star Hotel, Spa, Restaurant
• 3 Star Michelin The Restaurant at Meadowood – was destroyed in 2020 fire and reopening is anticipated late 2022
Number of employees