One&Only Palmilla Los Cabos, Mexico
Carr Transpeninsular Kilometro,
23400 San Jose Del Cabo,
Kerzner International Limited
Kerzner International & ICD (Investment Cooperation of Dubai)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Sergio Pereira
Looking to the future, One&Only will continue to introduce new resorts in stunning destinations all over the world. The next phase of the One&Only brand evolution will debut resorts in the heart of urban centres and introduce a collection of private homes in legendary resort locations and beyond.
LOS CABOS, MEXICO
History & Story
Cradled on the cusp of the sun-kissed Baja Peninsula, with coveted panoramas over the Sea of Cortez, One&Only Palmilla is a legendary retreat where the marvels of Mexico come to life in ultimate style.
Spacious cliff-side havens with sweeping sea views, enveloped in privacy and old-world Mexican charm. With round-the-clock care from our passionate team who offer personalised service, hand over heart.
A collection of show-stopping destination restaurants and private dining experiences are beautifully staged amongst the elements. Championing authentic Mexican flavours, fresh sashimi, local spiny lobster, and imported Wagyu are masterfully prepared, complemented by one of the country’s most esteemed wine cellars.
Venture beyond and discover spectacular rugged landscapes, weaving your 4X4, quadbike, or horse through blooming desert cacti. Delve into rich life-filled waters, on a luxury sunset yacht charter, a scuba adventure, or iconic whale-watching trip. And meander our treasured local town, browsing colourful artisans, galleries, and our recommended dining spots.
Then return and feel captivated by the energy throughout the resort, dabbling in tennis, learning to surf and cook local recipes. Perfecting your swing with RoboGolfPro® before teeing off at the scenic Jack Nicklaus-designed course. Unwinding by our distinct adult-only and family pools; taking a dip at Pelican Beach, one of the coast’s only swimmable coves.
Kids and teens can dive into a fun-packed programme of activities, including sports, creative workshops, and exclusive social events, while you withdraw to our alluring spa, where one-of-a-kind holistic healing ignites a sense of renewal and utter indulgence among the flora.
After hurricane Odile, the resort underwent full renovations and re-opening in April 2015 with a completely new design.
Date added extensions
Villa One-December 2015.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Serene seclusion along a 250-acre beachfront site
• Ocean watersports along Los Cabos’s largest swimmable beach
• The ultimate wellness sanctuary
• All oceanview or oceanfront rooms and suites
• Dedicated butler service to attend to every detail.
• Curated mini bar amenities
• Complimentary daily breakfast included with every stay
• Mexican-chic interiors and terraces with plush day beds
• Year-round seasonal holidays filled with festive spirit
Set amongst the stunning natural geography of the Baja Peninsula alongside the Sea of Cortez, One&Only Palmilla affords extraordinary views of the Los Cabos landscape and beachfront access to one of the few swimmable beaches in the entire region. Only 20 minutes from San Jose International Airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
Golf, yachting, deep-sea fishing, whales watching, sport fishing, windsurfing, snorkelling, diving, kayaking, and surfing, Hummer Safari, hot air ballooning, sand dunes by ATV.
• We light more than 1200 candles and fire pits around the property every night; two people from the Maintenance Team are responsible for this task which starts every day before sunset and takes about an hour or two to light all of them.
• We have a fabulous Celebrations Specialists that makes sure to WOW our guest come to celebrate a special occasion.
• The resort boasts 300,000 twinkling lights and a giant gingerbread house each festive season
• All of the pastries and bread are in made in house by the Pastry Department and Executive Pastry Chef.
Complimentary KidsOnly Club for 4 to 11 years old.
Babysitting available at charge.
• Standard Rooms: 61: Room-Oceanfront (15), Premier Room-Oceanfront (30), Palmilla Room-Oceanfront (16)
• Junior Suites: 91: Junior Suite-Oceanview Terrace (12), Junior Suite- Oceanfront (59), Junior Suite- Oceanfront with Plunge Pool (7), Casita Junior Suite-Oceanfront with Infinity Pool (13)
• One-Bedroom Luxury Suites: 20: Suite-Oceanfront One Bedroom (3), Premier Suite-Oceanfront One Bedroom (2), Grand Suite-Oceanfront One-Bedroom (11), Grand Suite-Oceanfront One-Bedroom with Plunge Pool (1), Casita One Bedroom Suite-Oceanfront with Infinity Pool (2), One&Only Casita Suite-Oceanfront with Infinity Pool (1)
• Villas: 2: Villa One (1) & Villa Cortez (1); both 4-bedrooms with added amenities, staff and services
• Number of rooms (keys) in all: 174
Restaurants & Bars
• Seared by Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten
Signature steakhouse and fresh seafood.
Seasonally inspired menu highlighting the best of Baja’s Mexican cuisine alongside locally sourced fish, seafood selections and specialties for everyone’s delight.
All-day dining menu and relaxed atmosphere; evenings come alive with elevated Mexican classics and live mariachi music.
A striking presentation of sushi and ceviche plus live entertainment.
• Pelican Beach Grill
Casual all day dining and drinks.
• Agua Bar
Light bites, crafted cocktails, and live music.
• One&Only Lounge
Light bites, crafted cocktails, and live music.
Meal plans available for purchase; please inquire.
• Ancient healing rituals with a Spiritual Healer
• Full service spa with 13 private spa villas
• Plunge pools, relaxation gardens, sauna and steam room
• Results-driven services, traditional therapies and custom spa journeys
• Ancient healing and Temazcal rituals with Resident Shaman
• Pedi:Mani: Cure by Bastien Gonzalez
• Men’s Grooming by Barber&Blade
• Full-service Beauty Salon, make-up and more
• Fitness Center with Technogym
• Movement studio & Yoga Garden
• Customized wellness programs available
• On-site Juice Bar
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Wedding & Special Events planner
• Event Locations: Ballroom, Boardroom, Courtyard, Lawn, Beach, Pool Deck, Historic Chapel
• Events for 10, up to 300 people
• Incomparable culinary options
• Elopements and Intimate Wedding packages
• Curated events, honeymoons and special celebrations of every kind
Extra Notable Features
• 2 Infinity edge pools: 1 family friendly (Agua Pool) and 1 adult only (Vista Pool)
• Swimmable beach with complimentary non-motorized water sports (kayak, snorkel, stand up paddle board)
• Beach Cabanas and Private Beach Coves
• Curated itineraries and activities for the entire family
• 27-hole Jack Nicklaus designed golf course
• The Art of Luxury Surf with TropicSurf
• Private yacht excursions
• Whale watching and Sea Safaris
• Complimentary fitness and movement classes
• Herb garden for private dinners and cooking lessons
• Tequila, Mezcal and Mexican Wine Tasting experiences
• Own historical chapel
• The legendary gem of Los Cabos, with a rich and storied past
• Land Rover for desert tours and surf excursions
• Onsite COVID testing, increased health and safety measures
• Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Resort & Spa
• Sharecare Health VERIFIED by Forbes Travel Guide
• Travel+Leisure Top Resort Hotels in Mexico
• Condé Nast Traveller Golds List & #8 Resort in Mexico
• U.S. News & World Report #1 Resort in Cabo & #2 Resort in Mexico
• Golf Digest‘Best Golf Resorts in Mexico and Central America
Number of employees