Pendry Manhattan West USA
Pendry Manhattan West
438 West 33rd Street, New York, NY 10001
Date of Creation
17 September 2021
Hotel General Manager
Ash Bhasin is General Manager of Pendry Manhattan West overseeing all facets of the hotel’s owner relations, property operations and financial performance. Mr. Bhasin was previously general manager at SIXTY SoHo, as well as hotel manager at Trump SoHo Hotel, director of rooms at Four Seasons New York, director of rooms and tower operations at Trump International Hotel & Tower, and several other positions in the New York, Los Angeles and Miami markets.
5 star luxury – Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Brookfield Properties is owner and developer of Manhattan West which is bound by 9th Avenue and 10th Avenue and then West 31st Street and West 33rd Street with Hudson Yards to the West and the new Empire Station Complex to the East. Brookfield will be creating a neighbourhood in its own right offering seasonal ice-skating rink and revolving art installations, variety theatre, upscale dining, luxury hotel to compliment a mix of residential and office space. With Manhattan West, The Highline – an artistic walking pathway with access to Chelsea and Meatpacking District – will extend directly into the plaza enhancing the neighbourhood and its access to the city.
Pendry Manhattan West
History & Story
Situated in the highly anticipated new West Side of NYC, Pendry Manhattan West enjoys easy access to its array of attractions, including some of the finest shopping, dining and culture in New York as well as to the redeveloped Empire Station Complex. With its eye-catching, curtain inspired exterior structure by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill that reflects light and shadows from every spectacular angle, the 23-story building is a nod to the brand’s coastal California roots infused with the dynamic city energy synonymous with New York. Pendry Manhattan West is home to 164 guest rooms, including 30 suites, each featuring interiors by world-renowned Gachot Studios. The guest room experience brings a calming retrieve to the city’s bustling environment with a neutral color palette, warm details and textures and the modern amenities synonymous with Pendry’s contemporary luxury sensibility.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Pendry Manhattan West will bring a flavor of California to Manhattan with a warm lobby entrance and light, airy guestrooms with floor-to-ceiling windows. With an extensive food and beverage program, Pendry will offer a reservation only rooftop terrace, Mediterranean restaurant and Bar Pendry + Garden Room. The beautiful 23-story tower will be dedicated solely to Pendry Manhattan West and its guests.
Pendry Manhattan West is in North Chelsea in the heart of the new west side of Manhattan.
Key sites/activities in the area
Manhattan West offers a plethora of activities from dining to shopping:
• Ci Siamo and Daily Provisions by Chef Danny Meyers of Union Square Hospitality Group
• Citizens by SBE – a modern day immersive food experience including Katsuya and Casa Dani
• Peloton Studios – Peloton’s flagship fitness studio
• NHL Experience Store and NHL winter ice-skating rink
• Midnight Theatre – a 165 seat variety theatre with full-service restaurant, café, and bar.
A quick 5-minute walk gives guests access to:
• The Shops at Hudson Yards with a wide range of luxury shopping and restaurants
• The High Line
• The Edge: the tallest outdoor observation deck in the western hemisphere
• Madison Square Garden and Moynihan Train Hall
• Manhattan West is an architectural feat being developed atop 15 active train tracks
• Pendry Manhattan West is designed by world renowned architectural firm Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill
Pendry Manhattan West welcome families and children of all ages if accompanied by an adult of at least 21 years of age.
Number of suites: 30 suites
• Corner Studio Suite: located on floors 6-12, 500 square feet: open plan guestroom appointed with living area plus an entire wall of floor-to-ceiling windows offering corner city views. King bed, double vanity, bathtub, and separate walk-in shower.
• Corner One Bedroom Suite: located on floors 6-12, 869 square feet: offering corner city views, separate living room and dining room with table for eight. King bed, double vanity, bathtub, and separate walk-in shower with guest washroom and walk-in closet with dressing area.
• Skyline Corner Studio Suite: located on floors 14-21, 500 square feet: open plan guestroom appointed with living area plus an entire wall of floor-to-ceiling windows offering corner city views. King bed, double vanity, bathtub, and separate walk-in shower.
• Skyline Corner One-bedroom Suite: located on floors 14-20, 869 square feet: offering corner city views, separate living room and dining room with table for eight. King bed, double vanity, bathtub, and separate walk-in shower with guest washroom and walk-in closet with dressing area.
• Pendry Suite: sweeping views of the city skyline. Entrance hall, living room with a fireplace and piano, dining table for 8 persons and a kitchenette. Two-bedroom suite with two king-beds and 3 full marble bathrooms appointed with double wash basins. Walk-in closet with a dressing area.
Number of Luxury rooms: 134 guest rooms
• City Double Double: features floor-to-ceiling windows with a city view – 342 square feet offering two double-size beds, sitting area, and marble bathroom with walk in shower.
• Deluxe City King: featuring floor-to-ceiling windows with a city view – 320 square feet offering a king-size bed, sitting area, and marble bathroom with walk-in shower. (Skyline options available)
• Alcove Studio: features floor-to-ceiling windows with a city view – 362 square feet offering a king-size bed, extra sitting area, and marble bathroom with walk-in shower.
• Skyline King: featuring floor-to-ceiling windows with a city skyline view – 320 square feet offering a king-size bed, sitting area, and marble bathroom with walk-in shower.
• Skyline Double Double: featuring floor-to-ceiling windows with a city skyline view – 342 square feet offering two double-size beds, sitting area, and marble bathroom with walk in shower.
• Skyline Alcove Studio: featuring floor-to-ceiling windows with a city skyline view – 362 square feet offering a king-size bed, extra sitting area, and marble bathroom with walk-in shower.
Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 164 total keys
Restaurants & Bars
• Bar Pendry: our signature lobby bar is an intimate, richly designed space that evokes the essence of old New York with the modern grandeur of today. Finishes are warm and comfortable with an air of refinement; signature drinks are hand-crafted and served with impeccable attention to detail.
• Garden Room: steps from the hotel’s entrance, the Garden Room is a light, design-centric space where you’re welcome to sit back in style, for work or for play. High ceilings, natural light, lush greenery and ample seating set the backdrop for an all-day coffee menu by Vittortia, daily happy hour and evenings with a friend.
• Zou Zou’s: an Eastern Mediterranean restaurant from some of the most notable culinary names in the city, Chef Madeline Sperling and Juliana Latif. Together they offer a menu inspired by and celebrating the cuisine and flavors of the Eastern Mediterranean region, bringing in influences from Lebanon, Israel, Turkey, Egypt, Syria, and Jordan, among others.
• Vista Lounge: a daytime outpost with an easy-going allure, Vista Lounge is a retro-meets-modern dining space on the fourth floor offering daily breakfast for hotel guests and locals alike.
• Rooftop (coming Spring 2022): The Rooftop features a reservation-only whiskey bar featuring Japanese whisky. With sweeping, awe-inspiring views of the Manhattan skyline, this intimate and exclusive space serves up an experiential approach to cocktail hour that is certain to impress.
Pendry Manhattan West features a 24/7, 1,700 square foot Fitness Center and Movement Studio featuring all-new Technogym equipment and Peloton bikes with state-of-the-art features that keep guests on track, even away from home. The Movement Studio offers an intimate space for light stretching, personal yoga and physical activity.
Corporate & Celebration Events
At Pendry Manhattan West, a collection of over 6,000 square feet of special events spaces, each featuring natural light, accommodates events of various sizes with stylish, well-appointed rooms featuring state-of-the-art technology and amenities and a central setting for any gathering with world-class service, design and amenities.
• Ballroom: The 5th floor is home to a stunning 1,600 square foot ballroom that can divide into two distinct rooms of 583 and 1027 square feet in size, offering an intimate approach to larger scale events and celebrations that allows for customization and elevated personal style.
• Gallery: A 734 square foot open concept space on the 5th floor fit for small meetings, intimate events and gatherings with the utmost attention to detail and service.
• Boardroom: A smart, sophisticated space featuring 345 square feet that is perfect for private dining, meetings and small gatherings of any type.
• Salon: A versatile pre-function space that allows for more than 800 square feet of planning and pre-event preparation.
• Terrace: An airy 1637 square foot outdoor space filled with greenery and a skyline setting that will stand apart in any crowd.
Extra Notable Features
Within Manhattan West, guests have a plethora of dining and entertainment:
• CITIZENS: a modern day food hall by sbe featuring Katsuya and Casa Dani
• Union Square Hospitality/Danny Meyers: Ci Siamo and Daily Provisions
• National Hockey League: experience store and winter ice-skating rink
• The High Line: access to 135+ art galleries, foundations and museums
• Peloton Studios NY
• Midnight Theatre: a 165-seat variety theatre featuring a restaurant, café and bar
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Number of employees