Rosewood Miramar Beach USA
Rosewood Miramar Beach
1759 South Jameson Lane
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Build in 1887
Rick Fidel has nearly two decades of experience in the hospitality industry, having worked with top hotels and brands throughout the United States. Fidel joined the pre-opening team, debuting Rosewood Miramar Beach in March 2019 to critical acclaim. Under Fidel’s leadership, the Resort has set impeccable five-star standards for service and guest experience leading the property to achieve record metrics within its competitive set.
5 star luxury
Rosewood Miramar Beach
History & Story
The Miramar history began in 1876 when Josiah and Emmeline Doulton purchased the 20 acre ocean front property in Montecito. In 1889 the Doultons built a separate cottage for visiting friends, which soon served to accommodate outside guests. Originally called Ocean View Farm, a guest at the hotel suggested that the name of the destination be changed to “Miramar”, meaning “behold the sea.” Over the years, the hotel was expanded and by 1910 there were 29 structures on the property. The Miramar struggled during the Depression and the Doultons eventually sold the hotel to Paul Gawzner on November 3, 1939. The property went through several owners from 1998 to 2005. Finally, in January of 2007, Rick Caruso purchased the Miramar for an undisclosed price.
The Miramar is a completely new resort as of February 2019, with interior design from Diane Johnson and Nancy Corzine.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Rosewood Miramar Beach is the only resort in the region to offer full food and beverage beach service, where guests may partake in a variety of culinary and cocktail options served directly to them from the comfort of their beach chair.
Santa Barbara Zoo, Funk Zone, Downtown State Street, Coast Village Road, Horseback riding, sailing, surfing lessons, wine tasting, golf, shopping, and hiking.
Rosewood Miramar Beach is situated on an exclusive oceanfront stretch of Montecito, known as The American Riviera for its stunning landscape, pleasant year-round climate and spectacular architecture.
• Sense Spa
• Fitness center
• Two Pools
• Number of suites: 35, Number of Luxury rooms: 158, Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 158
• Beach House Guestrooms: Oceanfront rooms and studios offering unparalleled beachfront living (530-565 sq. ft.). Suite options available.
• Bungalow Guestrooms: A variety of connecting rooms with furnished semiprivate courtyards and terraces (520-685 sq. ft.). Suite options available.
• Garden Bungalow Guestrooms: Single-story bungalow accommodations with furnished terraces (500 sq. ft.). Suite options available.
• Lanai Guestrooms: Generously sized rooms with furnished terraces or patios (530-570 sq. ft.). Suite options available.
• Manor House Ocean View Guestrooms: Glamorous rooms with panoramic ocean views and the option to connect to one or all of the signature suites (570 sq. ft.). Suite options available.
With a prime beachfront location and kid-friendly programs and amenities, Rosewood Miramar Beach is a memorable and welcoming Santa Barbara resort for families. From kids’ menus and arts and crafts to movie time and relaxing reading nooks, our kid-friendly resort in Santa Barbara aims to provide family-centric vacations for all, and is dedicated to making each and every trip an unforgettable experience.
Restaurant and bars
AMA Sushi, a celebration of Japan’s Edomae uniquely located on the American Riviera, showcases always-fresh ingredients complemented by an extensive selection of wine, sake, and innovative cocktails
Caruso’s, the lively and inviting oceanfront restaurant, introduces a taste of Southern Italy to coastal Montecito. Caruso’s recently honored with one MICHELIN Star and a MICHELIN Green Star.
Miramar Beach Bar, the Beach House’s al fresco, oceanfront oasis inspired by a luxurious sailing vessel, invites guests to enjoy an array of craft cocktails and savory snacks
The Manor Bar features live music in a chic and sophisticated environment, ideal for a pre- or post-dinner libation
Cabana Bar, located at the Cabana Pool, encourages guests to sip on refreshing cocktails and light poolside fare
The Revere Room highlights local-first ingredients from nearby farms and purveyors. A truly sustainable concept ensures the freshest of flavors, made even better by the unparalleled views of Miramar Beach.
Corporate & Celebrations events
• With over 33,000 square feet of event space spread across six indoor and outdoor spaces, Rosewood Miramar Beach delivers the perfect venue for any occasion, including The Study and Loggia for intimate meetings and gatherings, and the grand Chandelier Ballroom for conferences and conventions. Each venue is equipped with high-speed internet access and full audio-visual services as well as catering opportunities, refined service, and exceptional mountain or ocean views.
Extra Notables Features
• Love Language Concierge
• Miramar Picnics
•Stars and S’mores
•Daily fitness classes
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
• MICHELIN GUIDE – Caruso’s awarded one Michelin One Star and a Michelin Green Star
• Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards – Named #3 in “Top 15 Resorts in Southern California”
• Wine Spectator’s 2022 Restaurant Awards – Named Caruso’s a recipient of “Best of Award of Excellence »
• Tales of the Cocktail 2022 Spirited Awards – Recognized The Manor Bar among the Best U.S. Hotel Bars in the U.S. West.
• U.S. News & World Report 2021 Best Hotels Rankings – Received the Gold Badge as well as being named the « Best Hotel in Santa Barbara » and the ninth in « Best Hotels in California »
• Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Star Ratings – Sense, A Rosewood Spa at Rosewood Miramar Beach received a Five-Star rating
• Coastal Living – Featured as one of the 12 “Most Stylish Beach Hotels of 2019”
Number of Employees