OBEROI HOTELS & RESORTS
PROFILE & PHILOSOPHY
Oberoi Hotels & Resorts operates 22 Hotels and Resorts in 6 countries. Oberoi Hotels & Resorts is founded on the belief that the guest is everything. This philosophy is evident in every one of our people and manifested most visibly in the sincere personal care and attention that is afforded every guest. While it is true that Oberoi’s exceptional properties, accommodations and facilities contribute greatly to the esteem in which we are held, we measure our success by the value of the human interaction practiced by our people and deeply felt by our guests.
To this day, we at Oberoi Hotels & Resorts still practice the most simple and uncommon of operational philosophies that began with Rai Bahadur M.S. Oberoi, Founder Chairman, The Oberoi Group himself and now echoed by his son and current chairman Mr. P.R. S. Oberoi: The guest is everything. Our joy comes from ensuring each is seen and valued as a person, a friend, a family member who has come to stay. This is present in every gesture through words spoken or unspoken, in ways that are obvious and in ways that are quietly respectful of one’s time and privacy. You will be hard pressed to find properties as beautiful as ours or restaurants, guest rooms and facilities that are as exceptional. However, these are not what give Oberoi Hotels & Resorts its incomparable reputation. What our guests speak about most is that singular experience of being truly seen, heard and understood. Something no other hotel or resort can emulate. The astonishing effect one feels from an act, a gesture, a word; that is Heart. Felt.
HISTORY IN TEN DATES
- 1922: Rai Bahadur M.S. Oberoi, Founder Chairman, The Oberoi Group, arrived in Shimla and joined Cecil Hotel as a clerk.
- 1934: Rai Bahadur M.S. Oberoi, Founder Chairman, The Oberoi Group acquired his first property, The Clarkes Hotel, Shimla.
- 1938: The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata changed hands after a shutdown and was taken over by Rai Bahadur M.S. Oberoi, Founder Chairman, The Oberoi Group.
- 1943: Rai Bahadur M.S. Oberoi, Founder Chairman, The Oberoi Group acquired controlling interest in Associated Hotels of India (AHI) and became the first Indian to run the country’s largest and finest hotel chain.
- 1965: Having consolidated his early ventures, Rai Bahadur M.S. Oberoi, Founder Chairman, The Oberoi Group became the first Indian hotelier to enter into an agreement with an internationally renowned hotel chain to open the first modern, five-star hotel in the country – The Oberoi Inter Continental, in New Delhi – popularly known as The I-Con. EIH also became the first Indian hospitality company to employ women.
- 1966: The prestigious Oberoi School of Hotel Management, recognised by the International Hotel Association in Paris opened. Considered India’s premier institute, the school is now known as The Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development.
- 1973: The 35-storey Oberoi Sheraton opened in Bombay and Rai Bahadur M.S. Oberoi, Founder Chairman, The Oberoi Group became the first Indian to work in association with international chains to woo international travellers to India. This led to a heavy influx of international travellers and foreign occupancy soared to an average of 85%.
- 1978: The first Oberoi hotel opens outside India with the opening of The Oberoi, Bali in Indonesia.
- 1997: The Oberoi Rajvilās, Jaipur introduced a new concept of luxury leisure hotels to India.
- 2008: P.R.S. Oberoi, Executive Chairman, The Oberoi Group was honoured with Padma Vibhushan award, the second highest civilian honour bestowed by the Indian government.
SERANDIPIANS HOTEL PARTNERS
FUTURE OPENINGS & PROJECTS
- The Oberoi, Marrakech
7, Sham Nath Marg,
Delhi – 110054, INDIA
Ph: +91 11 2389 0505
MORE ABOUT OBEROI ORIENTATION
Warm, caring, intuitive and Heart. Felt. service
Unique Oberoi Experiences
Highly specialized butlers
24*7 butler service
Highly specialized wellness professionals at The Oberoi Spa at all Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, who focus on and ensure holistic wellness.
Oberoi Hotels & Resorts offers a range of culinary highlights at each of its properties; from local cuisine to International and fine dining options.
- Oberoi Hotels & Resorts has been voted the Best Hotel Group for the second consecutive year by Telegraph Travel Awards, UK – 2018 and 2017
- Oberoi Hotels & Resorts was voted World’s Best Hotel Brand for three years by Travel + Leisure, USA World’s Best Awards – 2016, 2015 and 2013
- Oberoi Hotels & Resorts has been voted as the World’s Leading Luxury Hotel Brand for six consecutive years by World Travel Awards – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Oberoi Hotels & Resorts ranked World’s Highest Rated Luxury Hotel Brand by ReviewPro Top Luxury Hotel & Brand Report – 2014
- Oberoi Hotel & Resorts voted Best Hotel Chain (outside the UK) by Guardian, Observer and guardian.co.uk Travel Awards – 2008
- Oberoi Hotels & Resorts voted Best Hotel Chain (outside the US) by Condé Nast Traveler, US, Business Travel Awards – 2007
All our hotels offer a luxurious fitness centre and swimming pool(s). Our Beach Resorts in particular have a plethora of water sports on offer.