Cheval The Edinburgh Grand United Kingdom
Cheval The Edinburgh Grand
42 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh, EH2 2AD
Date of Construction
Mr Grant McKenzie
History & Story
Cheval The Edinburgh Grand is steeped in history and was formerly the headquarters of the National Bank of Scotland, subsequently becoming the global head office for the Royal Bank of Scotland until 2007. Many of the building’s original features were intricately rejuvenated during the restoration project.
Opened as luxury serviced apartments in 2018. Restoration completed by Chris Stewart Group, a local property developer and owner of the building.
Location and Key Sites
Located in the beating heart of Edinburgh’s New Town on St Andrew Square, close to bars, restaurants, shopping and Edinburgh’s key city attractions.
Edinburgh Castle – Museum of Scotland – Palace of Holyroodhouse – St James Quarter – Edinburgh’s Old Town – St Giles Cathedral – Sir Walter Scott Monument – Arthur’s Seat – Calton Hill – Edinburgh Playhouse theatre – Johnnie Walker Princes Street – Harvey Nichols – Royal Yacht Britannia
Luxury serviced apartments with the services of a hotel such as 24 hour concierge, daily housekeeping, on site gym, bars and restaurants. Three Bedroom Penthouse with private terrace offering the best views of Edinburgh’s skyline. Historic building with many of the original features still in place and each apartment is unique. Fully fitted kitchens in each apartment allowing you to enjoy the comforts of home whilst travelling.
The building was predominantly constructed by women in 1930’s as the men were at war in Europe!
• 8 x Luxury Open Plan Studio – sleeps 2 adults – from 31 sq ft
• 3 x Deluxe Open Plan Stuio – sleeps 2 adults – from 32 sq ft – city views
• 11 x Luxury One Bedroom apartments – sleeps 3 adults – sofa bed – from 37 sq ft
• 6 x Luxury One Bedroom (with alcove) – sleeps 3 adults – bed deck – from 39 sq ft
• 13 x Deluxe One Bedroom Apartments – sleeps 3 adults – sofa bed – from 39 sq ft – city views
• 4 x Deluxe One Bedroom (with alcove) – sleeps 3 adults – bed deck – from 47 sq ft – city views
• 1 x Luxury Two Bedroom Apartment – sleeps 5 adults – sofa bed – 66 sq ft – two bathrooms
• 2 x Deluxe Two Bedroom Apartment – sleeps 5 adults – sofa bed – 105 sq ft – two bathrooms – city views
• Director’s Suite – sleeps 3 adults – sofa bed
• Three Bedroom Penthouse – sleeps 6 adults – 194 sq ft – city views – private rooftop terrace – 3 bathrooms
All apartments include the following:
Fully fitted kitchen including washer & dryer – luxury Arran Aromatic toiletries – hairdryer – Bluetooth sound system – flat screen tv – iron & ironing board – Nespresso coffee machine – pet friendly – in room safe
Restaurants & Bars
• The Register Club – Cocktail Bar and Lounge. Serandipians guests will enjoy complimentary breakfast and a £80 credit to spend in this elegant space overlooking St Andrew Square. Serves breakfast, Afternoon Tea, cocktails and selection of whisky
• Lady Libertine – Mouth-watering menus, an incredible array of cocktails and wines plus some of the best DJs and live music, split over two floors in the iconic Edinburgh Grand. The ground floor Wine Café serves up an enticing selection of dishes throughout the day, from homemade pastries to lunch and late-night bites.
• Hawksmoor – Hawksmoor draws on the amazing produce that Scotland has to offer, featuring seafood from around the Scottish coast and beef from grass-fed native breed cattle from both sides of the border. Hawksmoor serves some of the best steak in Edinburgh, also offering lighter bites at the bar alongside cocktails created by award winning bartenders.
Located on the lower ground level of Cheval The Edinburgh Grand, CaveFit fitness centre houses two studio spaces, fully equipped gym CaveGYM, available 24 hours daily, and CaveHIIT fitness studio, which hosts a variety of strength and metabolic sessions at an additional cost for hotel residents. Both spaces feature performance line equipment from Eleiko, Rouge and Watson.
The Games Room, located on the 4th floor and overlooking St Andrew Square, is the perfect choice for your intimate event or wedding. The cleverly designed room can be tailored either for a sit-down meal, mingling with drink in hand, or for a more formal meeting. Accommodates up to 40 seated theatre style and private dining on round tables.
EXTRA SERVICES :
• No minimum length of stay
• Pet friendly – £50 per pet charge applies per stay
• Reservations team available from 8am – 8pm GMT, 7 days per week
• Daily Housekeeping
• 24 hour Concierge
Number of staff on property
• 47 employees