Le Torri di Bagnara Castles Italy
Le Torri di Bagnara Castles
Strada Bagnara-Migiana, 06134 loc. Pieve San Quirico Perugia
Pieve San Quirico castle: from € 7,950 to € 11,950
Whole property: from € 12,875 to € 19,475 per week
|Sleeps 30||15 Bedrooms||12 Bathrooms & 2 guest half baths||Authentic Medieval Castle||Infinity Pool|
|Tennis||Fitness||Children Welcome||On Request||Golf|
Authentic Medieval Castle (Historic House).
Date of building and last renovation
This aristocratic property is an authentic hillside medieval Castle and an adjacent hilltop watch Tower, located in the centre of a 590-hectare (1500-acre) estate , whose owners are great-grand nephews of Napoleon Bonaparte and live in another castle of the estate.
In the early 2000s the owners undertook a careful and painstaking restoration of the hillside Pieve San Quirico castle (Main house), built in the 13th century by Emperor Frederick II of Swabia on an 11th century settlement, and converted it into a 7 bedrooms luxury holiday villa, whereas the hilltop 11th century watch Tower (Guest house) was converted into 4 country-chic style apartments.
Both the Castello di Pieve San Quirico and the watch Tower are Historic Houses. Historic Houses are classified as State listed cultural assets and are prestigious residences, true historical and cultural heritage of Italy. No costs were spared in the meticulous and painstaking renovation works that were done by the known architect Francesco Ventura, one of Italy’s main expert in the field of ancient buildings architectural restoration and consolidation. We have preserved all the original features (arches, stone walls, barrel vaults, wooden beam ceilings, frescoes…) and lavishly decorated the rooms with authentic period furniture and antiques.
The manicured gardens surrounding the hillside Castello di Pieve San Quirico (Main house) and the nearby hilltop Tower (Guest house) were designed by the known Tuscan landscape architect Alberto Margheriti, an explosion of colors and sweet smells, a large variety of ancient trees (oaks, olive and cherry trees), flowers, pomegranate and lavender bushes, lemon trees and the impressive David Austin rose garden.
• Le Torri di Bagnara Castles cater to the most discriminating travelers – those who require the privacy, comfort and independence of a real home with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel and the utmost in cleanliness and hygiene standards.
• Our castle-homes can be booked on a Self- Catering basis or as a “Villa Hotel”. All the services of a grand-hotel are available on request and our concierge team can customize vacation following clients’ desires and needs.
• With 7 bedrooms up to 15 bedrooms (sleep 30 in total), Le Torri di Bagnara Castles are designed perfectly for any group of people who want to stay together during their holidays: large, diverse family reunions, group of friends, destination weddings, yoga retreats, foodies, and small corporate groups.
• In prominent position with uninterrupted breathtaking views of the Upper Tiber Valley and surrounding hills.
• 590-hectare (1500-acre) private Estate with a working farm: manicured gardens, fruit and PGI olive trees, meadows, forests, small lakes, streams, 6 km of the river Tiber, walking trails, picnic areas, farm’s produce (extra virgin olive, oil, vegetables and fruit, “Chianina” veal meat, honey, truffles), 145 kw/h solar power system.
PIEVE SAN QUIRICO CASTLE (Main house) -7 bedrooms for up to 15 guests
• 6 double bedrooms (queen size bed) and 1 triple (queen size + single bed) with en-suite bathroom. 5 bedrooms can be converted into twin beds.
• 2 guest bathrooms.
• 5.000 sqm landscape garden, with “David Austin” rose garden, vegetable garden and aromatic herb garden.
• Jasmine covered panoramic dining veranda.
• Inner courtyard with marble & wrought iron dining tables for up to 30 people, lit with wrought-iron lamps, floor lamps and torches.
• Outdoor living areas.
• An outdoor panoramic infinity saltwater pool (110 sqm), with stunning views over the valley and surrounding hills, fully equipped with cushioned sunbeds, umbrellas, outdoor shower and all the safety features requested by law.
• Shaded wooden large pergola by the pool with sofas, dining table, fridge and ice-maker.
• Parking for up to 30 cars.
• Large gathering roof terrace with views of the Tiber valley and surrounding hills.
• 18th century consecrated Church (seats 70), available for celebrations, meetings, concerts and art exhibitions. Mass and blessings are available on request. For meetings, any kind of modern equipment is available on request.
• Fully equipped professional kitchen with dishwasher, volcanic stone grill, 2 ovens, refrigerators and freezer.
• Bar lounge with ice-maker, fridge for drinks and glass washer.
• Billiard room.
• Laundry room with with washing machine and dryer, clothes rack, ironing board, iron and steamer.
• Two living rooms with fireplaces; game room with fully equipped office corner.
• A/C in all bedrooms and in the panoramic veranda.
• Hight-speed WiFi throughout house and grounds.
• Smart TV with Netflix in the main living room, Blue ray.
• Portable stereo with CD player, Ipod doc stations
• Table tennis, bocce ball court, stone BBQs, kids’ playground, table football, yoga mats.
• Baby equipment: high chair and cribs.
• 15 Mountain bikes for adults and kids, helmets
All Pieve San Quirico castle bedrooms feature:
• Ensuite large bathroom with bathtub and rain shower or whirlpool bathtub.
• Individually controlled heating and air-conditioning.
• Complete sets of high quality linen and towels.
• « Floris » bath set including soap, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion.
• Mini fridge for drinks.
• Flat TV in the two master bedrooms .
HILLTOP WATCH TOWER (Guest house) – 4 apartments, between 25 and 81 sqm, for up to 15 guests.
• Apartment « The Joker » – sleeps 2 (25 sqm) : one bedroom with queen site, ensuite full bathroom with shower; living room with kitchen corner. AC.
• Apartment « The Vassal » – sleeps 4/5 (69 sqm), one bedroom with king size or twin beds, one bedroom with a french-size and a single bed. One full bathroom with bathtub ; living room with fireplace, full kitchen with a table inside. AC in bedrooms.
• Apartment « The Lady » – sleeps 4 (57) : one bedroom with king size or twin beds with barrel vaulted ceiling ; one bedroom with with queen size or twin beds ; one bathroom with shower ; living room with fireplace and full kitchen with a table inside. AC in bedrooms.
• Single bedroom with ensuite bathroom (sleep 1) – adjacent to apartment « The Lady ». AC.
• Apartment « The Knight » – sleep 4 (81 sqm) : entrance, large dining room with full cooking surface, living room, one bathroom and two gallery double bedrooms (one with queen size bed, the other with queen size or 2 twin beds). It features arches, arched Romanesque windows, barrel vault ceiling with frescoes. AC in bedrooms.
• Furnished with antiques and elegant fabrics, the apartments come with every modern comfort. Some have barrel vaulted ceilings, terracotta floors, working fireplaces and Romanesque windows, in addition to TV with Netflix, telephone, high-speed WIFI internet access, cutlery, crockery and kitchenware, baby equipment: high chair and cribs. Rooms and bathrooms have complete sets of linen, towels, hairdryer, and “Floris” bath set including soap, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion. All spaces enjoy sweeping views onto the Umbrian countryside.
• Cozy common living room with sofas on the ground floor.
• A 3.000 sqm terraced garden surrounds the Tower and features fig trees, oak trees, lawns and a monumental bay tree, with a splendid panoramic terrace equipped with lounging furniture.
• Children’s playground
• Stone BBQ
• Private parking area – covered area for 5 cars.
Location and Key Sites
Le Torri di Bagnara Castles lie on a hill overlooking the beautiful historic Upper Tiber Valley, in the region of Umbria – known as the ‘green heart of Italy’, midway between Florence and Rome.
Nestled in the centre of a 590-hectare (1.500-acre) very private aristocratic estate with a working farm – the “Tenuta di Bagnara”- the property offers a location that is unparalleled in both natural beauty and proximity to Italy’s greatest cultural offerings.
Sandwiched among Tuscany, Le Marche and Lazio, Umbria is one of Italy’s most fascinating regions, still off the mainstream touristic itineraries. It is a hilly, green Region, that displays fascinating towns and villages, tons of culture, beautiful sceneries, fantastic food, cultural events and much more. You will enjoy an atmosphere of bygone times, among the medieval paths, the palaces, the castles and the fortresses of charming villages. It benefits from a Mediterranean climate and the best time to visit is from May until the end of October, when you will have a pleasant or warm temperature and limited rainfall.
Le Torri di Bagnara Castles is located in the centre of Umbria, approximately 30 minutes drive to the border with Tuscany, 20 min drive to Assisi (a UNESCO world heritage site) and Perugia, and a short distance to some of Italy’s most renown Medieval towns such as Todi, Gubbio, Spoleto, Cortona, Siena and Orvieto. Firenze, Roma, Ravenna are only a 2 hour drive.
The closest airport is Perugia-St Francis international airport that is just a 20 min drive from the villa.
The property is a paradise of manicured Italian gardens, fruit trees, PGI olive grove, flowers, forests, meadows, small lakes, streams, 6 km of the river Tiber, wheat, corn and sunflowers fields, herds of deers and hares and unspoiled landscapes. The farm’s produce and walking trails are entirely reserved to our Guests, which offers a unique experience in direct contact with History and Nature.
The surroundings are completely rural and tranquil but Guests have the convenience of the village, bar, shops, restaurants and sport centers (Horse riding, Tennis course, Five-a-side football), only five minutes away by car. An excellent and challenging Golf course (18 holes), designed by Robert Trent Jones jr., is only a ten-minute drive.
15 in the Main Castle + 15 in the Tower apartments; children aged 0-2 who sleep in a cot, are accepted at no additional cost.
Children of all ages are welcome. The swimming Pool is unattended, therefore children should be always supervised by their parents. No safety fence around the pool. Baby cots and highchairs available. Children’s playground. Mountain bikes for children with helmets.
Small Pets are allowed with prior consent (fee: € 200 per stay).
• The property holds a Tourist Accommodation License – Luxury Agriturismo – and guarantees a superior degree of health and safety standards in accordance with the Italian Law. COVID-19: cleaning protocols and housekeeping services are performed pursuant to Italian Government and Health Office guidelines on Covid-19.
• The castle has current Global insurance coverage (Civil Liability, Theft and Fire). In particular Third Party Civil Liability covers any kind of damage – direct or indirect – caused unintentionally to Guests and their objects during their stay and deriving from the tourist accommodation activity. Le Torri di Bagnara Castles Third Party Civil Liability Insurance has a 3 million euro upper ceiling per each damage.
• Emergency services phone numbers are clearly shown.
• Pieve San Quirico castle panoramic terrace railings are over 1.0 m high.
• Pieve San Quirico castle kitchen exhaust has a specific sewage treatment plant.
• All the systems (electricity, heating, hot water, air conditioned, kitchen) comply with legal standards and are subject to regular inspections and maintenance.
• Natural gas pipes are inspected and their smooth condition certified yearly by a legally authorised company.
• Indoor and outdoor disinfestation, carried out by an authorised company, is made at the reopening of the season.
• An authorised firm makes an inspection against insects and rats monthly.
• There are fire alarm and carbon monoxide detector in the Pieve San Quirico castle kitchen, tested yearly
• There are fire extinguisher serviced every six months.
PANORAMIC SWIMMING POOL
• It features a salt chlorine generator.
• It is 148 cm deep and there are no skimmers.
• Life preserver rings and a pole for assistance are placed adjacent to the pool.
• There is an outdoor shower.
• A sanitizing foot washer is placed at the entrance of the pool area to avoid hygienic risks.
• There are clear depth markings around the edges of the pool.
• A water bacteriological analysis, carried out by an accredited laboratory, is done before re-opening the pool and in mid-season, so as to grant its utmost quality.
• A pool supervisor is appointed: he tests the water twice per day and adjusts PH levels (early in the morning and after sunset so to respect guests’ privacy), keeps a daily journal where tests, cleaning, inspections, the products put in the water and used to clean the area around it are recorded. The latter must comply with law standards.
• Ideal place to host exclusive destination weddings, celebrations and small board-room meetings
• Maximum capacity 60 people.
• License to celebrate on-site civil weddings.
• 18th Century consecrated church, which seats 60 guests – available also for meetings and concerts.
• Accommodation for 30 guests
• Professional wedding planning & coordination services
• Professional catering service.
• Cooking classes.
• The property features a Tourist Accommodation License (luxury Agriturismo), so only staff hired by the property may work in the property – no external suppliers.
• Large infinity panoramic salt-water pool. 14×7.5m
• Massages available on request
• Bocce ball court
• Table tennis & table soccer
• Children’s playground
• Billiard room
• Mountain bikes for adults and children, with helmets
• Yoga mats
• Board games (backgammon, chess, card games, trivial, puzzle, dixit, monopoly)
A Professional Concierge service, included in rental rates, can customize the clients’ vacation. A local expert will be at the clients’ disposal – before and during the stay – to design a tailor-made program of activities and excursions, plan easy access to concerts & events, golf, wineries and much more.
• Continental buffet breakfast
• Personal Cooking service (prof. chef, prof. waiters and maid for cleanings)
• Grocery pre-stocking and daily Shopping service with a car
• Yoga classes
• Massages & beauty treatments
• Cooking classes
• A real Italian Truffle hunting experience around our 590-hectare (1500 acre) very private estate
• Hot air balloon ride
• Personal photographer, to live your memories forever
• Food & wine tours in Umbria & nearby Tuscany
• Private excursions, guided tours, art tours in Umbria, nearby Tuscany and Rome
• Tickets to events and private viewings; restaurant bookings
• Tennis, golf, horse riding
• Guided bike tours, guided walking tours
• Private limousine and all kind of transfer, helicopter services
Number of staff on property
• Concierge service before and during your stay.
• Maid service from Monday to Saturday (in the morning), including tidying of bedrooms, bathrooms and quick cleaning of the kitchen.
• Complimentary Professional Support Service – available from the moment you book until you return home – to design your tailor-made program of activities and excursions, plan easy access to concerts & events, golf, wineries and much more.
• Pool maintenance from Monday to Saturday, including cleaning of the pool and testing of water.
• Property & facilities Manager on call 24/7.
• Welcome basket and Prosecco on arrival.
• Complimentary still and sparkling water, ice, tea and coffee, and condiments on arrival.
• Change of bed linen on Saturdays
• Change of bath and pool towels on Saturdays and midweek
• Final cleaning on Saturdays
• Selection of “Floris” luxury toiletries in each bathroom, changed weekly
• Non-woven fabric napkins, regularly refilled
• Toilet-paper, regularly refilled
• Washing and washing-up products (laundry and kitchen), on arrival
• Air conditioning in all bedrooms and in the Castle panoramic veranda
• Utility bills (excluding telephone and heating) included in the rental rates
• Unlimited use of WIFI internet access (high speed) available in both villas and outdoors
• Highchairs and cribs
• Use of the fully equipped laundry room at the Pieve S. Quirico castle
• Use of the Mountain Bikes available at house – for adults and children, with helmets
• Exclusive use of the panoramic saltwater pool (14 m x 7,5 m)
• Exclusive use of Table Tennis, BBQ areas, Billiards, Bocce Ball court, Table Football, Children’s playground, parking areas
• Access to the 1.500-acre (590 hectare) Bagnara Estate walking and biking trails, picnic areas, woods for berry-picking.