Hermes Galapagos Mega Catamaran
Hermes Galapagos Mega Catamaran
Gral. Rodríguez Lara y 18 de Febrero, Galapagos-Ecuador
Year it was Built or refurbished
Boat / Yacht Positioning
Galapagos first ultra-luxury cruise
Captain / Skipper
Hermes is interviewing candidates for captain
Hermes was designed to provide amenities that only larger vessels offer in the Galapagos Islands but at a more boutique and intimate level (20 guests). Hermes success is based on three fundamental pillars: unrivalled infrastructure compared to its peers, unparalleled service by our staff including butler assistance, and sustainability commitment through our reforestation program in the Galapagos. These attributes make Hermes the very first ultra-luxury ship in the Galapagos.
History & Story
Hermes Galapagos Mega Catamaran is an ultra-luxury expedition cruise designed and built specifically to navigate the Galapagos Islands. Thanks to Via Natura’s 30+ year experience in catering to high end travallers, our ship has been crafted taking into consideration demands and requests received by HNWI and UHNWI.
Hermes is a brand new ship
Main strengths, special touch
• Intimate and exclusive capacity: 20 guests
• State-of-the-art suites featuring a jacuzzi, a walk-in closet, a private balcony and floor to ceiling windows.
• Unparalleled service including a full-service spa, a hammam, unpacking and laundry services delivered by 15 crew members including a butler, a masseuse, and cruise director.
• A transformational journey aboard experienced through a signature menu, cooking and cocktail lessons.
• Small expedition groups up to ten guests per one naturalist guide
• Fabulous and flexible itineraries including at least two highlights per route
• Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks included in our guest rates
Hermes navigates the otherworldly Galapagos Islands, one of the most beautiful and pristine destinations on Earth.
Hermes offers guests an exciting array of activities including land excursions, birdwatching, biology, geology and history talks, snorkeling, kayaking, and swimming. In addition, travelers enjoy cooking and cocktail lessons aboard throughout the cruise.
Hermes was named after the Greek God carrying this name. Just like Hermes (the deity) is the protector of travelers and the messenger of the Gods, our ship delivers an unforgettable experience to voyagers in the Galapagos while being pampered like a heavenly star.
Hermes accommodates children six years or older. We have special activities and material to make the expeditions more interesting for children.
On charters, we can convert the library into a kids’ room if the family wants us to do so.
Cabins and living space
Hermes features 12 state-of-the-art suites above sea levels with floor to ceiling windows, and private balconies facing the boat sides. Ten suites are double and two of them single. Double suites are located on the main deck (four interconnectable) and upper deck (six). All doubles are 35 sqm on average, can be converted in two twin beds or one king-sized bed, and feature walk-in wardrobes, mini-bars, and vanity tables. Single suites are 20 sqm and have the same features. All suites have private bathrooms with double vanity, walk-in shower, and ocean-view jacuzzi.
Chef, Meals, Meals facilities, bars
• Hermes has an author cuisine menu developed by a renowned Ecuadorian Chef. He started in a basic restaurant at 3,500 meters above sea level and gained local recognition with his innovative dishes bringing traditional Ecuadorian food to higher standards. Aboard Hermes, he exploits his creativity by combining local ingredients and flavors with international cuisine trends and techniques on a menu enhancing travelers’ palate. Alejandro’s art extends beyond savor, into presentation. Consequently, all meals are served with an original decoration.
• Hermes sources ingredients available locally in order to support local economy and reduce food transportation carbon footprint. Serving all meals enables us to protect the environment by reducing food waste.
• Due to food’s importance for Hermes’ experience, the ship has two dining areas. The main dining room, located on the upper deck, has 12 double tables surrounded by panoramic windows and the stunning Galapagos landscapes. This distribution enables guests to enjoy the privacy characterizing us and enables us to organize tables following guests’ preferences.
• The al fresco dining area, on the sun deck, features 12 double tables preserving intimacy for our guests. Travelers enjoy delicious food while feeling closer to nature and enjoying Galapagos pristine breeze gently touching their face.
• A carefully crafted mixology complements our tasty cuisine. The delightful drink menu was designed to accompany meals or to enjoy during guests’ free time. Hermes has two bars where guests savor their favorite drinks. One is located in the social areas on the main deck and the other on the sun-deck.
Hermes has everything for a transformational wellness experience. Each suite has a private jacuzzi to relax after the expedition activities. Private balconies are ideal to meditate while observing the astonishing Galapagos nature. There is also a social jacuzzi on the sundeck to relax while sharing with your friends and family. Furthermore, guests have the Hammam to relax, detox, and enjoy all the benefits of hot steam in their minds and bodies. Complementing these facilities, a masseuse provides massage in our spa. The library and the sundeck can also be used to practice yoga.
Corporate and celebration events
Hermes has the ideal capacity, 20 guests, to host corporate and celebration events in an intimate and exclusive setting. It is available for charters which enables us to personalize the journey even more. We will craft an experience based on the main theme/celebration for the charter.
Extra Notable Features
Hermes and the Galapagos are the perfect combination for active travellers. The Galapagos are one of the most beautiful destinations for marine, land, and air wildlife observation. They have the perfect setting for water sports, and our vessel has all the equipment needed to enjoy the sea including wetsuits, snorkeling equipment, kayaks, and stand-up paddle boards. Our expedition also offers great hiking opportunities on unique terrain and surrounded by the most unique landscapes and wildlife.
Hermes complements this unique destination with lively and relaxing activities. Our guests learn about Ecuadorian culture through our cooking and cocktail lessons. Our wide array of social areas is ideal to host yoga sessions for those practicing this activity.
Galapagos’ first ultra-luxury cruise.