Royal Caribbean Group
Year it was Built or refurbished
Silversea’s purpose-built luxury Silver Explorer expedition cruise ship has been designed for navigating waters in some of the world’s most remote destinations, including both of earth’s polar regions. A strengthened hull with a Lloyd’s Register ice-class notation (1A) for passenger vessels enables the Expedition Cruise Ship to safely push through ice floes with ease. A fleet of 12 Zodiac boats allows Silversea Expedition guests to visit the most off-the-beaten path locations and an expert Expedition Team provides insight and understanding to each unforgettable Silver Explorer luxury cruise adventure. With all-inclusive dining, service and shore excursions, Silver Explorer is expedition cruising at its very best. Award-winning itineraries make this ship the perfect combination of adventure and comfort.
Main strengths, special touch
Even before your clients step aboard our ships, and well after they disembark, our enhanced all-inclusive offering provides complete peace of mind, as well as a special level of comfort that is a hallmark of the Silversea experience. Preempting even their most intangible need, our industry-leading service is simply unrivalled. The result is a curated lifestyle that leaves guests free to relax, indulge, and discover, as they explore the world.
From international roundtrip flights to open-seated restaurants to butler service in every suite category, we’ve included it all. With Silversea guests get utmost peace of mind so they can focus on what’s important: exploring that magic of your destination to the fullest and enjoying all your time onboard and on-shore. All they have to do is show up, and we’ll take care of the rest. Our journeys feature the same renowned all-inclusive Silversea service enjoyed by our guests around the world.
OUR ALL-INCLUSIVE EXPEDITION EXPERIENCES INCLUDE:
• Private executive transfers (from home to departure airport) • International outbound flight (or air credit) • Business Class upgrades at reduced rates • Transfers and luggage handling (between airport and hotel/pier) • Pre-cruise hotel night & domestic flight (on selected Expedition voyages) • Multiple open-seated restaurants, serving diverse cuisine and an in-suite 24-hour dining service • Sustainable caviar on demand 24 hours per day • Beverages in-suite and throughout the ship, including champagne and selected wines, premium spirits, soft drinks, and more • Butler service, onboard gratuities and Wi-Fi • Shore excursions and city centre shuttle • Highly-qualified Expedition Team (Expedition only) • Expedition lectures and activities (Expedition only) • Expedition gear, backpack and water bottle (Expedition only) • Post-cruise hotel night & domestic flight (on selected Expedition voyages) • Transfers and luggage handling (between pier and airport) • International return flight (or air credit) • Business Class upgrade at reduced rates • Private executive transfers (from arrival airport to home)
All year round sailing schedule
Silver Explorer is sailing in the polar regions through the European winter season and in the Kimberley, Australia during European summers. While navigating from pole to pole she is also offering itineraries in the South Pacific, Asia, Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Guests Capacity : 144
# Suites: 72
Expedition Team: 12 (+2 on Antarctica Bridge voyages)
Cabins and living space
Silver Explorer offers All-Suite accommodations, with one of the highest space-per-guest ratios in the industry. All suites feature ocean views, many with a private veranda. For a truly personal experience, we customise the suites with an abundance of amenities. From toiletries and personalised stationery to a bar with their favourite wines and spirits, we offer only the finest comforts in luxury cruise accommodation. All suites include:
Butler service • Refrigerator and bar setup stocked with your preferences • 24-hour room service and in-suite dining• Plush Etro® bathrobe • A choice of pillows • BVLGARI® bath amenities, plus a choice of other European brands • Alarm with iHome docking station • Personalised stationery • Umbrella • Direct dial telephone(s) • 220-volt outlets • Complimentary Wifi for all suites • Flat-screen television(s) with Interactive Media Library
Chef, Meals, Meals facilities, bars
Silver Explorer features 2 open seating gourmet-dining options:
The Restaurant, Silver Explorer’s main dining room, offers continental and regional specialties – unique to the voyage destination-, as well as sweeping ocean views.
The Grill features lava stone cooking at its finest, inviting guests to cook their food directly at their table. With the stone cooking available in the evenings only, The Grill becomes a daytime rotisserie and gourmet salad and burger bar, offering build your own burgers from the best selections of meat.
In the Observation library or Panorama Lounge, guests can enjoy exceptional views, in the Explorer Lounge they will hear fascinating tales of adventure or learn about the region’s endemic wildlife and nature and in the Connoisseur’s Corner they will appreciate an exceptional selection of good cognacs or premium cigars.
After a day of discovery guests can indulge in a luxurious spa treatment at Zagara Beauty Spa offering facials, body wraps and massages. Or they enjoy a hairstyling or pedicure/Manucure in Zagaras Beauty Salon. For active guests a Fitness Centre offers world-class equipment, classes, and personalized services.
Extra Notable Features
Antactica Bridge – The Fast Track To The Last Continent
We have transformed some of our superb Antarctica sailings into Antarctica Bridge, allowing travellers avoid the treacherous Drake Passage and arrive right in the heart of the South Shetland Isles. Your clients can board Silver Explorer directly from King George Island – the only airport in Antarctica that accepts commercial flights – and set sail for the destination that has been haunting their travel dreams for decades.
Their Antarctic adventure begins as soon as they arrive in Punta Arenas. Guests will enjoy meeting their fellow explorers during an evening briefing and welcome dinner before travelling the next day by private BAE146 aircraft in Business Class to King George Island, where they will board Silver Explorer for a life-changing voyage.
All Shore-Excursions are included in Silversea’s All-Inclusive offer. A team of expedition experts are onboard to accompany guests through dedicated, complementary expedition-activities.
Included excursions, activities and amenities:
– Informative lectures and expeditions with a team consisting of highly competent experts (marine biologists, ornithologists, historians)
– Zodiac® cruising, hiking, snorkeling and kayaking
• Expedition equipment: parka, wetsuits, snorkeling equipment as well as backpack and water bottle
• Exclusive partnership with the Royal Geographical Society