Royal Caribbean Group
Year it was Built or refurbished
The first destination-specific ship built by Silversea, Silver Origin delivers the ultimate experiential travel experience in the Galápagos. Never before have the islands been so superbly presented: a team of Ecuadorian national expert guides, the highest crew-to-guest ratio in the Galápagos, 8 Zodiacs, seamless hybrid spaces that offer an extraordinary voyage. All-suite accommodation, Horizon Balconies, butler service, sophisticated interiors, interactive Basecamp, Ecuadorian inspired cuisine … no aspect of Silver Origin has been left to chance. She is also the most environmentally conscious ship we have ever built as she is one of only two ships sailing in the Galápagos to feature dynamic positioning – meaning no anchor to damage the delicate sea-bed ecosystem. Silver Origin is also plastic free – guests are gifted a metallic reusable water bottle. Moreover, our carbon footprint is well below standard to preserve one of the world’s most important protected natural areas. Silver Origin is the only ship in the entire Galápagos region to offer butler service in every suite in order to give your clients that personal touch that makes their stay on board as enjoyable as their visit to the islands themselves.
Main strengths, special touch
Even before your clients step aboard our ships, and well after they disembark, our enhanced all-inclusive offering provides complete peace of mind, as well as a special level of comfort that is a hallmark of the Silversea experience. Preempting even their most intangible need, our industry-leading service is simply unrivalled. The result is a curated lifestyle that leaves guests free to relax, indulge, and discover, as they explore the world.
From international roundtrip flights to open-seated restaurants to butler service in every suite category, we’ve included it all. With Silversea guests get utmost peace of mind so they can focus on what’s important: exploring that magic of your destination to the fullest and enjoying all your time onboard and on-shore. All they have to do is show up, and we’ll take care of the rest. Our journeys feature the same renowned all-inclusive Silversea service enjoyed by our guests around the world.
OUR ALL-INCLUSIVE EXPEDITION EXPERIENCES INCLUDE:
• Private executive transfers (from home to departure airport) • International outbound flight (or air credit) • Business Class upgrades at reduced rates • Transfers and luggage handling (between airport and hotel/pier) • Pre-cruise hotel night & domestic flight (on selected Expedition voyages) • Multiple open-seated restaurants, serving diverse cuisine and an in-suite 24-hour dining service • Sustainable caviar on demand 24 hours per day • Beverages in-suite and throughout the ship, including champagne and selected wines, premium spirits, soft drinks, and more • Butler service, onboard gratuities and Wi-Fi • Shore excursions and city centre shuttle • Highly-qualified Expedition Team (Expedition only) • Expedition lectures and activities (Expedition only) • Expedition gear, backpack and water bottle (Expedition only) • Post-cruise hotel night & domestic flight (on selected Expedition voyages) • Transfers and luggage handling (between pier and airport) • International return flight (or air credit) • Business Class upgrade at reduced rates • Private executive transfers (from arrival airport to home)
All year round sailing schedule
As Silver Origin has been specifically designed and built for sailing in the Galapagos Islands, she is operating there throughout the whole year and seasons on 7-day itineraries from San Cristóbal to San Cristóbal, departing every Saturday.
Guests Capacity : 100
# Suites: 51
Expedition Team: 11 (including 1 Photographer)
Cabins and living space
Silver Origin offers All-Suite accommodations, with one of the highest space-per-guest ratios in the industry. All suites feature ocean views, many with a private veranda. For a truly personal experience, we customise the suites with an abundance of amenities. From toiletries and personalised stationery to a bar with their favourite wines and spirits, we offer only the finest comforts in luxury cruise accommodation. All suites include :
• Butler service • Private Veranda • Mini-bar with local snacks and a range of soft and alcoholic drinks • In-suite fresh water purification systems and refill stations • A choice of pillows • Eco-friendly bath amenities • Plush robes and slippers • Hair dryer • Flat-screen television(s) with Interactive Media Library • 110/220 volt and USB outlets • Direct-dial telephone(s) • 24-hour room service and in-suite dining • Complimentary Wi-Fi for all suites • Complimentary expedition gear (waterproof backpack, raincoat and premium metallic water bottle)
Chef, Meals, Meals facilities, bars
Silver Origin features 2 open seating gourmet-dining options:
The Restaurant is serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers the highest expression of the local cuisine, together with a wide range of international selections, as well as sweeping ocean views.
The Grill features lava stone cooking at its finest, inviting guests to cook their food directly at their table. With the stone cooking available in the evenings only, The Grill becomes a daytime rotisserie and gourmet salad and burger bar.
In the Observation library or Panorama Lounge, guests can enjoy exceptional views, in the Explorer Lounge they will hear fascinating tales of adventure or learn about the region’s endemic wildlife and nature over a cocktail. The perfect meeting point for Zodiac excursions, the Basecamp has been specially designed to offer guests a chance to prepare for their next adventure. Featuring an interactive wall, the Basecamp doubles as an information HQ where guests access information on the fascinating flora and fauna of the Galapagos Islands.
After a day of discovery guests can indulge in a luxurious spa treatment at Silver Origin‘s Beauty Spa offering facials, body wraps and massages. Or they enjoy a hairstyling or pedicure/Manucure in the Beauty Salon. For active guests a Fitness Centre offers world-class equipment, classes, and personalized services.
Extra Notable Features
All Shore-Excursions are included in Silversea’s All-Inclusive offer. A team of expedition experts are onboard to accopagny guests through dedicted, complementary expedition-activities.
Included excursions, activities and ameneties:
– Informative lectures and expeditions with a team consisting of highly competent experts (marine biologists, ornithologists, historians)
– Zodiac® cruising, hiking, snorkeling and kayaking
• Expedition equipment: parka, wetsuits, snorkeling equipment as well as backpack and water bottle
• Exclusive partnership with the Royal Geographical Society