Park Hyatt St. Kitts St Kitts & Nevis
Park Hyatt St. Kitts
1 Banana Bay, PO Box 1073, Basseterre, St Kitts, St Kitts & Nevis KN7000
Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Flor Van Der Vaart
Most recently, Mr. Van Der Vaart was Vice President of Room Operations for Hyatt Hotels and Resorts. Prior to joining the corporate offices at Hyatt, Mr. Van Der Vaart was the General Manager at multiple Hyatt and Marriott properties in Florida and the Caribbean.
5 star Luxury
As a new resort, we will develop and grow by following Hyatt’s Purpose, Vision, Mission and Values as follows:
To care for people so they can be their best.
A world of understanding and care.
To deliver distinctive experiences for our guests.
Respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun are our shared core values.
Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour
History & Story
Set on a nearly-untouched Caribbean island within the Christophe Harbour development on Banana Bay, Park Hyatt St. Kitts offers the unparalleled Park Hyatt experience for discerning leisure travelers. Our spacious guestrooms and suites combine contemporary architecture with a timeless, colonial feel that taps into the rich historic roots of St. Kitts. Many of the suites offer individual rooftop pools with spectacular views of the beautiful island of Nevis, surrounded by turquoise Caribbean waters. The Resort is inspired by the former sugar plantations which are reflective of times past.
New resort opened 1st November 2017
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• New luxury resort in a new destination in the Caribbean
• All rooms face towards the beach and Caribbean Sea
• Premium suites all have individual roof top plunge or swimming pools and sun decks
• Resort spans the entire length of Banana Bay with a secluded golden sand beach
• Total resort only measures 20 acres and takes 5-10 minutes to walk from one end of the resort to the other
Park Hyatt St. Kitts is nestled on Banana Bay, on the South East Peninsular, offering golden sand beaches and crystal-clear waters, overlooking The Narrows, a strait separating St. Kitts and Nevis. The resort is located a twenty minute drive from Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport. There are several restaurants and bars in the vicinity and nearby bays, such as Cockleshell Bay (5 min walk) and Frigate Bay (10 min drive).
Key sites/activities in the area
The beachfront location offers swimming in the warm Caribbean Sea together with non-motorized water sports, whilst motorized watersports, golf and tennis are available nearby. The majestic hills which surround the Resort offer hiking with rewarding views of the Island. Our Concierge team can assist with organizing excursions such as horse riding, zip lining or climbing dormant volcano, Mount Liamuiga. Or for those seeking a more historical experience, Brimstone Hill Fortress, Caribelle Batik at Romney Manor and Fairview Great House and Botanical Gardens await. No visit to the Island is complete without a trip onboard the St Kitts Scenic Railway discovering the relics of the sugar cane era.
• The Narrows Swim Challenge takes place every Spring from Nevis to the beach at Park Hyatt St. Kitts. At approximately 2 miles, the record to beat is 58 minutes and 9 seconds!
• The resort has it’s own on-property Sugar Mill which is the ideal locale for yoga and meditation.
• The Ramparts Pool, which is the resort’s adults-only infinity pool, is designed to replicate the Brimstone Hill Fortress – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• The resort has it’s own herb garden filled with tarragon, broad leaf thyme, rosemary, spring onion, micro and regular basil, local moringa.
The Island Fort is designed for children from three to twelve years old. The little ones are more than welcome to join the fun accompanied by their parents, adults in charge, or a babysitter. Activities range from Masquerade Hat Making and “Pelican Quest” to Calypso Workout and Superb Herb Adventure.
• Number of suites: 48
• Park Suite (3) – 708 sq. feet, king bedded suite facing towards the beach/sea with resort views.
• Beachside Suite (12) – 678 sq. feet, king bedded suite on the ground floor with terrace, enjoying views of the beach.
• Sea View Suite (10) – 678 sq. feet, king bedded suite with balcony and views over Banana Bay and the Caribbean Sea.
• Nevis Peak Suite (12) – 678 sq. feet, king bedded suite with plunge pool and relaxation terrace. The top floor Nevis Peak Suites are flooded with sunlight, boasting breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea and Nevis.
• Park Executive Suite (7) – 775 sq. feet, king bedded suite with private plunge pool and sun terrace. Enjoy views over the narrow straits between St. Kitts and Nevis.
• Penthouse Suite (2) – 1,119 sq. feet, duplex level suite featuring a king bed and indoor lounge on the entry floor. The top floor features a private swimming pool, sun deck and relaxation area, enjoying spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea and Nevis.
• Presidential Villa (1) – 5,210 sq. feet, three bedroom Presidential Villa located in an intimate position within the resort on the edge of Banana Bay. Accommodations comprise of one master bedroom, a king bedded guest room and a double queen bedded room. Private roof top swimming pool and lounge with sunken couches. Private gymnasium and games room. Meals can be prepared by your private chef in the kitchen and a dedicated butler is on hand.
• Number of Luxury rooms: 78
• Park King/Double Queen – 527 sq. feet, facing the beach/sea, resort views, terrace. (5 Park Kings, 4 Park Queens, 4 ADA rooms).
• Beachside Room – 527 sq. feet, ground floor closest to the beach with terrace and views of Banana Bay. (20 Beachside Kings, 15 Beachside Queens).
• Sea View Room – 527 sq. feet, on the second floor with balcony. The Sea View rooms boast views of the Caribbean Sea and Banana Bay. (21 Sea View Kings, 9 Sea View Queens).
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 126.
Restaurants & Bars
• The Great House – Breakfast, lunch, dinner with indoor/outdoor seating. Tot’s Rum Bar, Flemings Bar, herb garden, Chef’s table and conservatory serving plantation afternoon tea
• Fisherman’s Village – Ocean to table family dining experience celebrating freshly caught and prepared fish – lunch/dinner.
• The Stone Barn – Adult-only venue offering cuisine from the hearth using traditional ingredients for sharing – Dinner.
• Rampart Pool Bar – at Rampart’s Pool (adults only), serving light refreshments and drinks.
• Fane’s Bar – on the beach
• Miraval Life in Balance Spa – nine treatment rooms. Selection of body/facial treatments and massages available. 24-hour health club, and the Sugar Mill forms a tranquil location for yoga and meditation.
• Lagoon Pool – Family swimming with views over the beach and Caribbean Sea. 6 Pavilions (cabanas), are available to rent.
• Ramparts Pool – Adult’s only.
Corporate & Celebration Events
6,500 square feet of indoor flexible event facilities:
• Reception Room: 1650 square feet (2 flexible spaces both 800+ square feet)
• Great Room: 3712 square feet (3 flexible spaces ranging from 709 – 1336 square feet)
• Central Presentation Kitchen: 1026 square feet
• The Dining Room: 323 square feet
Four outdoor venues:
• The Terraces
• Beachfront Lawn
• Courtyard Lawn
• The Beach
Extra Notable Features
• Direct beach access with sunbeds and swimming in the Caribbean Sea.
• The Recreation Hut offers complimentary non-motorised watersports. Motorised watersports are available next door at Cockleshell Bay.
• Soccer and Volleyball are available via the Recreation Team.
• Mountain crest trails on the rolling hills behind the resort.
• Babysitters are available daily from 8:00am to 11:00pm.
• Water taxis to Nevis are available from the resort’s jetty.
• Weekly resort activity programme.
• Concierge can arrange tours and experiences, including a Sunset Catamaran Cruise, Zip-lining or an Island tour.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Park Hyatt St. Kitts on Travel + Leisure’s 2018 « It List »
• CNN’s 14 Best New Caribbean Hotels
• Park Hyatt St. Kitts named Caribbean Journals’ Coolest Hotel in the Caribbean
• Park Hyatt St. Kitts named Caribbean Journal’s New Hotel of the Year
« Top Hotels and Resorts to Travel to in 2017 » via The New York Times
« The Departures 100 List: The Luxury Hotels to Book in 2017 » via Departures
« Hotel Openings to Watch Out for in 2017 » via Travel + Leisure
« 10 Buzzy Destinations to Visit in 2017 » via The Wall Street Journal
« 10 New Hot Spots » for Caribbean Honeymoons via Bridal Guide
Number of employees