The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd
PROFILE & PHILOSOPHY
is a collection of authentic and uncommon luxury hotels. Comprised of more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries, our hotels embody the very essence of their destinations.
Offering varied styles of architecture and design, and immersive cultural experiences delivered by passionate people, our collection is curated for the curious traveler in search of their next discovery.
Travel to discover is not what we do, it is who we are. It is an essential part of our being. The connections we make and the knowledge that we gain from each experience is born out of our curious nature and desire to evolve as individuals. This belief is what underpins the experiences that we seek as travelers, and what drives the unwavering passion that lives within each of our hoteliers.
We select hotels specifically with curious travelers in mind to meet their high standards for quality and distinctiveness. The result is a curated portfolio of independent hotels united not by what makes them the same, but the remarkable details that make them different.
The Leading Hotels of the World TODAY
The Collection: Comprised of more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries, Leading Hotels’ distinct properties make up a collection of independent and uncommon luxury hotels throughout the world. Among our members are former castles, palaces, urban gems, mountain hideaways, safari camps and private islands.
Our Hoteliers: Artisans of hospitality, our hoteliers pride themselves on their largely family-owned, and independently managed hotels, the superlative service they live deliver, and authentic local experiences they set out to create. Each stay experience is a work of art crafted one-by-one according to the needs and interests of each very important guest.
Uncommon Experiences: Discover what lies beneath the surface in the world’s most cosmopolitan cities. From insider recommendations provided by local tastemakers and influencers, to exclusive experiences reserved for guests of The Leading Hotels of the World, we invite you to discover a world of possibilities beyond the doorsteps of our more than 400 remarkably uncommon hotels.
HISTORY IN TEN DATES
• The company was established in 1928 by a group of influential and forward-thinking European hoteliers. With 38 initial members, among them Hotel Negresco in Nice, the Mena House in Cairo and King David Hotel in Jerusalem, the organization was initially known as “The Luxury Hotels of Europe and Egypt”.
• By the end of the 1960s, HRI had grown to represent 70 hotels – all of which were in Europe.
• Early in 1971, the board of directors and management of The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. decided to expand the scope of the organization. It would include new members from around the globe, to meet the demands of the increased numbers of international luxury travelers.
• By the end of the 1980s, there were 235 Leading Hotels of the World, serviced through offices in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Today, the portfolio includes more than 400 of the world’s greatest hotels in in over 80 countries.
• In 2018, Leading Hotels celebrated 90 years of remarkably uncommon travel experiences continuously delivered to curious travelers by a group of passionate hoteliers representing more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries.
SERANDIPIANS HOTEL PARTNERS
- Armancette Hotel, Chalets & Spa
- Beau-Rivage Genève
- Beau-Rivage Palace
- Hotel Le K2 Palace
- Hotel Royal-Riviera
- Maison Albar Hotels L’Imperator
- Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa
- Terre Blanche
- Baglioni Hotel Luna
- Baglioni Resort Cala del Porto
- Baglioni Resort Sardinia
- Bagni Di Pisa
- Bauer Palazzo
- Borgo Egnazia
- Capri Palace Jumeirah
- Casa Angelina
- Due Torri Hotel
- Grand Hotel Majestic « già Baglioni »
- Grand Hotel Fasano & Villa Principe
- Il Sereno Hotel Lake Como
- Le Sirénuse
- Masseria San Domenico
- Mezzatorre Hotel & Thermal Spa
- Palazzo Avino
- San Clemente Palace Kempinski
- Terme di Saturnia Natural Spa & Golf Resort
- Villa Cora
- Le Monumental Palace, Maison Albar Hotels
- Savoy Palace
- Tivoli Avenida Liberdade Lisboa
- Tivoli Palacio De Seteais
- Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa
- Vidago Palace Hotel
- Anantara Villa Padierna Palace Benahavis Marbella Resort
- Abadia Retuerta LeDomaine
- Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa
- Bless Hotel Madrid
- Cap Vermell Grand Hotel
- Gran Hotel Inglés
- Hotel Camiral at PGA Catalunya Resort
- Majestic Hotel and Spa Barcelona
- Marbella Club
- Puente Romano Marbella
- Badrutt’s Palace Hotel
- Beau Rivage Genève
- Beau Rivage Palace
- Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois
- Carlton Hotel St. Moritz
- Grand Resort Bad Ragaz
- Gstaad Palace
- Hotel Eden Roc
- The Chedi Andermatt
- The Dolder Grand
- Tschuggen Grand Hotel
- Widder Hotel
Address and telephone
485 Lexington Avenue, Suite 401
New York, NY 10017
Telephone: + 1 (212) 515-5600
MORE ABOUT The Leading Hotels of the World ORIENTATION
Uncommon travel experiences continuously delivered to curious travelers by a group of passionate hoteliers representing more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries.
According each property
According each property
2020 Travel + Leisure 2020 World’s Best Award Winners
53 Leading Hotels were awarded this year, including the #1 Hotel in the World, Capella Ubud, Bali
Hotels with villas